PDA

View Full Version : PSP Trade-In Value?

DarthPaul
January 8th, 2008, 22:26
What's the current PSP trade-in value on GameStop?

I'm planning to give mine and buy a Slim. I have my friend's Slim with me because he asked me to hack it. And it's really cool, I'm excited and I want one now.

I have the money to buy a new Slim, but I just want to know if they give me enough for the Phat one. If they do I'll just give it 'cause I doubt I'll use it after getting a Slim.

Thanks in advance! :)

PSPdemon
January 8th, 2008, 22:49
trade in wise....you wont get alot off of it....

you are better off to keep the phat and buy the slim as a 2nd psp.

remember, slim doesnt have 1.5 kernal... so some homebrew wont work on slim at all. so its good to have a phat for 1.5 brew ( yes.... some things do still require and are bound to using the 1.5 kernal ) and a slim for 3.xx brew ( esspecially ones with video out :D )

i hope that helps with your answer.

DarthPaul
January 8th, 2008, 22:56
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.

But I didn't want to spend so much. But I think it's the best choice. I will regret to have sold the Phat later. I'll probably just buy the Slim pre-owned[used]. It will be cheap, and I'll make sure to choose one in good conditions.

Thanks for your help man! Very appreciated.

Looking forward to more opinions though.

mike_jmg
January 9th, 2008, 03:43
That's probably it, you wont get much out of it, and you'll probably regret not having 1.50 kernel

A friend of mine just got his slim and I want one too, but at the same time I think "what for", I can play the same games and snes9x with "ME" support. I say that to myself, but I'm still wanting one LOL

Really though choice, but yeah don't trade it or sell it cause you won't get much. I've spent a lot of money on mine, and I don't want to see some dude having it for half the price I paid, I rather see it covered in dust hahahha! (or used by my brothers)

DarthPaul
January 9th, 2008, 06:02
Now I have 2 Slims with me that I'm working on. The Star Wars' and the Silver. :( They look so cool.

But yeah, you're right guys. That's what I'll do. Thanks for your help. :)