PDA

View Full Version : Need help UMD Movies.

jhervias
January 8th, 2008, 22:34
I need help on my UMD Movie Disc when i load the error appear " This disc cannot be started. The region code is not correct. " How could i resolve this problem? I,ve tested this on PSP version 3.71 M33-4 and version 3.72 HX-2. i'm hoping for the solution of my problem.:(

No_one_in_particular
January 9th, 2008, 07:06
There's an option in Recovery (Hold R when starting up the PSP) under Configuration, called "Fake Region", when selected if you press X it'll cycle through the different regions it can fake (Japan, US, Europe, Australia/NZ & Russia) and then return to Disabled. Choose the one you want, click Back and then Exit. I suggest you set it back to Disabled once you've watched your film using the same methods.

jamotto
January 9th, 2008, 07:25
There's an option in Recovery (Hold R when starting up the PSP) under Configuration, called "Fake Region", when selected if you press X it'll cycle through the different regions it can fake (Japan, US, Europe, Australia/NZ & Russia) and then return to Disabled. Choose the one you want, click Back and then Exit. I suggest you set it back to Disabled once you've watched your film using the same methods.

I could never get that working, also tried the umd region free option too.

How could i resolve this problem?
The only way to get such movies working that I have found is to have someone with a psp from the right region dump the movie for you then copy that over your psp.

Besty90
January 21st, 2008, 19:51
There's an option in Recovery (Hold R when starting up the PSP) under Configuration, called "Fake Region", when selected if you press X it'll cycle through the different regions it can fake (Japan, US, Europe, Australia/NZ & Russia) and then return to Disabled.

Does this actually work, never seems to work for me? :confused:

jeegee
March 26th, 2008, 14:06
I need help on my UMD Movie Disc when i load the error appear " This disc cannot be started. The region code is not correct. " How could i resolve this problem? I,ve tested this on PSP version 3.71 M33-4 and version 3.72 HX-2. i'm hoping for the solution of my problem.:(

i got this issue too. changing region in recovery does not work. Enabling umd free region does not work either. on slim or fat. only way i found was to get the movie from elsewhere (online) and convert the file to mp4. hope this helps you. i was looking for a solution and not found one yet.

MicroNut
March 26th, 2008, 14:40
Has anyone tried this (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148038833&postcount=2)?

No_one_in_particular
March 26th, 2008, 17:23
Blatantly talking out of my arse. lol

jamotto
April 1st, 2008, 06:22
I got some time to try the UMD Emulator V0.8C and I could not get any out of region movie umd's running with it.

MicroNut
April 1st, 2008, 11:20
:(
Thank you for trying...

Wally
April 1st, 2008, 23:19
I had some issues with 3.70 too, they were resolved in 3.80

Try that!