PDA

View Full Version : Smash GP Super Smash Brothers GP PSP

xuphorz
July 28th, 2005, 01:09
SmashGpsp v0.1 Released

mATkEUpON has just posted in our forums a port of a port so to say, in the form of his “Super Smash Brothers” port for Gp32 to the PSP, called SmashGpsp version 0.1. This is a very fun and nicely made port of his homebrew Super Smash Brothers for the Gp32. It has excellent sound, graphics, gameplay and plays full screen.

The Controls:
– Pad / Analog: control your character
– Up / Square / Triangle: jump
– Cross: simple move / take object / use object
– Circle: super move
– L: protection
– R + Cross: catch someone (without object) / throw object (+ direction)
– Start: pause
– Start + Select: return to main menu

Smash moves are triggered when moving fast in a direction + pressing the Cross
button instantly after.

It currently only has Mario and Luigi character, but you can download additional ones here http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,41

Download HERE--> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/smashgpsp.shtml

wraggster
July 28th, 2005, 01:26
its a bloody awesome game

xuphorz
July 28th, 2005, 01:31
its a bloody awesome game

thanks for the link, it's refusing to load on my comp

PSP_Newbie
July 28th, 2005, 01:44
wow, this is really great, it shows awsome possibility :D
if they ever figure out how to add wifi play, or through IR like Agenworld does, as well adding some more features, (music perhaps? more chars?) this is going to be one awsome game!! gj mATkEUpON

xuphorz
July 28th, 2005, 01:46
wow, this is really great, it shows awsome possibility :D
if they ever figure out how to add wifi play, or through IR like Agenworld does, as well adding some more features, (music perhaps? more chars?) this is going to be one awsome game!! gj mATkEUpON

there are a ton of characters you can download
i like Cool Spot

Kingtj
July 28th, 2005, 01:46
This is a great game for ppl who only have the 32mb memory stick that comes with the psp.

Cross
July 28th, 2005, 01:53
Well I just dl'd a ton of characters lol. So lets see how this bad boy does!!!

Cap'n 1time
July 28th, 2005, 02:12
hey, wraggster, how's the video thing i made coming?

have you ever heard of personal messages? :mad:

xuphorz
July 28th, 2005, 02:14
have you ever heard of personal messages? :mad:

right, i seriously completely forgot about those

economizer0
July 28th, 2005, 02:19
it doesnt work for me i get an error

"The game could not be started"
(80020130)

whats that mean? im on 1.5 firmware

FrozenIpaq
July 28th, 2005, 02:21

(80020130)

whats that mean?

If you are using a 1.5 psp: The author made a slight mistake in the naming of the folders.

To download working 1.5, go http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/smashgpsp.shtml

xuphorz
July 28th, 2005, 02:21

(80020130)

whats that mean?

the folder names are screwed
rename the one with alot of "_________________" in it to "SmashG~1"

xuphorz
July 28th, 2005, 02:22
does this game play full screen to any other 1.5 users? it doesn't to me :(

Romshark
July 28th, 2005, 02:31
Well, expect more delays on the next Scorched game.
*Starts playing as Tails beating up that DBZ character*

Just Kidding.

Really, though, this is a fun game. I don't have music, but there's a menu setting for music. Is that normal for everyone in this version?

This isn't full-screen yet, probably because it's an early port from another system. Give it time.

Anyway, how long until the PSP boards at all the sites get the "How do I create my own characters" topics? Truth be known, I wouldn't mind making my own character, but I don't really have the time these days anyway.

PSP_Newbie
July 28th, 2005, 03:15
alright, if anyone needs it, i copied all of the differnt character files from the site from the first page and put everythign in one folder that i zipped up, if anyone needs it, just copy the contents of the folder(or the characters you want) entirely into the psp\game\smashgp folder
tried out a few of em and they work great
hope that will save everyone some time :D

Download Here -> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/smashgpsp.shtml

Kingtj
July 28th, 2005, 03:29
xuphorz why did you rename the folder?
I just copied the folders over to the game folder and it played in full screen.

xuphorz
July 28th, 2005, 03:42
xuphorz why did you rename the folder?
I just copied the folders over to the game folder and it played in full screen.i haven't tried the one in this page yet.
i'll do it now

shadowprophet
July 28th, 2005, 04:32
alright, if anyone needs it, i copied all of the differnt character files from the site from the first page and put everythign in one folder that i zipped up, if anyone needs it, just copy the contents of the folder(or the characters you want) entirely into the psp\game\smashgp folder
tried out a few of em and they work great
hope that will save everyone some time :D

That saved me a little time and trouble that was a good idea:D

omniosiris
July 28th, 2005, 06:39
the game runs in full screen for me....still really buggy though, tons of graphical errors. Made me exit the game after each match and restart it or the game locks up

trew01
July 28th, 2005, 07:00
well damn i get that error as well when trying to start it up. i did rename the folder still does it. any other suggestions? does this game play well? (full speed and what not) thanks for any help in advance.

Edit: forgot to add i did try just a straight copy and paste. also i tried using the exploit tool. hope i can get some help on this. its the only homebrew i havent gotten to work im on version 1.51

shadowprophet
July 28th, 2005, 07:14
the game runs in full screen for me....still really buggy though, tons of graphical errors. Made me exit the game after each match and restart it or the game locks up
Really you can run it in full screen? how did you pull this off? i cant find any options for it:confused:

xuphorz
July 28th, 2005, 07:21
Really you can run it in full screen? how did you pull this off? i cant find any options for it:confused:

got it
menu's not ful screen, but gameplay is

omniosiris
July 28th, 2005, 07:26
hate to say it..but your screwed, I have never been able to get homebrew stuff to work on 1.51, 1.52 or 2.00

PSP_Newbie
July 28th, 2005, 08:05
err, how can all other emus work for you if you r runnin 1.51? no emus work on any non 1.00/1.50 either you have 1.50 and some other problem is occurring, or u never could run emus

asphalter
July 28th, 2005, 09:18
Rename the folders.

to

SMASH

and

SMASH%

B_man55
July 28th, 2005, 10:39
Simply amazing.. In the end, I want to see some music, fixed sprites for the characters with weapons, and a somewhat better view when fighting 1 opponent. It also needs more stages, and possibly a multiplayer mode! Other than that, great work. Also, does it ever randomly shut off on your guys?

Kingtj
July 28th, 2005, 14:03
It has never shut off on me but it froze once.

trew01
July 28th, 2005, 18:13
i am sorry it is a 1.50 firmware. and no need to be so rude ya know i just wanted to know if there was a fix. i have tried to rename the folders. any other suggestions? thanks again

EX-Danza
July 28th, 2005, 21:05
hey does it mess up for you guys when u pick fighters on the second page and then go back to the first?

trew01
July 28th, 2005, 22:08
wish i could tell ya cant get the silly thing started up without an error. i envy you for atleast starting it up.

Kingtj
July 28th, 2005, 22:13
trew01 explain wut you did to put the game one your memory stick.

trew01
July 28th, 2005, 22:32
well i did it numerous ways let me explain them.

1: i followed the directions and renamed the folder with the _________ to what you all said. then i took both folders and moved them to the psp/games folder. that diddnt load it so onto the next step.

2: I just coppied the folders directly as they were (even with the folder that said ________) and tried that out nope same error.

3: ok this time i was getting desperate. i used the exploit tool and took the bpb file (orwhatever its called sorry forgot) and tried to compile it that way to the psp. same error again. i never had any problems with other homebrew i wonder what it could be im doing wrong? does anyone have a link to a better download of it maybe?

thanks again for the help to everyone that has atleast tried to give me some advice. i wouldnt even bother with it but it was my all time favorite game on n64 lol. its not a big deal if i can get it going but i would appriciate it weather or not i can get some help.

Kingtj
July 28th, 2005, 23:01
Ok i don't know wuts wrong with it but i got my file off this site then copied the file straight to my memory stick.
Also i have a memory card reader on my pc so that might be why it worked.

trew01
July 28th, 2005, 23:06
ahh so using the link cable i got from that crappy maxmedia storage thing might be whats causing all my problems? i have also run into a problem where when i transfer a file to my psp via the link cable it will not stay on the memory stick. it will say it coppied to it then when i dissconnect and reconnect the link to see if its still there it wont be. i have to move the file or folder to the psp numerous times for it to stay.

my fix for it so far is to overwrite the file 5 times or more before i dissconnect then it stays. kinda weird i thought at first it was my memorystick or psp. now im thinking its the link cable. what do you think?

Kingtj
July 28th, 2005, 23:14
I think it might be the cable but i never used a cable so i am not to sure.

trew01
July 28th, 2005, 23:21
lol wish i had a card reader on my pc like you sigh.... guess trial and error ill go out and buy an official sony one (if they are out there).

ganon
July 28th, 2005, 23:21
I justed converted the pbp from 1.0 to 1.5 with sei psp tool
for some reason the 1.5 pbp version didnt work

trew01
July 28th, 2005, 23:30
I justed converted the pbp from 1.0 to 1.5 with sei psp tool
for some reason the 1.5 pbp version didnt work

doh! i should of tried that thanks a ton ganon!!! i gotta give that a try now.

finniruse
July 29th, 2005, 19:02
I have a v1.0 i dont have to many problems getting homebrew to run on my psp however i cant work out how to make smash work it just turns off when i try to run it! I LOVE smash bros and i need to play this game so badly PLEASE will some 1 give me some directions on how to make it work!!!!!

RedKing14CA
July 29th, 2005, 19:15
if 1.51 and 1.52 and even 1.53 cant run homebrew why is it sony says 2.00 cant run home brew at all.. hmmm... perhaps its because THEY discovered flaws n such in 1.51/1.52 and 1.53...

shadowprophet
July 30th, 2005, 00:27
if 1.51 and 1.52 and even 1.53 cant run homebrew why is it sony says 2.00 cant run home brew at all.. hmmm... perhaps its because THEY discovered flaws n such in 1.51/1.52 and 1.53...
Once somone very wise said to me, There is no such thing as unbreachible security. I believe that even tho 1.51+ hasnt been breached yet, $ony knowing those updates fully and completely. knows there weak spots, And with the 2.0 they are certain no one will ever crack it. But thats not to say its impossible:p

Cap'n 1time
July 30th, 2005, 01:02
Once somone very wise said to me, There is no such thing as unbreachible security. I believe that even tho 1.51+ hasnt been breached yet, $ony knowing those updates fully and completely. knows there weak spots, And with the 2.0 they are certain no one will ever crack it. But thats not to say its impossible:p

thats true... its just not very probable :(

finniruse
July 30th, 2005, 17:06
Someone please help me get smash running on v1.0 im desperate!!!!!!!

JACKBURTON
August 1st, 2005, 13:43
Please someone help out finniruse as im having the same problem select the game from the psp menu then it switches off my psp a tad annoying as almost there any help would be very very greatfully recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shadowprophet
August 1st, 2005, 14:01
Please someone help out finniruse as im having the same problem select the game from the psp menu then it switches off my psp a tad annoying as almost there any help would be very very greatfully recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a complete shot in the dark. But im forced to ask.
About five years ago did you go by the icq name jackburnt ?
his name was jack burton also. and I lost this contact,he was a good friend of mine. ive looked for him ever since.

finniruse
August 3rd, 2005, 16:18
Basically you take all the contents out of the file with the "gpsp_______%" and u put it in the version 1 folder but dont replace the eboot file and that should work!!!

conker
August 17th, 2005, 01:23
i have version 2.0 and cant start it helppppppppp i really want it

Cap'n 1time
August 17th, 2005, 01:26
i have version 2.0 and cant start it helppppppppp i really want it

im wondering if some of you people are just sadists.

sadism - The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from cruelty.

jediacad
October 2nd, 2005, 12:00
Can som1 plz help me how do i get the smashpack 2.0 on my smash gp. I hav a 1.5 psp (WOOT FOR DOWNGRADER!!!)

Choska
October 4th, 2005, 17:32
Guys i dont meen to be a total noob but how in the world does this work i upload the files to the specified folder and then go to games now one ses its corrupted with no image and the other ses game corrupted :(

cool898
June 10th, 2006, 20:13
Hi wassup

Agaros
June 13th, 2006, 14:48
So I can't play this game on 2.5, right?

Chdc chris
June 13th, 2006, 16:10
That's right :mad:

Chdc chris
June 13th, 2006, 16:13
I wish mATkEUpON would make a version for 2.00+
Does anyone know if he's working on this?

Apoklepz
June 13th, 2006, 16:35
Last I heard, fanjita was working on a patch for the homebrew loader to enable playing this homebrew... But this was last month, so I don't know if it's still being worked on.

Shilo
June 13th, 2006, 19:54
Last I heard, fanjita was working on a patch for the homebrew loader to enable playing this homebrew... But this was last month, so I don't know if it's still being worked on.

I hope it is still being worked on. This game looks really good, and I've been wanting to play since I first bought my PSP.

Shadowblind
June 13th, 2006, 20:00
the only problem with this game: People jump too high on it! They need to tone down the speed at which the players move, jump, and such. plus make bigger maps.

Apoklepz
June 13th, 2006, 20:09
Everything is made through a very rough and buggy editting program, that's why almost nothing comes out the way you want. I must say though, the maps are waaay more easier to make than the caracters, and for the greatest part the maps come out fine in the end...the caracters editing tool is the messy one, but with some patience and time, anyone can make some caracters.

I say with the release of a new update on this homebrew should also be included a more user friendly editing tool for all the add-ons.

Shadowblind
June 13th, 2006, 20:10
im happy though that they made sora a character

Apoklepz
June 13th, 2006, 20:17
Sora is pretty crappy in it though. His animations are rendered so fast, it's almost impossible to score a hit every time. Knuckles the Echidna, and even the little hardhat from megaman can kick his butt any day. That's the kind of thing that sucks about the end product of the editing tool.

I was making a version of Alucard and Mew two once this homebrew hit, but I could never get them to do what I wanted. And when I tried again they would come up all glitchy...It was horrible.

Lebow
June 13th, 2006, 23:33
can you play this on firmware 2.6?

KarmaPolice
June 20th, 2006, 06:30
What Emulator are you guys using to run this ?

Mailas Gonrai
July 30th, 2006, 04:36
No emulator.
Its an app by itself.

DuDz935
July 31st, 2007, 04:30
i lov that game if this link doesn't do it for you try http://membres.lycos.fr/matkeupon/ and for more characters try http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,41.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :thumbup:

smnaotrt
November 24th, 2007, 17:37
this looks pretty good to bad I don't have a PSP though. It would be awesome if people could make this for the DS and other systems too.

Safari Al
November 24th, 2007, 17:52
you know what else is awesome? people who dont bump year old threads

edyguy707
January 26th, 2008, 01:27
this is the whole reason i down loaded daealus, cant wait to play it:D

djbrotherson
January 26th, 2008, 03:37
can someone post a screenshot cuz i wanna see what it looks like and im at work so i cant goto youtube

Got Milk
March 30th, 2008, 01:38
whats with this game? i download it drag and drop the 2 folders to GAME150 and only like 10 of the files in the smashgpsp 1 folder will transfer over

racuyz
March 31st, 2008, 03:26
...none for ds? *sniff*

Mr-S
April 21st, 2008, 19:36
lol good going smashgpsp... im definately trying this out :)

kyle1234567890
April 25th, 2008, 02:46
it wont load for me it says zip file dammaged can someone send me another link or somthin please

kyle1234567890
April 25th, 2008, 06:50
ok i found a different link and im all set. ty anyways guys

beboiz
May 24th, 2008, 23:04
mine couldnt be started from the beginning and can some1 plz help me wit downgrading a 3.90 to 1.5 or at least help me get it down to 3.5 so i can go from there cause i cant even make a pandora battery let alone try to downgrade w/o it

sonic2456
November 19th, 2008, 17:49
is there a way or is there a port for super smash flash on psp without cfw..cause i have firmware 5.1