PDA

View Full Version : Help with FFVII multi-disc EBOOT

kakemix007
January 17th, 2008, 01:09
Hello all,

I cannot get Final Fantasy VII multi EBOOT (1.5gb) to work. All of the discs work if loaded separately but when i use popstation_md.exe to create one EBOOT from the 3 ISO's the psp either hangs at a black screen or gives me some error.

I have tried to name the game saves and game codes the same as the first disc and i have tried to increment the last number of the game codes by one (going up 1 per disc)

What are some of the ways that you are getting these multi disc games to work?

i am running PSP PHAT with CFW 3.71 m33-4

kakemix007
January 17th, 2008, 06:52
UPDATE:
The EBOOT (1.4gb) will load and i can see "switch disc"(which is grayed out) when i press the home button or if i reset it will ask me which disc to start once reset, but its still black. The game will not start. any ideas?

dark heart
January 17th, 2008, 12:02
which program did you use to convert into an eboot? i can suggest impaler psx.

so what happens, you get to a screen asking you to insert disk 2?

another thing is it sounds as though you might have set up the disk order incorrectly, so what you should do is use impaler if your not already, because it has a nice easy to understand interface.

in addition to that you have to make sure you get the game code right to it knows what disks you need etc, if for instance if i owned ff7 pal, i would select final fantasy vii pal disk 1, because disk1 has the codes.

kakemix007
January 17th, 2008, 17:54
thanks for the reply. At first i used the popstation_md command line via cmd and then i used a gui version called RS-GUI PopStationMD v2.0b.
I cannot tell you what happens when i get to the screen to insert disc 2 because the game will not load at all :-(
I am positive that the disc order was set up correctly. I have the NTSC version and got the codes straight from sonyindex. I will go try that program that you suggested. Thanks so much.

dark heart
January 18th, 2008, 01:57
ok, if you get any further problems, tell me.

jacheson
January 18th, 2008, 16:07
I was wondering i am having the same problems but i am using my friends ntsc 2nd disk could that be what is happening? ( it dosent start at all it gives me some error, im using impaler)

dark heart
January 18th, 2008, 22:34
jacheson, what firm ware are you using?

specter800
February 1st, 2008, 06:43
omg im having the same problem, iv used many MD eboot makers to no avail. i have made a MGS combined eboot and when i select it from the menu, the screen goes black and the memstick light blinks for a few seconds, then stops. then im stuck at a blank screen... forever.. please help me i REALLY want MGS on my psp

musick
February 3rd, 2008, 21:29
I'm having the same problem with MGS..

I'm on 3.80 m33-5 and have installed the popsloader etc.

Converted the first disc of MGS with popstation GUI to eboot.

Tried all the pops (3.00 - 3.72)

They all get me to a blank screen, the memory card LED flashes like it's loading, then nothing. I have to Home button and get out of the game...

any ideas?

ksblair
April 15th, 2008, 18:12
Have the same problem with FF7

Dembonz
April 17th, 2008, 02:01
Having the same problem. I made a MGS single EBOOT and am having the same results. Anybody?:confused:

Oh man. I just spent hours trying to figure this out, and finally...
I'm running 3.90m33-3 and am now running Metal Gear Solid and Chrono Cross multi disks off one EBOOT, made with PSX2PSP 1.3 (really nice prog BTW).
They won't run on 3.90's popstation, even though single disk EBOOTs will.
For whatever reason, multi-disk EBOOTs will only run using an older firmware's popstation via popsloader, which I had no experience with before, but after getting it to work, it was the key. I'm not sure why it didn't work for others on this thread. I'm using 3.80 popsloader V.2 plugin with the 3.71/3.72 files.
Maybe I'm an idiot and this is just common knowledge now, but I couldn't find any help anywhere on this.
I haven't tried FF7 yet but I will...
Hope this can help others.

Dembonz
April 17th, 2008, 04:46
Final Fantasy 7 multidisk EBOOT (1.5GB) confirmed working with popsloader using 3.72 files. :thumbup:

Crunchward
August 7th, 2008, 23:50
The troubles I have is finding the flippin' Game for download xD My computer tends to chew up and spit out Torrents. If possible - would anyone be able to send it to me or suggest a place for download? ^^;

daAZNkid111
August 27th, 2008, 15:39
Hey guys, the problems with my FF7 is that when you switch the disks, the memory from the last one isn't saved. So right now, disc 2 doesn't even work because it can't seem to find the previous save. Help me plz!

OPnutters
September 1st, 2008, 02:45
Hello everyone...I ran into the exact same problem with FFVII when I finished disc 1 and tried to load my save with disc 2. The save files were not recognized by the disc 2 EBOOT file.

I fixed the problem, after searching the web and trying different things for about an hour, and thought I'd share what I did to help all you guys out. I know how you feel, I spent 38 hours on disc 1 and was determined to find the fix so I can continue. By the way I am running 3.71 M33

Anyhow, onto the fix........

Step 1 : Download psx2psp v1.2

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=629

Step 2 : Launch psx2psp.exe (I selected classic mode instead of "theme" mode)

Step 3 : open EBOOT file for FFVII DISC 2. Once you do this your psx2psp program should look like this...

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll189/OPnutters/94164.jpg

Step 4 : change "GAME ID" from 94164 to 94163. The reason that disc 2 isn't recognizing your game saves is because disc 1 used 94163 as your "SAVE ID." Once you make the change select your DESKTOP (or any other place on your PC) for your "Output PBP Folder." Please excuse my "******" as I wanted to conceal my name. Once you do this it will look like this...

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll189/OPnutters/94163.jpg

Step 5 : Click on "CONVERT"

The conversion process will create a new EBOOT file for Disc 2 (when you are ready to move onto Disc 3 just repeat these steps for Disc 3) and place it in a folder named "SCUS94163" on your desktop (or wherever you chose to save it in Step 4.

Step 6 : replace Disc 1 EBOOT on your PSP with your newly created Disc 2 EBOOT

Step 7 : ENJOY!

I hope this helps you guys. The whole process will take you no more than 5-10 minutes.