PDA

View Full Version : if someone stole your psp....

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 02:40
and it had a whole bunch of illegal homebrew stuff on it, what would you do?
this is kind of a serious question.

JcBoyCool
July 29th, 2005, 02:58
I would kick their ass and take it back. And im serious. I hate when my stuff is stolen or taken. It drives me mad.

trew01
July 29th, 2005, 03:00
i would be pissed and wouldnt really care that homebrew and emulation were on it. what are you implying by serrious? are you saying that you could be arrested for having pirated stuff on your psp if someone turned you in? naaaa not going to happen.
even if mine was stolen id just save up and buy another one and pray its a 1.50 :P. oh and if you were implying that i would be arrested if they turned me in they would need proof and since it was stolen from me then they couldnt do squat because it would have to of been a search warrent and taken by an authority.

anyway yeah i would be mad and probably freak out for a couple weeks lol. then id get over it and buy another one.

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 03:01
i would be pissed and wouldnt really care that homebrew and emulation were on it. what are you implying by serrious? are you saying that you could be arrested for having pirated stuff on your psp if someone turned you in? naaaa not going to happen.
even if mine was stolen id just save up and buy another one and pray its a 1.50 :P. oh and if you were implying that i would be arrested if they turned me in they would need proof and since it was stolen from me then they couldnt do squat because it would have to of been a search warrent and taken by an authority.

anyway yeah i would be mad and probably freak out for a couple weeks lol. then id get over it and buy another one.

it kinda worked the other way than what your saying.

trew01
July 29th, 2005, 03:18
oh you mean if they stole it and i wasted all that time putting all that homebrew and emulation on it? then lost it because of them stealing it?

lol sorry kinda confused.

®eddragon
July 29th, 2005, 03:26
call the cops if you know who did it. Comeon you brought it and you have all the rights to get it back. Or if you don't know then you are screwed. But best option is to call the cops if it gets to serious.

The cops don't know **** about a PSP. So you need to describe it the best you can. Or print a pic lol. Oh and before they go hunting for it. TELL them that you have a Name in it. Or some kind of thing you know that the other person who stoled it doesn't know. :D

And they won't know about homebrew. They are cops for one thing. Its to advance for them.

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 03:36
call the cops if you know who did it. Comeon you brought it and you have all the rights to get it back. Or if you don't know then you are screwed. But best option is to call the cops if it gets to serious.

The cops don't know **** about a PSP. So you need to describe it the best you can. Or print a pic lol. Oh and before they go hunting for it. TELL them that you have a Name in it. Or some kind of thing you know that the other person who stoled it doesn't know. :D

And they won't know about homebrew. They are cops for one thing. Its to advance for them.

once again, it's backwards.
my psp wasn't stolen

RabidPuppi
July 29th, 2005, 03:37
thats retarded whoever said the cops wouldnt know **** about homebrew on your psp is right, and even if they did you could say the guy who stole it put it on... the real tragedy would be if someone stole it and updated to 2.0 before you shot him in the face

o0sambo0o81
July 29th, 2005, 04:06
Why would someone who has stolen a psp take it to the cops to show them the illegal homebrew? If you possess stolen goods, the last place you want to be at is a police station let alone near cops.

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 04:08
ok, here's my complete point:
A friend of mine borrowed a psp, then took it on a trip and left it at the hotel he stayed in. unfortunatly, he stayed at a place that was 400 some miles away, and he didn't relieve he left it untill i asked him if i could have it back.
the next day, i went to his house and saw a psp on a table.
there is no way he could afford a psp, no way.
since it was unusual, i said i'd go to toilet room (we all have to), instead i went to where to psp was. (it's in a different room). I looked under system settings, nickname

it was the same nickname as mine (Xuphor) what a shocker.
now I KNOW it's mine. but he's just saying he bought it.
what the hell shoudl i do?
I have 2 other psp's, should I just say he can keep it?
or should i demand it back, or take legal action against him?

3elevenX
July 29th, 2005, 04:47
First off this jack ass is obviously not a friend. I'd take your PSP back, tell him he's an asshole for lying and trying to cheat you out of your PSP, then tell him to never call you again.

Cross
July 29th, 2005, 04:48
wait so u had 3 psps??? Ok if you feel u want to offer one away and its 1.5 offer it to someone here in trade. There is no way in hell you should let him keep it, Stealing is stealing. If he had admitted it I would have been more simp. but still no way if you like to hand out 250 I can use a hand out.

I personally feel you should get the records of purchase and check the serial numbers on them, by pass him and take it to his parents. They know if he had 250 and show them the records. he should have replaced the one he lost of yours even if he did buy one. Tell them what you know and show them if you still can (provided he has not changed it). The right thing to do is not always the easiest but if he can steal a 250.00 PSP that shows what he thinks of you as a friend, and if he can steal a 250 psp and get away with it....whats next?

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 04:50
First off this jack ass is obviously not a friend. I'd take your PSP back, tell him he's an asshole for lying and trying to cheat you out of your PSP, then tell him to never call you again.
never call me again?

if i take it, there's a problem.
as i said, he says he bought it with own money.
his parents don't know how much he earns, or steals, or buys.
he told his parents he bought it with his own money also, so if i take it, his parents will think i'm stealing from him.

3elevenX
July 29th, 2005, 04:53
Yes, take it back. He's not going to come gunning for you if you take back your PSP that he stole from you. Like cross said just be sure to tell him that your going ot check serial numbers and such to see if that is indeed your PSP.

Sounds to me like he screwed you over, why would he name his PSP after your Nickname?

Your damn right I'd tell him to never call me again! Why would you want to hang out again with some jerk off who lies and steals from you?

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 05:00
Yes, take it back. He's not going to come gunning for you if you take back your PSP that he stole from you. Like cross said just be sure to tell him that your going ot check serial numbers and such to see if that is indeed your PSP.

Sounds to me like he screwed you over, why would he name his PSP after your Nickname?

Your damn right I'd tell him to never call me again! Why would you want to hang out again with some jerk off who lies and steals from you?

i don't think we even know each other's phone numbers. it's all aim.

but i'm mainly afraid of what his parents would say to my parents

o2byzst
July 29th, 2005, 05:02
I gotta put in my two cents cause if someone stole my PSP, I'd be beyond pissed! Especially since your chances of getting a 1.50 are slim to none. Cross has the best point about the serial numbers cause even if he scratched off the serial number, he's caught. I mean seriously, who spends $250 then scratches off part of the system? Even if he has gone that route and removed the serial number, show the nickname of the system and then call him on it. As for bringing in the parents, that's kinda iffy cause the parents might not care at all. So what that their kid is stealing from his friends, who cares? At least that's what they might say.

I wouldn't be worried about any legal action against YOU. I mean, it will be his word against yours without the serial numbers or proof of purchase. Still, I wouldn't want anything to do with this kid if he took your PSP and lied to you about it. I'd probably beat the crap out of him whether I got the PSP back again or not. That would be the only legal action I'd be concerned about.

o0sambo0o81
July 29th, 2005, 05:09
Did you check to see what apps he had on the memory stick, cuz if they are the same as yours i think its a little more than a coincidence.

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 05:13
Did you check to see what apps he had on the memory stick, cuz if they are the same as yours i think its a little more than a coincidence.
uh-huh, they're the same
forgot to mention that
they also have the EXACT same save states as mine did

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 05:15
I'd probably beat the crap out of him whether I got the PSP back again or not. That would be the only legal action I'd be concerned about.

we've been friends since the 4th grade
he borowed my gbc when it first came out also, he stole it.
but then a long time later he gave me a brand new gba the first day they came out. how he afforded it i don't know (he probly stole it from someone else)

shadowprophet
July 29th, 2005, 05:36
lol easy question,if it was stolen from me and it had all my homebrew on it. I would just claim it wasnt that way before it was stolen, send that guy up the river and get my psp back.

But then again. I have close friends that if they lost my psp or even stole it from me out right. I wouldnt turn them in either. It may sound stupid. But when a guy Pulls you out of some of the messes ive been in, Giveing them a psp would only be a small part of what I feel I truely owe them.

Some people may not understand that above statement. Maybe If your lucky you will never have too.

SnapeGrass
July 29th, 2005, 06:04
but then a long time later he gave me a brand new gba the first day they came out. how he afforded it i don't know (he probly stole it from someone else)

If you have been friends that long then obviously your on crack dude...He stole your gameboy color...you did nothing knowing it was obviously yours. Then gives you a GBA that I would put money on that he stole, considering your story so far. Now he has your awesome psp which is 250 dollars and your not gonna take it back. I have had the same shit happen to me bro all you gotta do is take it back and if he says ANYTHING tell him to show his parents the box that he bought it in and the receipt for it. Then pop out your box then pop out your receipt then let it end there.

Funny thing is my friend was a 4th grade friend...ever since i got my gameboy back I havn't talked to him since. Good Ridence what kinda friend is that. :(

If your gonna do anything though make sure you just dont give up.

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 06:28
If you have been friends that long then obviously your on crack dude...He stole your gameboy color...you did nothing knowing it was obviously yours. Then gives you a GBA that I would put money on that he stole, considering your story so far. Now he has your awesome psp which is 250 dollars and your not gonna take it back. I have had the same shit happen to me bro all you gotta do is take it back and if he says ANYTHING tell him to show his parents the box that he bought it in and the receipt for it. Then pop out your box then pop out your receipt then let it end there.

Funny thing is my friend was a 4th grade friend...ever since i got my gameboy back I havn't talked to him since. Good Ridence what kinda friend is that. :(

If your gonna do anything though make sure you just dont give up.

i never said i won't get it back
my rep on this site is unusual, and i know how to get it back without him even knowing it's missing.

well, i'ts 3am here, cya'll tommorow

Plude220
July 29th, 2005, 07:13
As most of you know most of the emulators and games for the psp dont really have good backgrounds and music so I brewed up some for yall try em out and tell me what you think.

O yea these are for 1.5 psps allready kxploited just drag them in your game directory. :D

Fetty
July 29th, 2005, 07:22
id take the psp and let him try ta say something

@snapegrass
you wouldnt happen to be named brett would you?

shadowprophet
July 29th, 2005, 07:24
As most of you know most of the emulators and games for the psp dont really have good backgrounds and music so I brewed up some for yall try em out and tell me what you think.

O yea these are for 1.5 psps allready kxploited just drag them in your game directory. :D
But which version of chess and doom is that ? :confused:
Just wondering I dont want downgrade to an older verson :p

PSP_Newbie
July 29th, 2005, 07:35
if u copy the eboot from the % folder(as long as the folders are named the same) to your current % folder and u dont need to touch the actually game folder
oh, and not to take attention away from you plude220, but for more backgrounds and music, etc for your emulators(even animated icons for some) go to http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7959&page=1

PSP_Newbie
July 29th, 2005, 07:37
and back on topic, i would take the psp back and ask him wtf he was doing stealing it, and that u confirmed the serial number, psp nickname, content, and that its definately yours
he doesnt have a right to steal anythign of yours, let alone something worth $250

RedKing14CA
July 29th, 2005, 08:36
dude, i would talk to him about it, be like"dude, we've been friends since the fourht grade, and now you've gone and stolen my psp..., i cant beleive you dude, i know its mine, i can show you its mine, and you know its mine, you could have just ASKED me if you could ahve it or buy it..." and if it were ME and i had 3 psp's i would give it to him....

however I dont have 3 psp's, i have one, the last time it was stolen i started hyperventaliating and raising my voice, and i turned red, and after half an hour of freaking out it turned out to be a prank...

edit- and if a friend of mine stole my one and only version 1.5 psp, i would tell his parents (after beating him down, if possible), and take it back...

edit- and xuphorz im downloading your rpg.. and im going to bed, night all!

Bloodsack
July 29th, 2005, 09:51

lol...no offence ,but that was lame music on the neocd emu with backrounds I used..lol......It doesn't fit at all.

too each their own I guess?

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 10:31
xuphorz man. Show some spine.I think i'm about your age and seriously. The first thing you do is put the psp in your pocket and take it back to your house. Thats the right thing to do. Then you have a serious choice to make: What to do about him.

I can see you don't want to beat him up.
Now you've taken the psp back before hand otherwise he might not give it back or hide it from you making it imposible what ever happens. IT's obviously yours, same version game saves and homebrew, serial no. is still there to match with the box yea?

Now you can say to him i know you stole my psp. I took it back and you won't be borrowing anything from me again. Maybe you forgive him, and remain friends if he is apollogetic but still never let him borrow from you. If he lies and asks for it back just tell him no. He has no proof that its his and you do. Tell your parents first if you feel safer but straight after you have it. This way they can't talk you out of stealing it. ( my parents would probably tell me to beat the sh1t out of him which i would have done straight away anyway). They know you have three psps already yes.

Do not worry about the law. I don't think the cops are going to get involved with 15 years olds stealing each others psps. It's kindergarden stuff. Your parents should back you up if he tells his parents, but obviously he wont and if he does this guy has never and never can be again your friend. For gods sake don't let it lay, if he thinks he can get away with it he will steal from you again and again. You get in there while the going is good, i'm sure you've experienced warezing before if you get me. (don't edit that im making a point and i do not speak for these forums).

The homebrew doesn't matter i don't think they'll sue you for that. At the end of the day delete the illegal stuff when you get it back and leave the emus, they help your case as you say it's yours.

You lose a friend but get a psp, he was never your friend in the first place.

Or you use plan B: Take the psp and don't confront him. This will make you feel less akward. Don't talk to him or be friends anymore unless he comes to you and appologises. He wont know you took it because you wont tell him or anyone else. This way even if the law does become involved it your word against his: You never lent him the psp in the first place, it never left you, After all you have proof that it is yours and he has his word. You said his parent didn't know what he gets so they can't back him up. If he sues you and you win he gets done in and you sue his poor pikey familly for your court compensation.

I hope you read all of that and use it but the moral of it is : Take first ask questions later. Other wise he has a psp and you lose a rare 1.50.

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 10:52
btw the way i seriously doubt he went on a trip. did yo know about this trip or did he say i'm going on a trip can i borrow your psp. He probably just asked for it and got it. his really showing you up here i wouldn't have this if i were you. You seriously need that back before he pawns it on. Think about it, would you keep a psp that someone is going to take or would you pawn it in for its value as a 1.50 and then buy a new one with proof of purchase, or get someting else. Trade it with a nother friend maybe. Think about it. Your time is ticking.

Was this the same guy who got you banned from all of you favourite forums by dising everyone in your name by anychance. Doesn't take a detective (me) to figure this all out. Own this n00b fast before he pwns you.

You must read my big post xuphorz it's critical to your sucess in retrieving the psp. It will change your view and make you understand unlike a lot of the personal stories and opinions (which gave me much intrest whilsyt reading) it lays out a strategy for you. Use it now whilst you have time. This will be one of the things you look back on and regret if you don't do it. ive had experiences like this and if i didn't act i would seriously regret that now.

ashley_90
July 29th, 2005, 12:18
I would kick his ass and burn his house down.

End of.

shadowprophet
July 29th, 2005, 12:52
The old brutality and arson method. Yeah that could work too if you wanted to go to jail I suppose :cool:

If anything else just visit the friend I have a friend that used to rob me blind. I would just go to his house and steal it back usualy in the guise of comeing over to play a new game I rented or whotnot.

Plude220
July 29th, 2005, 13:43
The emulators are all the latest versions I keep up to date.

Xarius
July 29th, 2005, 15:35
If he's so certain he purchased this PSP, ask him to generate a reciept. If he is stupid enough to purchase a $250 piece of hardware and not keep the reciept, how about the box? The accompanying headphones? The little white strap that comes with it? The user's manual? You don't buy a psp, take out the system, and throw the entire contents of the box away as soon as you purchase it.

As for his parents talking to you / your parents, the evidence is all on your side bro. Take it back and have a man to man with your "friend". Tell him about why you're friends with him in the first place and let him know if he's gonna pull this kind of shit he won't be borrowing your stuff anymore.

BlackxKnight
July 29th, 2005, 15:35
Its yours take it back.

Are you sure he didnt just borrow it without asking because he knew you had 3 of them? and the whole story about leaving it in the hotel was just him messing with you.....idk if i borrow somthing from a buddy somtimes ill make up a story that its boken just to see them sweat a little....and they do it to me....idk maybe its just me and my friends.

it seems like your pretty cool with the kid and it just seems od that if youve known him since the 4th grade he would just steal stuff from u and not pay u back.....hey maybe youll have a PS3 on your doorstep the day it comes out from that kid LOL. maybe him stealing it is an investment like that GBC

SnapeGrass
July 29th, 2005, 16:23
@snapegrass
you wouldnt happen to be named brett would you?

Nope real names steve lol

But neway yeah get your psp back :-D

Cross
July 29th, 2005, 17:32

Look I know everyone is tell you the same thing, maybe if your worried about your parents you should tell them what he did first so they know and like I said bring out the records of purchase for everything. He will not be able to do so.

Now I am going to lay a very hard truth on you, he did not give you a GBA he bought, I can tell you that because I had a friend like this, the reason you got that GBA is because he stole it from someone else who found out he had it and was comming after him. If he gave it to you then he no longer had it and was clear.

Now you need to STOP right here and see the morality of this, this guy is a stealer and has been getting more and more agressive with what he steals. he steals from you constantly and he is friends with you no doubt because he knows you get things he can take. You need to stop him because of 2 reasons, the obvious is that its wrong but the second is that if you truely care for him as a friend, he is going to do this to the wrong person and they are going to put him in jail or worse, they are going to kill/hurt him badly. Look at everyone's reactions here, you can see that much to be true.

You need to stop this, he needs to be caught so that hopefully he will stop, its the only way.

This is EXACTLY what you should do:
1)Get your purchase record for that PSP, Get the box and everything that comes with it. (Head phones, I mean everything)

2) Tell your parents everything, make sure you let them know what has happened. Just tell them you are going to g o get it back but do not let ANYONE else know. You do not want him giving it away because you are coming after him.

3) Take everything with you, you can even tyake your parents if it helps, and go over there. (Me personally I would go alone as a friend, swipe the PSP (YOUR NOT STEALING READ THE REST!) Then go straight home and COME BACK with YOUR PARENTS and all the above stuff. Let his parents know what happened and show them the reciets and box it came in. Show them everything it came with and tell them you can prove its yours with the serial number, the Nickname and the purchase record. Also in the case he removed them, use the box as evidence. Ask him what came in the box and where the assesorys are (Head Phones, Controller for the Head Phones, The Demo Disc, The Cleaning Cloth, The Strap, everything esp if you bought a bigger Memory card show that to and ask where the original is and how he transfered data to it if he does not have the usb cable) He did not buy it so he is going to try and make an excuse as to why he has it.

4) If your still having problems tell his parents about the PSP you let him borrow (remember your parents are there you are safe) and that he forgot it, then tell them he should have replaced it if he bought a new one, again show the record of purchase and show the 250.00 price tag. Show them everything, they will not be able to say much, I promise the cops would never arrest you for anything like thing you have proof he does not and you have him admitting he took ur PSP and lost it. (his parents will remember him having one on the trip, parents remember when their children are quite on trips and when they are easier to handle/give them time to them selves lol trust me its something they lose as soon as they have them, I'm a dad I know this).

I would be 100% happy to help you do this if you were in Tucson, AZ I would help you every step of the way.

I am not sure of what u mean by your rep here but honestly I only see u as someone who cares about the system. LOL Ur the other HELP EVERYON person lol. If you want to talk to someone who has been through these things, give me a call. (PM me I will send u my cell number or if you want to Yahoo Chat or anything) I know how it feels and i know there are probably things you have kept to yourself. I understand and will do nothing but help you. But you have got to stand for something, people will seem like the nicest person you have ever known, etc but if they have another agenda thats all they will be thinking about. You have to be careful. I have had quite a few things blow up in my face because I try to help friends, it does not mean you stop trying but it does mean you walk away, they are not your friend and thats not why they are around you. You are a tool, a use to them, nothing more.

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 17:55
Xuphorz read these huge advice posts. They maybe meaty but i think we all want to see you get your 3rd psp back. In the big ones the origin is always the same. Take it first before he knows. This way he can't run or hide the psp. You will always have the upper hand this way. Tell your parents before or immeadiatly after so they can back you up, after only if they might not want you to take it first without him knowing, this depends how much you want it to get emotional/personal if they comewith you and try to get it back politley. i personaly would get it back for sure before i bring the emotions into it as he is/was your friend.

Good luck man, tell us more about your prefrences and we can help you get it.Remeber there will be no cops full stop, unless you kill him or something stupid.

o0sambo0o81
July 29th, 2005, 18:07
OMG, How will this end? Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion of "If someone stole your PSP"

RedKing14CA
July 29th, 2005, 18:08
Look I know everyone is tell you the same thing, maybe if your worried about your parents you should tell them what he did first so they know and like I said bring out the records of purchase for everything. He will not be able to do so.

Now I am going to lay a very hard truth on you, he did not give you a GBA he bought, I can tell you that because I had a friend like this, the reason you got that GBA is because he stole it from someone else who found out he had it and was comming after him. If he gave it to you then he no longer had it and was clear.

Now you need to STOP right here and see the morality of this, this guy is a stealer and has been getting more and more agressive with what he steals. he steals from you constantly and he is friends with you no doubt because he knows you get things he can take. You need to stop him because of 2 reasons, the obvious is that its wrong but the second is that if you truely care for him as a friend, he is going to do this to the wrong person and they are going to put him in jail or worse, they are going to kill/hurt him badly. Look at everyone's reactions here, you can see that much to be true.

You need to stop this, he needs to be caught so that hopefully he will stop, its the only way.

This is EXACTLY what you should do:
1)Get your purchase record for that PSP, Get the box and everything that comes with it. (Head phones, I mean everything)

2) Tell your parents everything, make sure you let them know what has happened. Just tell them you are going to g o get it back but do not let ANYONE else know. You do not want him giving it away because you are coming after him.

3) Take everything with you, you can even tyake your parents if it helps, and go over there. (Me personally I would go alone as a friend, swipe the PSP (YOUR NOT STEALING READ THE REST!) Then go straight home and COME BACK with YOUR PARENTS and all the above stuff. Let his parents know what happened and show them the reciets and box it came in. Show them everything it came with and tell them you can prove its yours with the serial number, the Nickname and the purchase record. Also in the case he removed them, use the box as evidence. Ask him what came in the box and where the assesorys are (Head Phones, Controller for the Head Phones, The Demo Disc, The Cleaning Cloth, The Strap, everything esp if you bought a bigger Memory card show that to and ask where the original is and how he transfered data to it if he does not have the usb cable) He did not buy it so he is going to try and make an excuse as to why he has it.

4) If your still having problems tell his parents about the PSP you let him borrow (remember your parents are there you are safe) and that he forgot it, then tell them he should have replaced it if he bought a new one, again show the record of purchase and show the 250.00 price tag. Show them everything, they will not be able to say much, I promise the cops would never arrest you for anything like thing you have proof he does not and you have him admitting he took ur PSP and lost it. (his parents will remember him having one on the trip, parents remember when their children are quite on trips and when they are easier to handle/give them time to them selves lol trust me its something they lose as soon as they have them, I'm a dad I know this).

I would be 100% happy to help you do this if you were in Tucson, AZ I would help you every step of the way.

I am not sure of what u mean by your rep here but honestly I only see u as someone who cares about the system. LOL Ur the other HELP EVERYON person lol. If you want to talk to someone who has been through these things, give me a call. (PM me I will send u my cell number or if you want to Yahoo Chat or anything) I know how it feels and i know there are probably things you have kept to yourself. I understand and will do nothing but help you. But you have got to stand for something, people will seem like the nicest person you have ever known, etc but if they have another agenda thats all they will be thinking about. You have to be careful. I have had quite a few things blow up in my face because I try to help friends, it does not mean you stop trying but it does mean you walk away, they are not your friend and thats not why they are around you. You are a tool, a use to them, nothing more.

its theif, not "stealer" :p

and if he took it back, and THEN showed all the proofs of purchase and the nickname then they would just think he stole it witht he box, and changed the nickname!!!! :(

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 18:11
@ shizzle - yes, i know for a fact he went on a trip

@ everyone who thinks i should beat him - good idea

RedKing14CA
July 29th, 2005, 18:14
@ shizzle - yes, i know for a fact he went on a trip

@ everyone who thinks i should beat him - good idea

@xuphorz - i never said you should beat him!

@everyone - violence isnt always the awnser, just 90% of the time or so... ;)

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 18:20
xuphor how are u planin to do this, mine and cross' way or beat him. they won't think you went to all of that touble if it has your bank details on it... even cash just ask him aproximatley how long ago he bought it... he'll stay a few weeks.

btw did you read all of this, i recomend highley that you do.

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 18:24
xuphor how are u planin to do this, mine and cross' way or beat him. they won't think you went to all of that touble if it has your bank details on it... even cash just ask him aproximatley how long ago he bought it... he'll stay a few weeks.

btw did you read all of this, i recomend highley that you do.

yes i read all of everything
i think i'l just go with the reciept/serial number idea

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 18:42
You must take the psp first and then prove it. Make his familly come to you if they think it's his, they won't and tell him that you have proof if he wants his parents to make sure. If you show him first he can say no, then unless -you get messy you ain't getting that psp back.

geise69
July 29th, 2005, 19:47
I wouldn't tell your parents about it till you get your psp back. Get your psp back first then tell them the situation. Sometimes parents tend to freak out and make the situation worse than it needs to be. Just take your psp back without him knowing. He'll know it's gone pretty quick i'm sure. I doubt he'll say anything to you. If you want after you get it back you can bring up everything, but sometimes confrontation can just get bad. I'd wait till he says something. Let him open the can of worms first. Then you can have your chance to tell him what's up, how shitty of a so called friend he is, if he wanted a psp you could've helped him out if he would've just asked. Think about how long he's been doing this to you. Friends since 4th grade you say? Doesn't sound like he's really been a friend man. Just make sure you get it without him knowing. Make him come forward, chances are he's not going to say a word since he took it in the first place.

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 19:53
that's probablythe best one. Similar to what i would have done.

look at him, little bit wee, little bit woo, 'es a geezzzzaaaa. n'aht a mean.

RedKing14CA
July 29th, 2005, 20:05
look at him, little bit wee, little bit woo, 'es a geezzzzaaaa. n'aht a mean.

im but a little bit show...

but a little bit shame..

but little bit, im just the meaning of pi! just the meaning of pi! just the meaning of pi!!!

seriosuly waht does this mean?

look at him, little bit wee, little bit woo, 'es a geezzzzaaaa. n'aht a mean. :confused:

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 20:08
it's an english thing.

LOL! any brits get this???

Cross
July 29th, 2005, 21:34
where oh where did this topic go, lol.

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 21:37
i dunno but it's been top of my list allday, just what we needed in the lack of updates.

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 21:43
just got back from his house, with the psp.
now let's see when he notices.....

o0sambo0o81
July 29th, 2005, 21:46
Good for you! I knew some big developments would occur today.

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 22:38
great, so we waitin for him to come to you, keep us posted :D

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 22:38
god we're like old women.

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 23:40
old women?

here's what now happened.
he called, wondering if i stole "his" psp.
i said i took mine back.
he hung up phone, and arrived at my house soon after, with his parents
he showed a reciept, which was obviously fake. (it said the psp was $49.99, no typo.)
his parents and my parents believed him. now, i am not allowed on the computer in 17 minutes now, for a long time (they didn't say how long). cause i "lied and stole". so, i won't be on my computer for a while. thanks a bunch guys.

Bloodsack
July 29th, 2005, 23:42
old women?

here's what now happened.
he called, wondering if i stole "his" psp.
i said i took mine back.
he hung up phone, and arrived at my house soon after, with his parents
he showed a reciept, which was obviously fake. (it said the psp was $49.99)
his parents and my parents believed him. now, i am not allowed on the computer in 17 minutes now. cause i "lied and stole". so, i won't be on my computer for a while. thanks a bunch guys.

lol!

God....I feel old!

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 23:45
thanks to most of you people's stupid ideas, i can't go on the computer until Sunday :( :mad:

Bloodsack
July 29th, 2005, 23:47
thanks to most of you people's stupid ideas, i can't go on the computer until Sunday :( :mad:

I didn't give you anything....I just think it's funny;)

xuphorz
July 29th, 2005, 23:49
I didn't give you anything....I just think it's funny;)
that's why i said "most"

now i can't talk anymore
sunday cya then

Bloodsack
July 29th, 2005, 23:57
that's why i said "most"

now i can't talk anymore
sunday cya then

sorry dude...

ohh....how I miss to be young.....Not!

AKB
July 29th, 2005, 23:58
i have the back up program so all i would need to do is buy a new psp, which is stil la big pain

PSP_Newbie
July 30th, 2005, 01:03
did u show em your receipt? the box? the serial number? that really sux man, thats so unfair, u really gotta explain it, cause thats total bs, if he even keeps lying to you after u got proof :(

o0sambo0o81
July 30th, 2005, 01:40
OMFG that really pisses me off that his parents dont believe him. Sorry dude (even though you cant see this becasue you arent on the computer) that really sucks

o0sambo0o81
July 30th, 2005, 02:11
We need to get some email addresses here xuphor's parents, and the thiefs parents, send some emails to them and explain the situation. together we can all save his psp from that little bastard.

geise69
July 30th, 2005, 02:11
One reason I said not to get the parents involved. They freak out over sh**! like both parents did. You really need to sit down with your parents after things calm down. Tell them the situation, how you let him borrow it, then he left it at a hotel!?. Right F*C*I** there he owes you a psp if you ask me. Then, somehow he buys a psp for himself? That's messed up. Show your parents this thread...actually that might be a bad idea, but stress to them that it is yours. Did the kids parents see him with it? They probably thought he bought it. Why didn't he just tell them that he borrowed it from you? That's cause he had the whole thing planned all along. BTW I'm not trying to sound mean here and I know this situation is total bull, but some people in this thread really feel for ya and are only trying to help. You started this thread cause you were looking for advice, we gave it. I'm sorry this happened to you but it's not our fault. I hope this crap works out.

shadowprophet
July 30th, 2005, 05:29
We need to get some email addresses here xuphor's parents, and the thiefs parents, send some emails to them and explain the situation. together we can all save his psp from that little bastard.

I dont think we need to get involved. This is somthing he has to work out on his own.
you cant fight peoples wars for them,o0sambo0o81, Its not that we shouldnt support him. Its just that when it comes time for him to act it has to be him that does this.

shizzle
July 30th, 2005, 08:51
God you didn't listen to us. You read our suggestions breifly. Sad thing but you need to secure your parents. Please don't tell me he got his psp back. Didn't you have the box/receipt. You didn't think this through and got owned is all i say.

thats deep prophet ;)

AKB
July 30th, 2005, 09:15
dont lose your psp , final

Eolair
July 30th, 2005, 15:10
Lol, don't have you a receipt on your own? Obviously if you have the receipt, box, the manuals, etc and he doesn't, then it shouldn't be so hard to prove you're the owner, right?

Xarius
July 30th, 2005, 17:14
Get your parents in the car, take them to the nearest Target, and show them the price of a psp.

Either that, or post yours/his parents' email addresses and everyone at this forum will spam them with links to buy a psp on amazon

xuphorz
July 31st, 2005, 19:07
i back.
and pissed off.
now my parents or my friends parents don't trust me, and my friend
steals. :mad:

oh, i also release a beta 2 of my rpg, download it if u want. (which i want everyone to download beta 2) :)

Cross
July 31st, 2005, 19:11
So what happened?

Cross
July 31st, 2005, 19:16
Wait he shows a record of purcahse for 50.00 did you not show urs, did you not point out the fact he took urs and lost it, did you not show what he did to yours?

Its not our fault u did not follow directions, you should have that psp back and u let that theif take it?! How the hell did you not show everythig and say hey I have all the proof this is mine, not his and its 250.00 not 50.00.

What the hell is wrong with ur parents?!!! What the hell is wrong with his parents to?!?!

stellarola
July 31st, 2005, 19:20
LOL, goddamn dude, you pussied out on that one. Did you just stand there while they jumped your shit? Stand up for yourself man, your parents just put fear into you, break away and talk to them and get your friggin PSP back! :cool:

Cross
July 31st, 2005, 19:21
God Damit I wish I was there to help u, I hate Thiefs and this one has gotten under my skin.

xuphorz
July 31st, 2005, 19:39
i can't do anything now.
as i said, they don't trust me at all now.
i showeed them the price of psp's all throught out town. my "friend" said that his was on special, so they believe him.
i've only got one other idea how to convince themn it's my psp. wish me luck with it.

shizzle
July 31st, 2005, 19:58
we will man. Seriously i would disown my parents if they did this to me. FFS THIS IS ANNOYING> BEAT THEM.

if you can't trust your parents who can you go to. this will lead to problems later if you don't sort this, and it will probably cause a rift between you and your familly.

AKB
July 31st, 2005, 19:59
i never trust my friends, only my family so, that would be a real big problem!

xuphorz
July 31st, 2005, 21:13
yes!
i did it
they now know it was my psp, and i got it back
boy, was my "friend" pissed off for correcting a goodly planned steal

o0sambo0o81
July 31st, 2005, 21:15
Success!

parabolee
July 31st, 2005, 21:18
So how did you finally get them to believe the truth?

The crazy thing is if my friend "lost" my PSP and then bought himslef one for real, I'd be like dude either you replace my PSP you lost or we aint friends anymore. Nevermind if he stole it!

xuphorz
July 31st, 2005, 21:23
So how did you finally get them to believe the truth?

easy
i snagged the reciept when he wasn't looking, went to the store with my parents to the store where it was "purchased", asked someone who worked in electronics in this has ever been the prica of a psp, and he said it hasn't
then he looked up the product on the reciept which was 49.99 using the number next to the FAKE "PSP SYSTEM" on the reciept, and found out the product which was 49.99 was actually God of War for PS2

shizzle
July 31st, 2005, 21:29
what did you parents say, are you still mad at them???

Bet that feels great.

xuphorz
July 31st, 2005, 21:33
what did you parents say, are you still mad at them???
no not really, to appologize, they're gonna buy me 5 psp games/videos
i can get them whenever i want. even one's not released yet, i'll just get them when they come out. (Untold Legends 2)

xuphorz
July 31st, 2005, 21:36
oh, did i ever mention that this is THE SAME GUY that got my original accoutn banned?

Cross
July 31st, 2005, 21:51
*JUMPS UP AND DOWN* HELL YES i LOVE TO SEE ASS HO... GET OWNED!!!

You did a great job!!!! I am glad you got it back and that you got your parents to wake up!!! What did his parents say I have to hear this it should be funny as hell.

shizzle
July 31st, 2005, 22:00
i'm the boss, need the info.

I asked before if that was the same guy, thought as much. Detective shizzle, cue sherlock holmes music.

IndianCheese
August 1st, 2005, 00:37
that guy must be a true asshole.

geise69
August 1st, 2005, 01:37
That's awsome you got your parents to believe you, but how in the hell did you get that receipt? Did you go over to his house? Just wondering. Congrats again!

Cross
August 1st, 2005, 02:08
I second this question

xuphorz
August 1st, 2005, 02:27
I second this question

i took it from him when he put it down at my house.
he didn't bother taking it back with him

WSOUNitePirate895
August 1st, 2005, 07:17
oh, did i ever mention that this is THE SAME GUY that got my original accoutn banned?

what a friend this guy is... there should be more of his kind..... I hate it when people act like complete losers :mad: Congrats getting your psp back

RedKing14CA
August 1st, 2005, 07:42
i hate the sin of lying, deceit..... theivery is just a form of it, kind of....

Omoikane
August 1st, 2005, 08:19
WOOOHOOOO!! congrats man. i feel like i just watched a really suspensful anime, and how the hero, though supossedly beaten, still has a will to prove his innocence and snags the reciept and wins his psp back from the evil skeletor. way to go He-Man!! :D

(s)ANIT
August 1st, 2005, 08:22
to be on topic, i would be so made if i lost my psp, to be untopic, why is this thread so danm not on topic.!

shizzle
August 1st, 2005, 09:09
what are you on anit, this is the topic, xuphorz losing his psp.

Cross
August 1st, 2005, 10:14
aint saint...I'm not going to say it, lol

chronoswing
August 1st, 2005, 19:02
Nice job getting your psp back and proving your inonscence, I was worried for a while there that you were gonna get owned by this theif with his fake $50 reciept haha what a crock I wish I could of found the special he was talking about would of saved me $200. Anyways I am really curious how he did this, I'm assuming after he found out you took your psp back he made up some quick mock receipt with I suppose a receipt for god of war, scanned it, then did a quick photoshop edit on it. But how did he make it see like it was receipt paper, because printer paper is very rough while receipt paper is super thin. hmmm. I bet he feels like a moron for leaving that receipt at your house, I guess he didn't think you would actually go to the store. What did his perents say when you went over his house to prove it was yours? Even more what did he have to say? Did he try making some more excuses or did he fess up?

xuphorz
August 1st, 2005, 19:06
Nice job getting your psp back and proving your inonscence, I was worried for a while there that you were gonna get owned by this theif with his fake $50 reciept haha what a crock I wish I could of found the special he was talking about would of saved me $200. Anyways I am really curious how he did this, I'm assuming after he found out you took your psp back he made up some quick mock receipt with I suppose a receipt for god of war, scanned it, then did a quick photoshop edit on it. But how did he make it see like it was receipt paper, because printer paper is very rough while receipt paper is super thin. hmmm. I bet he feels like a moron for leaving that receipt at your house, I guess he didn't think you would actually go to the store. What did his perents say when you went over his house to prove it was yours? Even more what did he have to say? Did he try making some more excuses or did he fess up?

fessed up, and he has special reciept paper he buys from home depot.

shizzle
August 1st, 2005, 19:48
tell us more?

xuphorz
August 1st, 2005, 19:53
tell us more?

about what?
it seems pretty detailed to me

chronoswing
August 1st, 2005, 20:24
We just wanna know the itty gritty details, you still haven't told us how you approached his perents after your proved your innoscence to your perents.

BlackxKnight
August 1st, 2005, 20:27
Well I assume your still in school judging by how your parents were involved but what you should do is rather than just kicking his teeth in give him an atomic wedgie in the middle of the cafe in front of all his friends....I’m talking his drawers over his head!!!.....public humiliation is a much more potent recipe for revenge than physical violence....your parents really need mental evaluation if they were going to believe that a piece of hardware as new as the PSP would have an 80% off sale....pft wow some parents just baffle the mind.

He didn't update it to 2.0 did he?!?!?!

Omoikane
August 1st, 2005, 21:53
eh, parents have no idea whas goin on with the gaming industry.

Fetty
August 3rd, 2005, 11:51
they only no stuff when its disadvantageous to you... like when i got my ps2 my dad asked me where i got it i said i bought it he asked for how much and i said $50 but i really paid $150 and he decided to go check real annoying... but more on topic i wish my dad would ever do that to me... even if i did steal the psp he would say i didnt... and thats how parents should be... of course i guess your parents act differently because youre rich and they wouldnt care too much about the cost of a psp...

sparhawk
August 3rd, 2005, 22:58
Xuphorz, that is great news that you got your psp back. After reading all this though I can't help but notice that you must have very wealthy parents. You lucky punk. :p

shizzle
August 3rd, 2005, 23:06
why, just because he has three psps, i have only average wealth , same age and could easily afford to import 3 psps on my own back. Kids just splash out more these days.

xuphorz
August 3rd, 2005, 23:33
splash out more?
no, we're not rich, seriously
they just want to appologize.
and my parents only bought 1 of my psp's

WSOUNitePirate895
August 3rd, 2005, 23:39
Love the way you managed to get special receipt paper haha its like a movie, someone should make a flash movie about this.

aseddon130
August 4th, 2005, 01:32
simple, i would hunt them down, kill them then eat their balls for breakfast ... nobody is stealing this thing from me :)

RabidPuppi
August 4th, 2005, 05:32
i cant #@$%ing believe you talked about this for 12 pages... christ! im gonna come steal your other two psp's you $#@%ing pussy

xuphorz
August 4th, 2005, 05:39
if your talking to me, which i think you are, then you should count my posts.
i didn't make most of them, and there are ALOT of people that posted in this thread. you basically insulted everyone on this forum

shadowprophet
August 4th, 2005, 06:43
if your talking to me, which i think you are, then you should count my posts.
i didn't make most of them, and there are ALOT of people that posted in this thread. you basically insulted everyone on this forum

Yeah rabid was suave at first. But then somthing happened.
This is not flameing at all. But hes been acting like a stero typical noob lately.

xuphorz
August 4th, 2005, 07:14
ya, thinks he knows everything.
likem i was at first :D

AKB
August 4th, 2005, 07:23
well first things first! iam back, but iam not gonan ever troll again, only making longish posts for me now. well i dont see how a post of someone stealing your psp gotten so big and offtopic at some points but who cares, i just know no one can steal my psp, cause i never leave it outside of my pocket or out of my hands.

xuphorz
August 4th, 2005, 07:25
welcome back akb
still huge sig

AKB
August 4th, 2005, 07:27
well, i was banned and all, i didnt need to make a new sig, cause no other forums give a thing about my sig, well xuphorz you and your sig critazim, your sig is much to flashy!

xuphorz
August 4th, 2005, 07:32
attracts attention for my game :D

oh, and this is only the first or second time i ctitizied your sig
other plp mostly do it

AKB
August 4th, 2005, 07:34
jk i have nothing against ya, i just think its so flashy, it likes a adware and i told you about how that one tiny add made me out to the store to buy a adremover just to remove it.

xuphorz
August 4th, 2005, 07:35
it took a long time to make, and it's 111 frames (think i might have told u), so o don't plan to delete it anytime soon :D

AKB
August 4th, 2005, 07:37
i think i might make one that is bitmap, low res, and make it 100- 200 frames, Marilyn manson type gif, (DUH). it should be around 200-250kb's which is like much better then my 8 frame sig right now, plus who cares about sigs, tho i do make em :)

shizzle
August 4th, 2005, 11:41
rabidpuppi has always been an idiot. Welcome back akb, i stood up for you. And xuphorz i had an epeliptic fit watching your post and nearly drowned in my own froth.

joke, but it could happen...

xuphorz
August 4th, 2005, 15:30
so it's bloody good?
or bloody bad?

j/k

shadowprophet
August 8th, 2005, 23:13
So he finely got it back :D