PDA

View Full Version : Video UMD? (2.0)

MasterChafed
July 28th, 2005, 17:52
I am just writing this post to make sure I want to upgrade. Since only the Japanese version of 2.0 was released so far, i want to know if it still allows playback of Region 1 (North American) video umds.

MasterChafed
July 29th, 2005, 15:04
Listen I really need to know if it will allow the playback of North American UMD Videos

Darksaviour69
July 29th, 2005, 15:07
i thought that psp were region free

edit: u should have read the 2.0 ***
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8416

8.) How does the UMD region code work now with the 2.0 upgrade?
If you upgrade a US PSP with JP firmware, the region codes will not change. Region codes do not change with firmware.

MasterChafed
July 29th, 2005, 19:45
Thankyou, and did you diliberatly call me a *** or was it a typo? did you mean faq?

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 19:48
he called you a ***, i'd lynch him.

only joking hes the admin. Don't update with the jap update sony advised against it. It means that it might cause trouble if you do later on. if that helps.

RedKing14CA
July 29th, 2005, 19:49
whats the difference between games and videos, why encode them for different regions? this world is so bunk...

normal people arn't allowed to do things like not sell someone something because of there race, but big companies are (like sony!)

i am no racist, i hate racists!

edit- shizzle sony also said that if you run "unauthorized" code on your psp it would break, because sony is allowed to lie, even if my constitution forbids it, and forbids false advertising, sony is left alone, because the world is corrupt!

MasterChafed
July 29th, 2005, 20:06
one last question. I did read the FAQ but I am still a little confused about one thing. Okay after 2.0 has passed and we get something like 2.1 is it possible to upgrade from the Jap version of 2.0 to the US version of 2.1? because that way i would be able to redeem my warranty, if i cannot upgrade to a us version than i will just wait for the US release.

RedKing14CA
July 29th, 2005, 20:10
if you can update from us 1.5x (1,2,3?) then you should be able to upgrade jap 2.0 to us 2.1, but ya never know, sony are racist bastards

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 20:11
i suggest you wait just in case.

RedKing14CA
July 29th, 2005, 20:12
what is the point of sony making us wait? i mean REALLY!??!?

MasterChafed
July 30th, 2005, 04:24
i know you would think considering that the psp is region free and all they could just release a region free update. it really makes me mad that they make us in the U.S. and other countries wait so long, i mean the firmware has the English language built in so just convert it sony. ARGGGHHH.