PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to PSIX

shizzle
July 28th, 2005, 10:08
That was that psp os that was raging on these forums about 3 weeks ago. I've seen a new screens of it since it changed its name. I'm starting to doubt it now it could have been another hoax that died down. It's been a month since we were due a beta and it never came. Are you still around msx?? Whats going on here because this could be declared fake offically now :rolleyes:

quzar
July 28th, 2005, 10:31
I'm pretty sure it was released, but all it was was a file manager port of microwindows/nano-x i think.

shizzle
July 28th, 2005, 10:39
nah that was the nano-x port. This was something different.

quzar
July 28th, 2005, 12:03
well because the nano-x port was what msx was going on about.

shizzle
July 28th, 2005, 12:53
no it wasn't. His was what they called winpsp, it was their own ground up "os" for psp. They thn changed the name to psix to stop people asking about porting questions. This has nothing to do with the nano-x port go look at the old threads or ask msx.

MSX
July 28th, 2005, 19:50
It's still being developed, Fluff released a screen of the new version that then got ripped by PS2banz who then edited out the watermark and put their own on it, claiming they got the exclusive news.

Anyways, I'll ask Fluff if he doesn't mind me giving you guys the old beta I gave you screens of, so that you can stop with your :rolleyes:s....

Oh, and quzar, I wasn't talking about the nano-x port.

shizzle
July 28th, 2005, 21:41
see, not nano-x. When you say old beta, do you mean the really old version that did nothing that all the fuss is over , we want the beta that had the orange background lol.

MSX
July 28th, 2005, 23:26

The beta I showed you had an orange background; it's more or less a proof concept...so that you'll stop doubting and wait.

quzar
July 28th, 2005, 23:30
ah ok. both resolved at around the same time. and i stopped caring since it seemed so fake and they both ended up sounding like the same thing (windows managers).

sorry bout the hassle shizzle.

Cap'n 1time
July 28th, 2005, 23:32
Id personally rather have linux running X... when the hell will that happen?!!?

actually, I hate X, but there is alot more you can do with it. I dont quite understand Nano-X. I think it was an X-window system created for familiar (the embeded linux for pocket pcs) that being the case... will familiar (which supports the ARM) be ported to the PSP? probably not. but I dont really understand how the hell Yale Huaung got this crazy thing to run.

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 00:46
not that one. The one thats been in the news latley, the one that looks as if it does something, not that thing you showed us, they just bought a lot of so whats, whereas the latest developments look good. The ones which have been watermarked like you said.