PDA

View Full Version : Best EMU for Mortal Kombat?

Mourningstar
July 30th, 2005, 18:24
I want a good PSPemulator that will emulate MK, MK2, MK3, and UMK3 perfectly.

MK has been released across multiple platforms so it could be any emu. I know about the SNES, GEnesis and arcade ems, but what would be the best?

And since this is my first post I want to say Hello to everybody. :)

Mourningstar
July 30th, 2005, 21:46
I have all of the SNES MK roms and the SNES emu, but they run kinda bad. Would the Genesis emu be better?

SoQb0nc5r
July 30th, 2005, 21:52
i wud say MD genesis emu running ultimate mortal kombat 3 :) i used to own in that when i was a baby =)

parabolee
July 31st, 2005, 01:16
I think with the right settings you would get MK2 and 3 running sweet in Y's version of the SNES Emu-

Framskip - 2 or 3
Frameskip Auto
Screen size 4:3 (just looks better)
Clock speed 333mhz

If you turn transparency off too might speed it up but it might make it unplayable.

AKB
July 31st, 2005, 01:17
i thought snes was best, by the way what u think of my newest sig?

parabolee
July 31st, 2005, 01:21
It's sweet but it's still too big. I think it would look cooler and be less in the way of the forum if it was half the size.

But it does look sweet, Mazza rules! I think you may get modded though for the "naughty" word :(

What does AKB stand for?

AKB
July 31st, 2005, 01:23
my name first middle last, oh ya shit can be said but not the f word i found out :) i htink

parabolee
July 31st, 2005, 01:28
OH LOL well thats cool. But I do think it would look cooler at half the size.

AKB
July 31st, 2005, 01:33
i like big things, u should of seen my first one it was like 800 x 300

Mourningstar
July 31st, 2005, 03:28
Your sig is irritating as hell....but the avatar is cool....

Mourningstar
July 31st, 2005, 03:28
None of the PSP MAME emus would run MK would they?

parabolee
July 31st, 2005, 04:09
Your sig is irritating as hell....but the avatar is cool....

Yeah it's cool but too big, it's very distracting.

I don't think any MK runs on MAME. But I honestly think with the right settings it would rock on the SNES emu by Y.

I'll try it myself later, I fancy a little MK action.

Mourningstar
July 31st, 2005, 06:05
I havent tried the Y one, but I did take your advice about turning off Transparency.....using Snes9x with transparency off, 333mhz, and frameskip 3 all the MK games play damn near perfectly....

parabolee
July 31st, 2005, 07:55
I tried it on Y's port on UOsnes9x and it runs like a charm. Sound is abit glitchy but playing with the graphic and sound speed seems to get it pretty damn close.

Y's port is considered the best Snes EMu by far, easily the fastest, but I havn't bothered with any of the others for a while since it's so good. I get it to run with frame skip 2, and it seems spot on to me.

AKB
July 31st, 2005, 07:56
iam telling u snes9x or snes10x-special edition made from some sites i randomly found on google.

orochi-x
July 31st, 2005, 20:03
Go for the snes ones with the sound disabled. The genesis emu does actually run the roms perfectly but the snes ports were far superior to the genesis versions

shizzle
July 31st, 2005, 21:27
The genesis is the best by far, runs well with no problems, where the sound cocks up on the snes on ultimate.

AKB
July 31st, 2005, 21:29
neogeocd i dotn know if it has mortal kombat, but it could be the best?

Raiser
July 31st, 2005, 21:42
Go for the snes ones with the sound disabled. The genesis emu does actually run the roms perfectly but the snes ports were far superior to the genesis versions

I beg to differ. Due to Nintendo's "quality control", the SNES versions were heavily censored, and therefore inferrior to the Genesis and arcade versions. The most prominent example of this is how they changed the blood in the SNES MK1 into a grey liquid, and tried to pass it off as sweat.

Mourningstar
July 31st, 2005, 23:00
I beg to differ. Due to Nintendo's "quality control", the SNES versions were heavily censored, and therefore inferrior to the Genesis and arcade versions. The most prominent example of this is how they changed the blood in the SNES MK1 into a grey liquid, and tried to pass it off as sweat.

You are wrong...

MK1 was the ONLY game that Nintendo censored....MK2, MK3, UMK3, MK4, MKT, MKDA and MKD were unaltered and had full blood and gore....

Random
August 1st, 2005, 12:32
U guys are crazy if you think SNES runs MK's better than Genesis right now. In terms of running the game...PSPGenesis all the way. I got the roms on my PSP for both SNES and Genesis...and even with optimal settings on Y's SNES...Genesis runs so much better.

In terms of what VERSION is better, I'd agree and say Genesis. I'm not sure how accurate you people are about the gore and stuff...but I always thought it was the way Raiser said it. I'll probably double check now to confirm...but I'm sure SNES was censored.

Mourningstar
August 1st, 2005, 17:23
MK1 was the only one censored on SNES...trust me....I had all of them for SNES and my friend had all of them for GEnesis...we used to play them religiously....and also the SNES versions had better graphics and control because SNES had more buttons....

But how is the controls for PSP Genesis?

parabolee
August 1st, 2005, 18:06
Sorry but YES the snes versions of MK2 and MK3 run a lot nicer on Y's SNES9x I even fixed the sound with the right settings. The SNES versions were a LOT better for a start (except MK1 which sucked!)

I forget what i had in MK3 but here are my settings in MK2

Frameskip 2 (runs perfect not choppy at all)
Auto Framskip ON
Transparency OFF (speeds up and doesn't effect anything I can see)
Sound 22khz
CPU 333mhz

Graphics speed 1.2
Sound speed 1.3 (I found these settings fixed the speach)

this was with Snes9x .2y30

Now I love my Sega and the Genesis emu is awesome but the SNES versions of MK 2 & 3 were far better.

Random
August 1st, 2005, 23:26
UMK3 is the best MK anyway. I'll try ur settings on SNES...The PSP Genesis controls are fine now that they have 6 button support. I was running the SNES at almost the same specs...333/fs2+auto...but I'll play around with it.

I'm mainly working on customizing my PSP in terms of backgrounds, homebrew backgrounds & icons.

Mourningstar
August 2nd, 2005, 03:59
Sorry but YES the snes versions of MK2 and MK3 run a lot nicer on Y's SNES9x I even fixed the sound with the right settings. The SNES versions were a LOT better for a start (except MK1 which sucked!)

I forget what i had in MK3 but here are my settings in MK2

Frameskip 2 (runs perfect not choppy at all)
Auto Framskip ON
Transparency OFF (speeds up and doesn't effect anything I can see)
Sound 22khz
CPU 333mhz

Graphics speed 1.2
Sound speed 1.3 (I found these settings fixed the speach)

this was with Snes9x .2y30

Now I love my Sega and the Genesis emu is awesome but the SNES versions of MK 2 & 3 were far better.

Ill trust you and try your setting. ;)

I finally got a bigger memory stick, 128mb is as big as I could find in the shithole I live in, so if I have to Ill try one of the Genesis emus...

resinbowl
August 2nd, 2005, 19:31
i would stick to the arcade versions. even tho MK2 is great on snes its still just a (midway brew) remake of the arcade version and no were near a direct port, the arcade is a whole diffrent game.
and only till recently its been perfectly ported to current gen consoles in Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (plays better than MAME).

just wait a few months till Midway Arcade Treasures comes out for PSP, its supposed to contain perfect versions of MK, MK2, & MK3.

Mourningstar
August 2nd, 2005, 19:46
just wait a few months till Midway Arcade Treasures comes out for PSP, its supposed to contain perfect versions of MK, MK2, & MK3.

Seriously? :eek:

I havent heard about it...

BTW, love the name....resinbowl. :D

parabolee
August 2nd, 2005, 23:02
i would stick to the arcade versions. even tho MK2 is great on snes its still just a (midway brew) remake of the arcade version and no were near a direct port, the arcade is a whole diffrent game.
and only till recently its been perfectly ported to current gen consoles in Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (plays better than MAME).

Now that would be ultra sweet! Bust I havn't heard any info on such a release! :(

Can you point me to a link that would confirm this? I would be very happy to see perfect MK ports on PSP.

resinbowl
August 3rd, 2005, 01:14
Now that would be ultra sweet! Bust I havn't heard any info on such a release! :(

Can you point me to a link that would confirm this? I would be very happy to see perfect MK ports on PSP.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/data/928287.html

the games included in Midway arcade treasures (PSP) as far as i know:
Spy Hunter
Sinistar
Defender
Paperboy
720�
Klax
Joust
Marble Madness
Toobin'
Rampage
Gauntlet
Rampart
Wizard of Wor
Xybots
Championship Sprint
Arch Rivals
Cyberball 2072
Xenophobe
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat II
Mortal Kombat 3

the game is going to be cheap too, only $29.99 usd.

parabolee
August 3rd, 2005, 15:55
AWESOME!!

Shame no Ultimate MK3, but for one collection that is super sweet. I wonder if they will change the game to suit the wide screen on the PSP, because that would rock for MK games!

Kick ass!

parabolee
August 3rd, 2005, 16:21
OH and the new SNES EMU "TYL" rund Mortal Kombat even better than Y's!!!!

Still a few sound glitches but it runs at full speed with a great frame rate!

aseddon130
August 4th, 2005, 02:22
i'd say the Mega Drive Emulator would be the way to go with this one, since now it supports 6 button controller :D

boutdoe82
May 23rd, 2006, 19:27
SNES... just tweak the settings.. get the newer version of the snes emu ... it has more settings you can change, better layout too