PDA

View Full Version : 2.00!

Dan255
July 27th, 2005, 13:02
Anyone downloaded 2.00 yet? i downloaded it as soon as i woke up this morning! The best bits are: the wallpaper feature, theme settings and of course the web browser which is pretty fast!!! :D :p

Terry01234
July 27th, 2005, 13:26
what is it? I just got 1.50 shalll i upgarde to 2.00?

if yes, how?

Dan255
July 27th, 2005, 14:00
OMG! Where have you been for the past week - its like the biggest topic talked about since the psp came out lol! Anyway - yeah you should get it. The best feature is that it has a web browser so you can browse the internet on your psp!!! :D You can download it here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.playstation.jp/psp/update/ud_01.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.playstation.jp/psp/update/ud_01.html%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

or use your psp to download it through the network update button in settings! Enjoy!!!

Dan255
July 27th, 2005, 14:02
on the website, click on update with personal computer (at the bottom) then download

Darksaviour69
July 27th, 2005, 14:03
wait, if u up upgrade from version 1.50 u will not be able to play homebrew

Dan255
July 27th, 2005, 14:04
yeah, so what?!?! The browser is much faster than wipeout and there are loads of improvements!

Darksaviour69
July 27th, 2005, 14:14
well if i had a psp, i would rather have homebrew/emus than a browser

SnapeGrass
July 27th, 2005, 18:08
well if i had a psp, i would rather have homebrew/emus than a browser

Without a doubt Dark.

I have a 1.50 and the point of me keeping it that way is so that I could have fun...whats fun about browsing on the internet with the psp if you dont have the keyboard when I can just go play classic games on my emulators.

Just my opinion. :)

YourStillWithMe
July 27th, 2005, 18:28
To operate the Web Browser do you need that Wi-Fi crap? and can it run Homebrew?

Skez
July 27th, 2005, 19:10
you do need to connect to a wireless acess point, but you can just go to a mcdonalds for that (or get a wireless router)
but soon a flash supporting browser should be out, so you will be able to play flash games off the net on your psp

and no, of the homebrew i have tried to play, none worked

rmedtx
July 27th, 2005, 19:15
Guys,
I found this interesting news in Gamespot:
PSP browser released in Japan, works in US (http://gamespot.com/news/2005/07/27/news_6129825.html)

rydo88
July 27th, 2005, 19:37
of course you need wi-fi, how else would it work. also, can anyone get it to work on a US version? nevermind, i got it.

Velo
July 27th, 2005, 21:24
what exactly are the "themes" they talk about for the PSP?

-James

Dan255
July 27th, 2005, 21:28
what exactly are the "themes" they talk about for the PSP?

-James

Its not as good as it sounds. it only means changing the 12 colours of the month without changing the month itself if that makes any sense lol!

YourStillWithMe
July 28th, 2005, 19:39
I have a 2.0 and a 1.5 right now dont upgrade its NOT WORTH IT 2.0 sucks enough said the only thing thats cool is the wallpaper which is entertaining for a good 5 mins

wrazz
July 28th, 2005, 20:16
dont upgrade????
we are not all hackers and crackers??
it works--and it goes beyond wht we expected when we purchased the damn thing--
it was only a games console??
now its a www browser---ipod beater----mediaplaying --picture trading monster
my daughter got an i-pod--wont work unless its registered with i-tunes
psp--just needs the files put in the right place
and my pc---isnt the most stable of platforms--but it gets recognised everytimei plug in
ps
dont bother flaming--i wont be replying--its just my opinion:)
if you know what you want--get it
if not--wait
or pay later

Žeddragon
July 28th, 2005, 21:03
Its not as good as it sounds. it only means changing the 12 colours of the month without changing the month itself if that makes any sense lol!

WORNG Theme allows you to change colors. AND it can also allow to put your own photos as a wallpaper. Sounds to me you don't even have the V2. So why even blah out stuff.

Setup Wallpaper:
Go to photos in your psp. Pick a picture. When you see all the options for that pick. Click the Wallpaper icon. Now you have it as a wallpaper.
You can also resize it and crop it too.

leggy
July 28th, 2005, 21:17
Just installed 2.0 and the browser is great fun to play with!

Dan255
July 29th, 2005, 00:21
WORNG Theme allows you to change colors. AND it can also allow to put your own photos as a wallpaper. Sounds to me you don't even have the V2. So why even blah out stuff.

Setup Wallpaper:
Go to photos in your psp. Pick a picture. When you see all the options for that pick. Click the Wallpaper icon. Now you have it as a wallpaper.
You can also resize it and crop it too.

Sorry i thought the original question was about setting the theme colour and not about the wallpaper feature! My fault!! Anyway, yeah the wallpaper feature is very good! :D

Velo
July 29th, 2005, 02:34
the original post of mine was about the theme changer, not the background changer. Reddragon just mis-understood

-James

Dan255
July 29th, 2005, 12:32
the original post of mine was about the theme changer, not the background changer. Reddragon just mis-understood

-James

Seems as though i was right after all!!! :rolleyes:

leggy
July 30th, 2005, 18:05
The best thing about v 2.0 is the browser.

Easy to use and great fun.

Now, all I want is a keyboard!

Megaflare
July 30th, 2005, 20:12
isint that download for only japan?

Megaflare
July 30th, 2005, 20:15
dose anyone know when the USA Version of this will come out?

leggy
July 30th, 2005, 21:06
The Japanese download works on the US machine - the links are somewhere on these forums.

dman32
August 2nd, 2005, 08:28
For the people excited about the 2.0 update and you dont care about homebrew or emulation..WTF?!?! Why are you even posting here?

Kpow
August 2nd, 2005, 14:43
For the people excited about the 2.0 update and you dont care about homebrew or emulation..WTF?!?! Why are you even posting here?

Because if we posted on the Emulation section of this site we'd be told to piss off over here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE GAMING AND HARDWARE FORUM, WHY CAN'T WE POST HERE??????????

BlackxKnight
August 2nd, 2005, 15:55
hes not saying you shouldnt hes just saying your on an EMULATION and HOMEBREW forum if you dont care about it why are you on here? wouldnt a general PSP forum be more apropriate? idk it just dosnt make sense to me that people would trade multi platform fully playable emulation for....a web browser.

Kpow
August 2nd, 2005, 18:51
hes not saying you shouldnt hes just saying your on an EMULATION and HOMEBREW forum if you dont care about it why are you on here? wouldnt a general PSP forum be more apropriate? idk it just dosnt make sense to me that people would trade multi platform fully playable emulation for....a web browser.

I do get that, if you'd been here long enough you would know something, all these posts were in the same forum but they split them up in two so some of us that didn't want to read about homebrew or non-homebrew posts had somewhere to go. Do you really think the organisors of this forum would want us to go elsewhere?!?!?!? anyway by the moderators own admission this is no longer just a Dreamcast Emulation site, so if you want to talk PSP WHY ARE YOU HERE??????? THIS IS DREAMCAST EMU.

On the subject of trading "multi platform fully playable emulation for....a web browser" that's your opinion and you are entitled to say so but this is not the place for it. If you want to bang on about the pros and cons HB then go the HB section of this site. This is the Gaming & hardware forum where we can talk about HB games and the relevant hardware.

So back to my original point "For the people excited about the 2.0 update and you dont care about homebrew or emulation..WTF?!?! Why are you even posting here?" is because this is where we post and if you had a PSP and been around a while you'd understand.

tanner090
August 2nd, 2005, 23:55
Well i have just learned to accept the inevidible GTA is coming out soon and obviously sony is going to slap that update on there and i dont think that there is anybody that is so diehard on the crappy slow and usless homebrow that they would pass up a great game like GTA. Enjoy 2.00

Jdemon
August 3rd, 2005, 00:11
It just dosnt make sense to me that people would trade multi platform fully playable emulation for....a web browser.

Amen!!! I don't get it either, but I accept it...I'm assuming most of the people singing the praises of the 2.0 had 1.51 (or higher) anyway. There have been alot of 1.51 users waiting for a hack that doesn't seem to be coming any time soon, if I was in there shoes I'd be gung-ho for the 2.0 also.

I do understand why PSP people would hang around here though, DCEMU is an awsome place :D Aside from all the emulation, you can find good info here.

I couldn't care less about GTA but once SW Battlefront 2 and the Marvel Heros games come out I think I'm gonna have to make a decision about upgrading though.

PSP_Newbie
August 3rd, 2005, 01:03
i agree, i already had a web browser on my 1.5, along with wallpaper options, that photo IR file transfer the psp has but with any file, plus all the games from practically any system i want

Ziro
August 4th, 2005, 01:01
I agree with Black though, this does seem like an emulation place.

It's just weird as hell that everyone is all in a state of "Let's all trade in our souls so we can update our bodies. The only thing is that the bodies come with limbs that don't quite work. BUT THEY WILL SOMEDAY!!!!!!"

WSOUNitePirate895
August 4th, 2005, 01:14
I wouldn't upgrade for a web browser.... OH AN the PSP only has a Wireless b. card so the speed is only going to be 11.0mbps. (Slow) compared to a Wireless G card at 54.0mbps
You have 333mzh that is ALL USABLE for HOMEBREW, NO OTHER SYSTEM is at level, I would do this, look for the tenchu web browser which is said to be better that wipeout, and simply use the homebrew.
If you have no interest in homebrew why are you here? this a page for news but mainly about homebrew. Not Worth the Update is all I have to say.

aseddon130
August 4th, 2005, 01:44
what is it? I just got 1.50 shalll i upgarde to 2.00?

if yes, how?

if you actually did this, i would personally slap the h3ll out of you ... hehe

2.0 has nothing for me, if i want a web browser (which i dont) i already have two (the one on wipeout, and the one on the demo disc) and nothing else that it does appeals to me in any way!

the only reason i would upgrade to 2.0 is if i was on 1.52 ... which i am not! :p

YourStillWithMe
August 4th, 2005, 05:28
ok, people the psp is a video game system and it's made to play video games (NES, SNES, etc are video games!) and not surf the internet. If you want to surf the net than go on a desktop or laptop and get good speed as WSOUNitePirate895 stated in an earlier post! Start raging on me if you wish but I think that if you honestly need to surf the net on your psp is pretty weak. . . I prefer hanging out with my 200 and some odd NES games, my text reader with song lyrics, and my oxford dictionary. (just to name a few things. . .)

I will admit though that the Wallpaper is very cool though. It def. works better than the 1.5 PSP Personalize formats! (I have a 2.0 and 1.5)

P.S-If anyone wants a 2.00 PM me. I am planning on selling my other PSP in the near future!