PDA

View Full Version : Text readers

shadowprophet
July 28th, 2005, 23:41
I dont know about you guys. But I really get into reading every once and a while.
Ive tried every text reader out there, I think Cn reader is the best right now.
But my question is why is it so complicated to make a perfectly working text reader?! I mean its not liike the text reader has to do all that many functions like an EMU? so why cant a simple text reader just be made thats almost flawless?

Hold up I know there are many of you that want to answer that question, But keep in mind its not a 3d demo or cutting edge homebrew its a text reader:p
come on its not rocket science:D
I like CN reader as the best text reader, but still it has problems of hanging up,
The very first released text reader for the psp was very stable for me, except it was no frils just black and white text. Surely The gp32 has a flawless text reader? Couldnt somone port it over or somthing? Ive got so many text files that I enjoy reading. Its a shame somtimes I am pulled away from my desire to finish reading a Book for when I bookmark it or switch to a second part to a file it locks up on me And then gives me problems loading it again.
I cant wait till future text readers come out, I'll try them all. But what I really cant wait for is the day a perfect text reader will surface.

parabolee
July 29th, 2005, 00:41
The Tenshi web browser works great as a text reader. You can store text files on the PSP or on the net to read from it. I havn't tried any really large files though.

Romshark
July 29th, 2005, 01:40
Reading books on portable devices is something I do like to do a lot, since I got my flash card for my GBA years ago. I started with the built-in text reader in Pogoshell, then got the bookreader program from www.bookreader.co.uk . I would like to see a good program for the PSP for reading the stories I copied off of Fanfiction.net, and I also use CN reader. There's only a few things I'd like to see changed in CN Reader:
-proper spacing (words don't wrap around to the next line)
-Character display fix (japanese characters apprear instead of English characters in some places.)
-Chapter skip (and volume skip in some places) (similar to bookreader on the GBA.

Other than that, it's good for reading a fanfic, or going over my source code during my break at work.

shadowprophet
July 29th, 2005, 05:56
The Tenshi web browser works great as a text reader. You can store text files on the PSP or on the net to read from it. I havn't tried any really large files though.

Hate to sound like a noob. but where do I aquire this tenshi web browser from parabolee?

PSP_Newbie
July 29th, 2005, 06:53
well, u cant get it here, some legal issue or other, jsut search the internet, you'll find it^^

shadowprophet
July 29th, 2005, 07:27
well, u cant get it here, some legal issue or other, jsut search the internet, you'll find it^^

:cool:

shadowprophet
July 31st, 2005, 06:19
The new cn reader with mp3 support that came out today is pretty kewl.
Nothing new as far as the bad word wraping or lockup support.
But try reading radical dreamers fanfic with some nice chrono cross music, Very nifty indeed ;)