PDA

View Full Version : homebrew not working on 3.71 m33-4

Xgen001
January 15th, 2008, 12:38
I've installed 3.71 m33-4 and yes, I do have the 1.5 kernel add-on installed. It works fine for some homebrews such as gpsp and cavestory. But others like Tyrian, PSPRevolution and the Super Nintendo emulator refuse to boot. I've tried multiple times to just switch the kernels from 3.71 to 1.5 and change the folders they are placed in (GAME to GAME150 and vice versa) yet nothing I have tried is working in any way.

Can somebody please help me out here?

Xgen001
January 15th, 2008, 12:56
further investigation also shows that only homebrews that have 2 folders do not work. the ones have the NAME folder then a NAME% folder.

the other ones that run purely on 1 folder like cavestory are all working perfectly fine.

does anyone know anything that can help?

M Dash
January 15th, 2008, 15:38
The ones that have 2 folders (normal and % folder) are older folders that where specific to the 1.50 kernel firmware, since they are Xploited.

Quote:

Q : Im trying to put a hombrew game or emulator on my PSP version 2.1/2.5/2.6 i have copied the folders (eg. Daedalus & Daedalus%) to my PSP/Game folder but it doesn't work.

A : Thats because it's a version 1.5 eboot, and is kxplioted. If you are using these firmware versions use version 1.0 eboots (aka only 1 folder)

---

First off: What happens? Your PSP gives you an error code, or the screen just freezes and the PSP shuts down??

If the PSP shuts itself down, it's because you are trying to run a homebrew for 1.50 in 3.xx kernel mode. Change the kernel version in recovery.

IF the PSP gives you an error code, maybe you are making the folders wrong or something.

Anyways, i advise you to try to get the version of those aplications in 2.xx kernel version mode (being only 1 folder, and not 1 "normal" and 1 % folder).

Hope i helped out.

P.S.: AND... You might want to check this... http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19867

BanePSP
January 16th, 2008, 16:26
I'm having the same problem?? I've tried changing the kernel from 3.71 to 1.50 and back again and putting both folders into GAME and GAME 150 folders but still no luck?

stop4chili
February 24th, 2008, 06:32
further investigation also shows that only homebrews that have 2 folders do not work. the ones have the NAME folder then a NAME% folder.

the other ones that run purely on 1 folder like cavestory are all working perfectly fine.

does anyone know anything that can help?

I've had the exact same problem with my homebrews...anything with NAME% files don't work! I was just wondering if you ever got an answer for your problem...

Wally
February 24th, 2008, 09:49
Update to 3.90 M33 :)

MicroNut
February 24th, 2008, 10:26
I use 3.71M33-M4
Game folder set to 3.71 kernel in recovery.
And the following without problems:

Super Nintendo emulator
I use the 4.2 ME edition
snes9xTYL-0.4.2me_fw3x (http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/snespsp.html)
MS:\PSP\GAME150

Tyrian (http://exophase.com/psp/tyrian-psp-patch-08-2906.htm)
Using the OpenTyrian_PSP_08_patch Eboot

PSPRevolution (http://www.pspr.us/)
I use the 1.5 version with the 0.3a Patch

If you've just upgraded try resetting the system to defaults.
Make sure your not using a counterfeit memory card.
If you are, and even if you not, you might want to try re downloading the archives and copying them to the MS again.

GundamDX
July 22nd, 2008, 17:18
I get the same problem. In my instance, I have two folders

GAME '
GAME%

The GAME% only contains an eboot, while the GAME ' contains all the other data, but when loaded on the PSP this comes up as a CORRUPTED FILE. The GAME% folder looks fine, but when you start it the PSP just stops flashing and shuts down. I presume it is some kind of linkage thing as the two folders are linked. I haven;t heard of anyone who has managed to get this working...along with the kernal/recovery mode et al I have tried playing about with the filenames and the config files but always the same result.

In truth, I've given up trying and am just concentrating on ISO files, but if anyone has a solution to help me use my old 1.5 games, that would be cool.