PDA

View Full Version : Should I go the CFW route?

Synshenron3
January 8th, 2008, 23:52
Hi, I have a slim psp with official firmware.

I am getting quite interested in Custom firmware. However, I bought my slim 2 month's ago, and I am a bit worried. But I could try o go through the process.

Will custom firmware void my warranty? If so, would there be any other way around it in case my psp got bricked, or damaged? And I heard of this "pandora battery" cost money. Is this true? Do I HAVE to pay money to downgrade and do things like that? I also heard that it could it could unbrick your psp. If this is true, then this is interesting. So If I say, dropped my psp during the downgrading/upgrading process, I could recover it with the battery?

SSaxdude
January 9th, 2008, 04:15
Yes, you should install customfirmware on your PSP. Homebrew is amazing and unlocks the potential of the PSP.

Any type of hack or homebrew does void the warranty. However, you don't have to worry about bricking your PSP since Pandora's Battery is an unbricker. Pandora's Battery is free, you just need to install it on a battery (from a phat PSP) using a homebrew compatible PSP. You can buy battery packs that already have it installed.

If you are cautious about hacking your PSP, you should learn more about it to have a better understanding of what you are doing. If you know somebody who is into PSP hacking, that would also help a lot.

Eviltaco64
January 9th, 2008, 04:25
Official Firmware is like locking a madcow in a box.

Custom Firmware is like letting that madcow go loose in the fields after giving it some speed (111 MHz Boost!!) for its emulat....or..s......??