PDA

View Full Version : PSP Startup Sounds...

o2byzst
July 27th, 2005, 22:45
Since you can change the background menus, tweak various system settings and generally screw with your PSP in just about all ways...has anyone heard or tried to change the PSP startup sound?

I'm talking about the sound that is played whenever you play a game or turn on an emulator? Screen goes white, "PSP" appears and that stupid chime rings...anyone tried to replace this with another sound?

SicKo
July 27th, 2005, 22:59
Its name is: gameboot.pmf. It's a pmf file.

o2byzst
July 27th, 2005, 23:49
Okay that's great...but how do we change it? It is stored in the flash memory like the background images are? I scanned around the memory card and saw no sign of a file like that. In fact I don't think I've ever seen a file with that extension name.

I'm just thinking if we can modify every other area of the PSP then it seems to reason that we could find a way to mod this file with a new sound. The only thing is I'm thinking that there are probably some pretty serious qualifications like there are with the changing of the backgrounds.

Any ideas or suggestion as to where to look?

SicKo
July 28th, 2005, 00:04
Yes! It's in the same folder that put the backgrounds 01.bmp, 02.bmp etc.

I found it in the dumped firmware 1.5. It's true. PMF files are videos. Like videos of savedata files.

o2byzst
July 28th, 2005, 01:01
Is there any way to access it or create a video/audio file to replace it as the boot up visuals?

PSP_Newbie
July 28th, 2005, 01:23
well, you can access the flash bios with File Assistant(App for the psp), and even copy files from memory stick to flash, but im sure there's a better program to do it if you would be willing to try