PDA

View Full Version : Need Help, Getting back into PSP HBrew after 3 years.

cappadonna
January 16th, 2008, 03:16
I might as well be a noob again. I had a PSP years ago when 1.50 was on the shelves. I am wanting to purchase a new psp slim (white w/64 MB) and was wondering if there will be a problem running homebrew and emu's on it.

I understand how to get pandora battery installed and working, but one of the requirements in the read me is having a custom FW. I assume that when I buy said PSP it will have 3.70 or better. This is where I get stuck. How to I get custom FW on the PSP b4 doing the pandora battery? I have looked at guides on this site but they are the same guides I was using years ago. No mention of new PSP slims or if emus will work on them.

Any help or links will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

ExcruciationX
January 16th, 2008, 03:22
The slim is practically useless as homebrew goes. The slim's hardware doesn't support the 1.5 kernel.

Cloudhunter
January 16th, 2008, 07:36
The slim is practically useless as homebrew goes. The slim's hardware doesn't support the 1.5 kernel.

Bollocks. I'm fed up of jealous people saying crap like that. The 3.xx kernel is the future, live with it.

Anyway, to answer your question, you need to know someone with a hacked PSP in order to do the battery, or you need to hard mod the battery. I'm sure there's lots of tutorials round for either.

Cloudy

jamotto
January 16th, 2008, 08:27
Bollocks. I'm fed up of jealous people saying crap like that.
Cloudy

nah, it's not jealousy, rather if it ain't broke why change it?

mr_nick666
January 17th, 2008, 09:16

100% agreed with you :D The Slim was just a way to con people who need to have the latest gadgets out of money ($ony telling Phat users they need a Slim to run Skype because the Phat doesnt have the RAM just a day before a Phat homebrew version is released is a great example!) :rofl:

bah
January 17th, 2008, 12:51
To have the best compatibility with the vast majority of existing PSP homebrew then a fat is better (the firmware 1.5 kernel only runs on the fat).

In the future more homebrew may take advantage of the extra RAM (and not run/perform worse on the fat) and the older aps may be converted to the 3.XX(+) kernel(s) so perhaps in the long term (homebrew wise) the slim may be better.

It really depends on which of those appeals to you more.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148004190&postcount=3