PDA

View Full Version : Destroyed ds???

gronne
January 9th, 2008, 15:40
My DS appears to be broken beyond repair!
I was trying to run some homebrew I had just downloaded, and first the ds started, yet it claimed it couldn't find the SD-card. So I tried to check if I had done something wrong with the SD, but I hadn't so I reinserted it and booted up the ds, and once again it claimed it couldn't find it... but w/o doing anytjing more I just rebooted it, and it didn't work at all. It doesn't start at all anymore, I have NO idea what's wrong.

If I insert the charger it lights orange for one second and that's it... that's all life I can find in it. I don't have any warranty, so I can't fix it either.. recommendations please!!!

ButterBeer121
January 12th, 2008, 13:22
Witch homebrew game were you trying to play? There are some that will brick your DS.

wiggy fuzz
January 12th, 2008, 15:33
a best case senario is that your ds is fully charged and it's just the power button that's on the fritz. there might just have been dust in your cart loader.

a worst case senario is you downlaoded a ds bricker porgram, one of which was apparently disguised as a hentai slideshow, and had your firmware erased

a very very worsed case senario is that you've shorted out something in the console

an apocalyptic senario is where a giant ds comes hurtling through the atmosphere and causes the mass extinction of 99% of all species on earth

try taking out the battery and butting it back in, see if that yields any results