PDA

View Full Version : Changing Sony Firmware 3.80 for Custom Firmware??

gazuk2003
January 16th, 2008, 11:05
Hello,

Im new to PSP's. I was wondering is it possible to update the firmware on my PSP, from sony's 3.80 to a custom 3.80 m33.

Basically, i want to be able to backup my UMD games, but reading up that any firmware over 3.52, wont allow this.

Have seen about pandora's battery, but didnt like the sound of knackring up a battery to do it !!

Many Thanks in Advance

M Dash
January 16th, 2008, 11:54
From Sony's official 3.80 to Custom 3.80 M33 -> NO! You can't.

No info about hacked games. Agaisn't the rules.

IF i'm not mistaken, pandora is the only way. Still, you need ANOTHER PSP with homebrew enabled, meaning, with 1.50 FW OR Custom firmware installed. And don't worry about the battery... You won't damage it...

P.S.: Search before posting...

mike_jmg
January 17th, 2008, 01:24
From Sony's official 3.80 to Custom 3.80 M33 -> NO! You can't.

No info about hacked games. Agaisn't the rules.

IF i'm not mistaken, pandora is the only way. Still, you need ANOTHER PSP with homebrew enabled, meaning, with 1.50 FW OR Custom firmware installed. And don't worry about the battery... You won't damage it...

P.S.: Search before posting...

umm, I think he means a hardware mod, as he doesn't have access to a homebrew enabled psp

gazuk2003
I'm afraid is the only way
check the wiki link on my sig, maybe that'll help

gazuk2003
January 17th, 2008, 12:55
thx for that.

Why do i need another psp to use pandora's battery??? im confussed?

mike_jmg
January 17th, 2008, 16:41
you need it to create the pandora's battery, If you don't have a psp that can run unsigned code AKA Homebrew you cannot create a pandora's battery by using software.

Therefore, if you don't have acces to a Homebrew capable PSP, you can only create a pandora's battery by doing a hardware modiffication (cracking it open and lifting a pin on the battery)

If you have that, then, you'll just need a memory stick pro duo from 256Mb up to 4Gb and use this GUI
http://www.mediafire.com/?2nlcnnmxx45
wich installs everything you need to have on the memory stick without needing anything else

ExcruciationX
January 17th, 2008, 17:19
Or, find "Pandora's Box" by "Dudewarez".

For dumping UMD's, look for a tool called "UMD Dumper 0.1" on Google. The resulting file from the UMD dump goes in the "ISO" folder on the root of your memory stick.