PDA

View Full Version : Help me! Broken power supply!

Athiril
November 10th, 2004, 21:04
Okay, I fried my original power supply unit, it still works kinda, boots up but flickery, and resets every few seconds, well I bought a replacement from lik-sang.com, shipping took a while (I live in Australia), on the third day I have been using it, it stopped working in the middle of a game! I let it rest for a day, it still does not work!, It doesn't even show the logo, the light comes on the dreamcast, and the vmu beeps at me (flat battery) that is it, and the speakers (tv speaker or pc speakers when using VGA box) just make a buzzing sound

In the picture, like it asks, are those two grounds supposed to be connected or not? Could someone look on their one? (only if you got this one etc: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=155&products_id=77& )

quzar
November 10th, 2004, 21:05
shouldnt matter they are both ground, but its not a good idea methinks.

Athiril
November 10th, 2004, 21:22
Is it possible part of the solder melted and connected to that other ground (as it is only just barely touching it)?

Athiril
November 12th, 2004, 22:39
Oh, I got 5, and 3.3 mixed around, just reverse them around in your head (not that it's important for this purpose).

kujo29
November 13th, 2004, 04:45
i could be wrong but it sounds like the common problem that occurs in some DC's its all to do with the pins that go into those 'holes'...ive had the same problem on both of my DC's..... the lights are on but no ones home...all i did was clean and gently 'bend' the pins then put the part shown in your pic back in.... they still do it sometimes and i got fed up of taking the top off so i left the top off put some 'green' tack on the door switch so the DC 'thinks the lid is shut.... then if it starts rebooting itself or goes to a black screen i switch it off 'wiggle' the board near the pins and turn it back on...usually fixes it ...for me anyways

DCDayDreamer
November 13th, 2004, 06:28
Try this with your original power supply problem:

http://www.consolevision.com/members/fackue/tut_resetfix.shtml

Athiril
November 16th, 2004, 12:04
MY original power supply, the big capacitor blew up, and stuff started pouring out of it and evaporated so i got white "smoke" pouring out the side of the DC, i'm going to try the cleaning thing...

Athiril
November 16th, 2004, 12:28
Nope, makes no difference what so ever :(