PDA

View Full Version : Weird slowdown issue @ menus

deltathenoob
January 9th, 2008, 16:17
I've been having a wierd problem with my PSP for the past few days now. I'm running the latest Dark-Alex Firmware (3.71 M33-4).

When I turn my PSP on, everything starts out fine. It all runs smoothly, and if i run a game during the 10 seconds or so that the PSP is apparantly working, the game will run flawlessly for an indefinite amount of time.

However, after around 10 seconds, the screen distorts for a split second, and after that, the PSP runs at around 5fps at best. options do not load when i highlight them, and it generally takes ages to do anything. I've got no idea what could've caused this, but really I just want rid of it so I can use it again :P

My first course of action would usually be to downgrade to 1.5 and go back up to 3.51 M33, but I was wondering if this is a well-known issue and if there's any more information on it anywhere?

Also, if anyone has any better idea than downgrading, I'd appreciate the input :)

Thanks!

mike_jmg
January 10th, 2008, 05:12
Try formating flash1 from recovery, it solved a problem I had with a friends psp slim I put custom firmware in (the damn thing wouldn't go into the xmb and formating flash1 solved it)

deltathenoob
January 10th, 2008, 18:46
that fixed it nicely :) thanks a lot

Razer126
December 10th, 2008, 00:11
Hi i just signed up just a few minutes ago. My psp has 4.01 M33-2 firmware and it works fine for like 10 seconds, but then the screen jumps and it is all slow. I need to know how to fix it . So can someone give me some instuctions on how to fix it. I have been to the recovery menu but i hardly understand what the heck most of it means so if someone could e mail me at [email protected] and tell me how to fix it without bricking my psp that would be cool thanks
RAZER

PS. it is also a fat psp (Firmware 4.01 M33-2)