PDA

View Full Version : Interesting bug in RIN

Raiser
July 31st, 2005, 18:06
I've always wondered why there was no option in RIN to play games that were both GBC compatible and SGB enhanced (like Wario Land 2, Link's Awakening DX, Bomberman Quest, etc) in GBC mode with the SGB border. But it seems that it's still possible to do so.

To do this, you need to first adjust your control settings so that you have a button (or combination of buttons) set to load savestates. Then, follow these steps:

1) Load your SGB compatible GBC game in GBC mode, and save your game to a save state.

2) Change the Gameboy type to SGB, and select "reset" from the menu.

3) Wait until the game loads the SGB border and begins playing (do not load while the play area is white) and use the quick load button you set earlier to load your state. The state will load in GBC mode while leaving the SGB border onscreen.

The only problem is that if you access RIN's menu, the border disappears and you have to save your state, reset and quick load it again.

Anyway, I know it's nothing amazing, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

Cross
July 31st, 2005, 18:43
neat find I will add this to my Post in the FAQ, good find!

Raiser
July 31st, 2005, 19:50
There's one more thing that I've just discovered. Some games like Game & Watch Gallery 2 and 3 change their borders when you go into different menus/games. If you use the GBC/SGB border trick, the border does not change, and will stay as whatever border was displayed when you loaded your save state.