PDA

View Full Version : What's your fave XBLA game

beetroot bertie
January 12th, 2008, 22:44
I'm thinking about getting a live arcade game, but instead of asking for folks to recommend something and then get asked what kind of game I'm after, I'd appreciate it if anyone could just mention their favourite XBLA game and give a brief reason why.

I'd also be interested in any opinions on Gripshift.

Cheers :D

JKKDARK
January 12th, 2008, 23:04
The best will be: Trigger Heart Exelica and Rez.

pibs
January 12th, 2008, 23:07
My favorite xbla game is streets of rage 2, because I owned the original and playing against or with friends online with it make it better than the original genesis version.

Haven't tried Gripshift sorry

beetroot bertie
January 12th, 2008, 23:40
The best will be: Trigger Heart Exelica and Rez.

I'm sure Rez will be great, as will Ikaruga but I doubt I'll go for them as I have the Dreamcast versions, both of which still look pretty in VGA. Not too fussed about Trigger Heart - was it any good on DC?

Incidently, I already have Hexic, Carcassonne, Uno & Robotron.

I was thinking about getting either Castlevania, Gripshift, Assault Heroes, Worms or Metal Slug 3 but I like hearing about other peoples' faves incase there's some underrated ones out there.

If Contra 3/Super Probotector was there, I'd have it like a shot.

Ta for the feedback so far :)

WhizzBang
January 13th, 2008, 08:47
I really like loads of XBox live arcade games but the one I play the most is Hearts. I know it is a very boring choice with nothing special graphically and you can play it on any PC but it is still a good game.
It is also the only game that I regularly play online as I do not enjoy playing online games against strangers and it takes a fair amount of organisation to get any of my friends online at the same time. I once had a race with some complete strangers online and afterwards got a message from one of the other players saying "F*** you a**hole". I can only guess that my car must have collided with him at some point. People don't tend to get so aggressive about Hearts.

I also really like JetPac, Doom, Track and Field, Pac Man + Championship and Galaga.