PDA

View Full Version : Problem with disc 3 of Shenmue

bravestarr54
July 29th, 2005, 12:54
Okay I made a technical error with my first post but my problem wasn't anything to do with the error. I'd really appreciate some help. I have a problem loading my saved game from disc 3.
This has happened before, during the beginning of the game and I didn't mind so much retracing my steps. I just got an error message about loading the game file.
The thing that confused me is that the game had recognised the saved game as it told me so in the vmu slot at the top of the screen. What am I doing wrong? I dont want to have to redo both of the first two discs to get to the third. It took me ages!!
It really bugged me when I first bought my DC that the guy I bought it from didn't include the second game case to the set, so I was missing disc 3 and the Dream Arena 3.0 disc.
It's taken me ages to get the third disc as you can imagine - not many people want to part with the final part of their own sets.

I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else and if there is a way to get my saved game to load without restarting the whole game. Can I replace the battery without it wiping my saved game?

Darksaviour69
July 29th, 2005, 18:24
when the vmu is pluged in it runs off the mains, batteries don't matter. but yes u can replace the battery, without losing your save.

look we know that u downloaded disc 3, u said that already (not really a technical error).

the error is to do with the warezed disc, my guess u downloaded the US version of the game and you have the pal version of disc 1-2.

u know u can buy shenmue for about £10 these days

sixtyten
July 30th, 2005, 08:50
My legitimate copy of Shenmue gave me a VMU data error a few times, but, if I turned off the system, and then back on, no problem whatsoever.

AKB
July 30th, 2005, 09:08
is this thing good?

ptr.exe
July 30th, 2005, 12:53
is this thing good?
If you're referring to Shenmue, then yes, its one of the best games available for Dreamcast. It can be had for about £7 on eBay, and is well worth it. It's not suited to everyones taste but most love it.