PDA

View Full Version : Playing Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem, and Heretic.

AKB
July 28th, 2005, 23:08
OK i got Doom for my psp, i know how to play other games such as quake and duke nukem, but, i have to change the name to doom2.wad and not be able to play doom. Is there a way where i can place Doom, Quake, Heretic, and Duke nukem from picking it on the psp from difrent wad picks? i dont know how to explain this well but i trying to say, how do i play all these games off the psp by picking the game, like a emualtor game fodler.

bla, i must of not explained clearly but ill give it a go.

parabolee
July 29th, 2005, 00:30
There was a WAD selector but it was for an older version. Wait for the next release, it will probably have a WAD selector built in.

bill00000
August 6th, 2005, 02:26
The eboot.pbp is only like 397 bytes, so just put multiple copies on your PSP. I'm pretty sure the newest ver doesn't require a specific folder. You should be able to use Sei's psp tool to make different images to tell between them.

Froggy
August 28th, 2005, 09:18
just wondering where to find the Duke Nukem 3D PSP that you speak of.?

Thadd-Tastic
September 29th, 2005, 06:17
yea im curiouse to know of where i might beable to aquire Dunk Nukem for the psp...but doom,quake,and heretic i own so....plz give a brotha a hint...or a download link :)

giorgio2607
May 1st, 2006, 01:00
I am literally so lost in the psp world. I only use it to play the games you buy on umd. I'm under the impression it does so much more. I just wanna play duke nukem on it. Is this possible. If so how. Any takers???

Help would be much appreciated...

Giorgio

Cooe14
May 1st, 2006, 01:24
I am literally so lost in the psp world. I only use it to play the games you buy on umd. I'm under the impression it does so much more. I just wanna play duke nukem on it. Is this possible. If so how. Any takers???

Help would be much appreciated...

Giorgio
Ok let's start with the basics. What firmware do you have?

giorgio2607
May 1st, 2006, 09:47
Right i hear this firmware speak but im not sure exactly which one i have. I can tell you i bought my psp this january gone (2006) in the UK. If i look at the system details it says "System Software version 2.60". Hope this helps???

Xfacter
May 2nd, 2006, 00:03
Right i hear this firmware speak but im not sure exactly which one i have. I can tell you i bought my psp this january gone (2006) in the UK. If i look at the system details it says "System Software version 2.60". Hope this helps???

Do you own the original Duke3D?

If so:
1. Download this: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2844
2. Install your original D3D.
3. Put DUKE3D.GRP from the install folder into the eboot folder.

If not:
1. Download the above file.
2. Download Duke3D shareware, install.
3. Put DUKE3D.GRP from that into the eboot folder.

This is all assuming you have the eLoader, which I'm guessing you don't. If not, I would suggest finding the Windows installer and learning how to use it. Just ask if you need more help.

audi080
May 5th, 2006, 11:49
hey i've got duke nukem up and runnning, but as soon as i pass level one an error comes up saying it cant find map 2????

coo
May 28th, 2006, 13:55
that's because the shareware version only has level 1 in it

Shadowblind
May 28th, 2006, 14:09
strange thing with the duke nukem wad and the Duke Nukem PSP: its not shareware. Or at least its not supposed to be. It freezes my screen usually far before I get anywhere near level 2.

coo
May 28th, 2006, 17:17
could you post the wad so i can test it/ see what you mean?

Be3f
June 2nd, 2006, 10:08
Is there the way to run Heretic & Hexen WADs on PSP-DOOM 0.5+? I tried different ways, merged wads with DOOM2.WAD, but don't work! :(
PSP Hexen & Heretic ports are dead for about a year...

godofwar77
May 13th, 2007, 06:19
go to http://www.pspiso.com/ and scoll down to "PSX EBOOT SECTION" and you can download psx games , alresdy ripped and ready to play on a 3.XX-OE-X psp, all you have to do is download them!!!! beware, some games are 880MB

parkermauney
May 13th, 2007, 08:24
Dude, that's a kickass site, but be careful. Too much iso talk will get you banned.