PDA

View Full Version : DCspeccyal

fil
November 28th, 2004, 06:42
has anyone successfully burnt the latest version of dcspeccyal?

i download it from here and the homepage and both archives contained an unscrambled 1st_read.bin, which i had a hard time of convincing the author of

i scrambled it and added an ip,bin and created a cdi with selfbootwin, and have now wasted about 5 cds, it just keeps crashing

ive emailed the author and he just doesnt help in any way

i have successfully burnt 100% of other emulators with this method, including the previous version of dcspeccyal perfectly

the author sent me a scrambled version and his own ip.bin a few weeks aftetr i emailed, which didnt work

any help would be warmly received

tyrell
December 3rd, 2004, 13:53
Fil,

Believe me, the image I've put on the website is fully working.
I've never heard any other peoples complaining about the binaries or images
I've put on my website.
Now, if someone else had problems burning my emulator, please tell me !
Or maybe it's because nobody is using it ;)

_tyrell_

scrabbus
December 4th, 2004, 08:19
No probs whatsoever with mine, I do find some games rather slow, renegade comes to mind, but other than that tyrell is right, I know as he got mine working first time,anyway, listen to da man, TYRELL HE IS DA MAN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH YEAH.

obelisk
May 17th, 2005, 05:19
I've had some mega problems trying the latest version as an sbi on an Sbi disk. I've tried 5 or 6 discs, coasters, later i was wondering if this thing just won't work with "SBI". also, i wanted to ask, nicely, if there might be a future version with a little bit easier to use file loading system, and what might the file number limit be for tape, disk, and rom images? thank you,
obelisk.

fackue
May 17th, 2005, 06:16
Did you try the SBI at Sbiffy? I recently uploaded it there within the past week.

obelisk
May 17th, 2005, 08:39
yes, i just tried it, seconds ago, when i selected speccyal, it reset the DC. :(

Matty Jetman
May 17th, 2005, 09:15
I'm having problems getting it to work as well.

I've used SelfBoot to make my disc and the intro screen comes up for speccyal where is says press any key but when I press a key nothing happens :(

I'm just going to try the sbi that's been uploaded and I'll let you know what happens....

Adios,
Matt

obelisk
May 17th, 2005, 10:18
any luck?

Matty Jetman
May 17th, 2005, 10:23
Nope the sbi crashes for me as well :(

obelisk
May 17th, 2005, 11:16
yup same hre, more. darn, i shoulda at least popped copper swapper on there too. drag.

obelisk
May 20th, 2005, 21:36
is there another emu for spectrum i should try, with a good kb emu? any recommendations, or a good link to another binary?

turnerl
May 31st, 2005, 23:57
Worked a treat for me, I just used DSSBS added a heap of roms and presto, I've never had any luck with sbi's. just download the plain file pop it into the new folder in dssbs with an ip.bin and some roms and your good to go!

Christuserloeser
June 1st, 2005, 01:49
There's DreamSpec that should be pretty good but I heard you need to have to dedicate a whole empty VMU for it unless you don't want to let Dreamspec erase your saves. Check ConsoleVision.com

I recommend DCSpeccyal K though. Try Selfboot.exe by burnerO or BootDreams by Fackue/Lying Wake

turnerl, SBInducer v4 is great! - you should give it a try. It's really easy.

www.DCEvolution.net/DCHelp

fackue
June 3rd, 2005, 11:40
Crap the SBI didn't work? I need to fix it ASAP!