PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to 3.80 M33 from official 3.80

Gogo
January 15th, 2008, 04:12
I tossed the new DA updates onto my mem stick but since I'm already running the official 3.80 it says I don't need to update.

Is there a way to downgrade or am I out of luck on homebrew since I was too impatient to wait on DarkAlex to release the 3.80 custom? :/

celestial_guru
January 15th, 2008, 06:09
You can't upgrade to custom firmware from official firmware, you have to first go through a process of "downgrading" your psp(or use the new pandora battery if you know someone with a modded psp). There are quite a few articles about it here on DCEMU, as well as in various other places......

And so far as I know, there aren't any downgraders for 3.51 or above, you have to use Pandora(not that its bad, as you can use it to unbrick your psp as well)

Also, what PSP type do you have?

Gogo
January 15th, 2008, 06:11
Bah, I don't have a Pandora battery, I've got the old PSP. Bought it on launch.

I knew I should have just waited another few days instead of upgrading right away.

Gogo
January 18th, 2008, 00:34
Okay, so I think I'm either at the point I need to borrow a friend's PSP or I messed up.

I got an extra battery and removed the correct post on the chip and installed the Pandora files on a mem stick.

Now all I have to do is toss the battery and mem stick into a custom firmware or 1.5 PSP and run the software to convert it, right?

I tried putting the battery into my PSP just to see what would happen and the moment I put it in the power light turned green but it didn't boot.

Did I screw up by modding the battery before I ran the software? Or am I still on track and just need to borrow another PSP?

hodgy47
January 18th, 2008, 00:47
You dont need to convert the battery if you have hard modded it by cutting the leg, as for mem stick yes your right you need a custom psp or a one running 1.50, Google for an easy installer there are a few about it just saves you working the format yourself in msdos
OR you could use the UPMS software which you can get here http://www.upms-project.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=2 this site has all the software and tutorials you need and you dont need a pc to format mem stick as everything is done on psp(with custom firmware or 1.50) and is a very good memstick cos t does slims, fats, despertar, utils etc. all from one stick