PDA

View Full Version : A new playstation emu?

duckman06
July 31st, 2005, 18:11
Hi I was just wodering if any 1 else has seen this yet. I guess its a new emu in development called playSP. They have a video of FFVII running on it, it looks amazing :eek:

http://www.geocities.com/playspsteve

Cross
July 31st, 2005, 18:25
just tried dling and it said exceeded, oh well. good to see another EMU coming to the forums. Again taking FF7 with me maybe I will finally play the damn thing and beat it.... or maybe I ill just take Megaman X4-X6 with me and play those and many other games lol.

wraggster
July 31st, 2005, 20:03
as soon as its available somone snag it and upload it to here :)

AKB
July 31st, 2005, 20:05
yay i can put all my playstation games on and i dont have to worry about people thinking i stole em cause i own them all.

brad666
July 31st, 2005, 20:57
can someone please post the video i cant seem to find it! cheers brad

Cap'n 1time
July 31st, 2005, 22:20
i dont usually take geocities hosted news seriously.... whatever.

PSP_Newbie
July 31st, 2005, 23:37
got connected to it and dled the video, got it attached(zipped cause site doesnt support .wmv)
crazy...it actually looks real, if its possible, that would be awsome, but so many hoaxes these days, cant be sure...and its running pretty smoothly too according to the vid

o2byzst
August 1st, 2005, 00:19
What does AKB mean when he says - "yay i can put all my playstation games on and i dont have to worry about people thinking i stole em cause i own them all." ? How do you PUT your PS1 games into a PSP, the disc ain't gonna fit? And I noticed it says "Banned" under his tag, has he been booted?

o2byzst
August 1st, 2005, 00:28
I watched the video (thanks PSP Newbie for the attach) and it looks pretty authentic. So unless there is a UMD out there with sneak footage from a Sony Official remake of FF7 for the PSP, it's legit!

So where do we find this emulator and what games will run on it? Most importantly, how did I take my Castlevania: SOTN and transfer it to my PSP?

It's funny, the PSP has crap as far as it's game library is concerned, but it is the best handheld gaming device since the Gameboy. That begs a question I have though, what will happen if I buy a new game, say like Burnout Legends...will it have any effect on the system? Like updating the firmware?

Cap'n 1time
August 1st, 2005, 00:31
you know.. they could have just ripped a gameplay movie and encoded it and played it on psp... not a big deal.

o2byzst
August 1st, 2005, 00:44
You know 1time, let us have our dreams man!! Why you gotta go and crush everyone's hopes like that?!

o0sambo0o81
August 1st, 2005, 00:56
I think its fake,becasue the left half of the screen is cut off and only displays black, while the right displays the whole picture.

Onetonbullet
August 1st, 2005, 01:03
I think its fake,becasue the left half of the screen is cut off and only displays black, while the right displays the whole picture.

Actually that means its probably not an encoded Playstation video...

But, If you made an awsome Playstation emulator, would you release it, or make a craptacular video to tease people? :rolleyes:

o2byzst
August 1st, 2005, 01:14
That's a good point Oneton. I would want it to spread across the web quickly to grab some rep among the homebrew crowd. The only thing that would hold me back would be if it had some type of flaw or some bugs that needed to be worked out. Then I'd probably release a video so people knew it came from me first.

Cap'n 1time
August 1st, 2005, 01:41
You know 1time, let us have our dreams man!! Why you gotta go and crush everyone's hopes like that?!

yes :p mission acomplished.

Cross
August 1st, 2005, 02:02
its his job, and he is damn good at it, lol

RedKing14CA
August 1st, 2005, 02:19
got that right cross! but im downloading this video and i have dial up (and the sig. GIF's load fine and fast) so its going to take awhile to download the video...

why did AKB get "banned"?

Cap'n 1time
August 1st, 2005, 02:26
got that right cross! but im downloading this video and i have dial up (and the sig. GIF's load fine and fast) so its going to take awhile to download the video...

why did AKB get "banned"?

Im not completely sure.. but just know that we are probably better off with out him :)

Lanolin
August 1st, 2005, 02:28
I think it's a fake, for one reason (unless this is built into the emu): Why show the PS whitescreen logo? In my opinion, at least, if it were an emu, it would jump straight to the black ps logo, which is the part actually on the disk. meh. But what the hell, I could be completely wrong.

Tranman409
August 1st, 2005, 02:37
I think its fake considerin that when he pushed the button there was a litttle delay. If he would of recorded the PSP booting up and selecting the homebrew then I would believe it

Cap'n 1time
August 1st, 2005, 02:42
@ Lanolin - thats the bios. assuming it is real, he just has it boot the bios before the game starts, alot of psx emus do indeed do that.

@Tranman409 I noticed this too. dosnt mean its fake.. it could just be a delay due to emulation.

I personally think its a fake.. but thats just me destroying the dreams of FF7 fanboys XD.

Random
August 1st, 2005, 02:42
It's fake. His hand motions are too fake. Who actually LIFTS their thumb to hit X to go to next dialog. Also...during the PAUSE Between dialogs...why would the memory stick be ACTIVE? Theres nothing loading...unless its A MOVIE FILE THE PSP is playing. Other than that...theres also some lag time between the users inputs and whats actually happening on the screen. It's a movie file...I'll tell you that much. Considering SNES Emulation isn't even perfect...why would PSX Emulation be any better? Unless some magical genius finds a way to actually use other power from the PSP other than its processor...which currently does not exist.

Cap'n 1time
August 1st, 2005, 02:47
It's fake. His hand motions are too fake. Who actually LIFTS their thumb to hit X to go to next dialog. Also...during the PAUSE Between dialogs...why would the memory stick be ACTIVE? Theres nothing loading...unless its A MOVIE FILE THE PSP is playing. Other than that...theres also some lag time between the users inputs and whats actually happening on the screen. It's a movie file...I'll tell you that much. Considering SNES Emulation isn't even perfect...why would PSX Emulation be any better? Unless some magical genius finds a way to actually use other power from the PSP other than its processor...which currently does not exist.

the GPU has been taken advantage of.. but still, your right about the fact that the memory stick was active while nothing was accuring.. I noticed that too...

parabolee
August 1st, 2005, 02:49
I think it's running far too fast to be emulated, and where is the release, ever hear of an emulator being so good so quickly without a alpha/beta release.

But the memory card access doesn't prove it's fake because the game would be running from there and it would be emulating a CD loading, wich it would access from the memory card.

But it's obviosly fake IMHO.

duckman06
August 1st, 2005, 02:54
Well the hand motion thing could just be the emulator lagging. As for the memory stick being used, im not sure. The creators say on their site that they have betas available so, maybe if one of us could get our hands on that... in any case I'm supporting them because if it is real the emulation looks really good, and id be the happiest person in the world if I can play my SOTN on my psp!

J@F
August 1st, 2005, 02:59
I don't like to judge things like this, but if I had to bet, I'd say It's fake. The person could have just ran a vid in fullscreen and had the hold button pushed down so when he pushed buttons the fake wouldn't be exposed. why not tape the psp game boot up part?

RedKing14CA
August 1st, 2005, 03:03
it is very possible, we would just get crap frame rates... a ps one emu... but this one seams VERY fake..... i think the one being released (demo is out, isnt it) here is real, we'll just have to wait for the release... but 30 frames :(

Kaiser
August 1st, 2005, 03:13
I'm having trouble beside deciding its fake or not. The only real thing holdin me back from saying its a total fake is my want for such an emulator. The main problem I see with it is the flashing card reader. This is the exact flash I see when watching a movie on my PSP form the MS. The odd position of the "emulator" doesn't mean crap since a movie could easily be formatted so that it is just to the right corner with a slight push down. With proper lighting it could be shown that the black in the corner is actually part of the movie and not just ideal pixels. Someone brought up how odd it is the way he pushes the buttons and to me that just seems like bad acting saying "Look me really playing".

However It be real nice and I mean real nice if I was wrong.

RedKing14CA
August 1st, 2005, 03:13
I don't like to judge things like this, but if I had to bet, I'd say It's fake. The person could have just ran a vid in fullscreen and had the hold button pushed down so when he pushed buttons the fake wouldn't be exposed. why not tape the psp game boot up part?

hmm, i never see the hold button on in the video i just realised, it COULD be REAL :eek: ...

Shapyi
August 1st, 2005, 03:24
I think I'm leaning towards fake on this one. I mean if you look at the you'll notice 3 things. For one, I never used a PSX emulator that showed the SCEA and PlayStation logo. Thats a give away it was probably recorded off a TV. And I know some of you are fooled by him selecting the game from a menu, but that is also easily faked if you have some programming, java or flash knowledge. Take the raw TV record of FFVII, open a video editing tool and throw it together. Plus the video has 2 bars on the side, I have a TV turner and I've recorded video game footage off PS2 and PSX for music videos, and the TV Tuner has those 2 bars on the side.

Second give away the memory stick access light is flashing constantly. Thats a good sign its a video off of the PSP because usually emulators read from RAM and not a memory stick.

Third, its posted on a geocities site. I don't consider anything on geocities creditable.

Although I might be wrong, I am leaning towards fake. Only way is to release the emulator instead of a video. Like any legit developer.

Kaiser
August 1st, 2005, 03:40
Although I might be wrong, I am leaning towards fake. Only way is to release the emulator instead of a video. Like any legit developer.

I agree with your post completely up until here. Now if I remeber correctly. Back in the dark ages we could only swap with our memory cards to play homebrew. Then PSP Dev released a video much like this one. Many people brushed it off as a fake and continued to swap there memory cards until they broke them.

The next day we all saw the light

Now I'm more skeptical of this than say i would be with a team like PSP Dev. But I'd like to hold on a little hope for a time at least.

Cross
August 1st, 2005, 04:09
personally I think if the EMU is as good as the video shows then why the hell is it not released. I am not going to put my foot in my mouth yet.

Would be nice to see.

And I to was curious why AKB was gone oh well.

Shapyi
August 1st, 2005, 04:11
I agree with your post completely up until here. Now if I remeber correctly. Back in the dark ages we could only swap with our memory cards to play homebrew. Then PSP Dev released a video much like this one. Many people brushed it off as a fake and continued to swap there memory cards until they broke them.

The next day we all saw the light

Now I'm more skeptical of this than say i would be with a team like PSP Dev. But I'd like to hold on a little hope for a time at least.

I did think that video was probably fake but the team was willing to deliever on a release date (June 15 2005).

There is a different. With the swaploit that did not really require a lot of skill and optimization to work. Killer-X just found a clever hole in Sony's security. He also must be experience with printf and scanf when he thought up %. They deserve a lot of credit of course though because they approached the problem differently than everyone out there trying to crack AES encryption.

This is a fully optimized PlayStation emulator running on PSP... its just not as likely given the quality of most of the emulators on PSP. And it also looks like the graphics are fully optimized and perfect. Pete's plugin isn't even perfect... I just don't think this kid has a PSX emulator that optimized. There is just too much evidence disproving this video.

There is always a slight chance and I hate to rain on people's parade... stranger things have happened in the console/handheld emulation scene.

agrecords
August 1st, 2005, 04:23
man.... you know it looks like a practiced video that they recorded off the playstation and put on the psp as a video. if you look real close the hand movement pressing the buttons and d-pad dosent match up at times in the video! i say fake!

YourStillWithMe
August 1st, 2005, 04:25
I really dont want a PS emulator much I just like the idea of playing FFVII and FFVIII!!!!!!!!!!!!! also hitting up some THPS2 would be sick ehhh who am i kidding? PSONE emu would be sick. I'm to lazy to look at the video but im sure there will be an emu of PSONE soon because if we can put on all those other systems than i def think PSONE can be done. . . does anyone have any idea how big the files would be though? ( FVIII mainly i'd like to know for guesses because thats my fav Final Fantasy!!)

gamerboi909
August 1st, 2005, 04:57
i just got tha pspsone emulator working but does any one know how to get tha game working on this

Cap'n 1time
August 1st, 2005, 05:08
I agree with your post completely up until here. Now if I remeber correctly. Back in the dark ages we could only swap with our memory cards to play homebrew.

ah.. thoes were sad times. The nations were all at war. famine and sickness struck the land.. and we were plauged by.... yah, that was about two months ago :p :) :p :D

duckman06
August 1st, 2005, 05:09
Ive been emailing the developers back and forth today a little bit, and they said they didn't have many request's for a beta so theyre considering maybe letting me have one to try out. I'll let you know if they send anything.
I also asked them why they didn't just post the thing if it's running that smooth and they said it's because FFVII runs really good on it, but some of the other games don't. He also said by any means the emu isn't perfect, and that he'd release it when its ready and when he feels its ready for a public release.

Cross
August 1st, 2005, 05:26
well atleast they are talking....hmm I still hold my final verdict, its def showing to atleast have promise thats for sure

jOeBrO
August 1st, 2005, 05:29
whats the developers name?? and where is he from? also.. how do you know who the dev is, i dont see why you didnt post who he was in the beggining :confused:

no disrespect... just curious is all :confused:

rock_light
August 1st, 2005, 05:35
totally fake. lol

PSP_Newbie
August 1st, 2005, 05:38
totally fake. lol
not saying it isnt fake, but dont say its fake before you dont know, most ppl said just that when kxploit was announced, i would say wait. as unlikely as this sounds, in the small chance this is true, that would be awsome!:D

o2byzst
August 1st, 2005, 05:40
If there at least willing to consider some of us beta testing the emu that is a huge factor in proving it COULD BE real. Of course, the fact that they've shown footage of only one game, they haven't shown the emu being booted up directly from the PSP and they won't release details...that still leaves MUCH room for disbelief. Initally I was already on board and ready to promote but after reading some of the posts and reexaming the video, there IS room to question it's authenticity.

If ANY of the developers are seeing these posts, notice what we're asking for. Release a demo, buggy or not...there are TONS of people here who can help. At the very least shoot a video of the Emu being booted up directly from the PSP.

Give us something. Anything more than a simple video with questionable footage.

jOeBrO
August 1st, 2005, 05:49
If there at least willing to consider some of us beta testing the emu that is a huge factor in proving it COULD BE real. Of course, the fact that they've shown footage of only one game, they haven't shown the emu being booted up directly from the PSP and they won't release details...that still leaves MUCH room for disbelief. Initally I was already on board and ready to promote but after reading some of the posts and reexaming the video, there IS room to question it's authenticity.

If ANY of the developers are seeing these posts, notice what we're asking for. Release a demo, buggy or not...there are TONS of people here who can help. At the very least shoot a video of the Emu being booted up directly from the PSP.

Give us something. Anything more than a simple video with questionable footage.

screw my questions... i like this guys idea better :D

o2byzst
August 1st, 2005, 05:55
This is a fully optimized PlayStation emulator running on PSP... its just not as likely given the quality of most of the emulators on PSP. And it also looks like the graphics are fully optimized and perfect. Pete's plugin isn't even perfect... I just don't think this kid has a PSX emulator that optimized. There is just too much evidence disproving this video.

"Fully optimized" is just a bit wrong. We don't know what the emu is capable of doing. The video we see isn't exactly DVD quality and I didn't hear any sounds that would indicate "fully optimized". Let's be real about what we see here, we see what "Could be" an actual emulator. We see a few seconds of a game that we all want to play. Do we see enough to grasp that the fps are top notch? No. Do we see smooth and classic speeds? No. Do we even see a real fight to see what would happen with lots of enemies on screen? No.

Let's not just 'assume' and make crazy statements like "Fully Optimized" till either we have a working copy to see ourselves OR we get more footage or beta confirmation that this is real. It could still very well be a hoax...

Look at the emus for SNES and Genesis, they are constantly being updated so that they will one day be able to play EVERY title in their libraries without frameskipping and overclocking. They aren't even "fully optimized" yet. Let's just wait...hold out before we just call the guys a liar...like Kxploit and mem swaps...it COULD BE real.

Cross
August 1st, 2005, 05:55
lol two post Joe and they are both here :P glad to have ya and I think thats enough proof that this EMU means something to someone.

I think quite a few have already said they are going to do it, those that have not its their choice you can not make them choose what to do so either let them be wrong or we could be wrong, either way its not a huge thing lol, when in life is someone not wrong? :D

U don't count 1timeuser :p

o2byzst
August 1st, 2005, 05:56
Thanks Joe.

o2byzst
August 1st, 2005, 06:14
I very much agree Cross, someone's always wrong in every decision - big or small. This is just a wait and see what happens situation. Let's laugh it off, and let whatever happens, happen. I will glady admit I'm wrong if I am. For now...let's just wait and see.

jOeBrO
August 1st, 2005, 06:27
no problem o2byzst, i'm behind this guys decisions all the way, and i'll be glad to laugh this off cause we have one we know for sure is real in the making by pacmanFAN so we will eventually have one at playable speeds :)

its great to be welcomed so well :D

J sims
August 1st, 2005, 07:00
I think I'm leaning towards fake on this one. I mean if you look at the you'll notice 3 things. For one, I never used a PSX emulator that showed the SCEA and PlayStation logo. Thats a give away it was probably recorded off a TV. And I know some of you are fooled by him selecting the game from a menu, but that is also easily faked if you have some programming, java or flash knowledge. Take the raw TV record of FFVII, open a video editing tool and throw it together. Plus the video has 2 bars on the side, I have a TV turner and I've recorded video game footage off PS2 and PSX for music videos, and the TV Tuner has those 2 bars on the side.

Second give away the memory stick access light is flashing constantly. Thats a good sign its a video off of the PSP because usually emulators read from RAM and not a memory stick.

Third, its posted on a geocities site. I don't consider anything on geocities creditable.

I agree with everything you posted accept I seriously doubt that a psp with 32MBs of ram can run a emulator and a 500MB+ ps1 game from ram alone with out accessing the iso of the memory stick

Kaiser
August 1st, 2005, 07:05
"Fully optimized" is just a bit wrong. We don't know what the emu is capable of doing. The video we see isn't exactly DVD quality and I didn't hear any sounds that would indicate "fully optimized". Let's be real about what we see here, we see what "Could be" an actual emulator. We see a few seconds of a game that we all want to play. Do we see enough to grasp that the fps are top notch? No. Do we see smooth and classic speeds? No. Do we even see a real fight to see what would happen with lots of enemies on screen? No.

Your missing the point.

He wasn't saying it was "fully optimized" he was saying that anything looking so nice is got to be complete bullshit in laymens terms. Not that I agree with that though just clearing it up for you.

Ive been emailing the developers back and forth today a little bit
Thats a good sign because many hoaxes are created then left to be figured out.

I tink al dumm stoopid FFVII no go en ta cooking?
Shut up

PSP_Newbie
August 1st, 2005, 07:07
what they mean is that of course it has to access the card, but the thing is, when. when i watched it, i realized that: why did the mem stick access flash then, and not when it was loading the save game and the entire level that was loading... it would have flashed quite a bunch when loading the save game im sure cause it has to load the save and the level then, while it didnt look like it was accessing the card then, but later o.O?
i switch my vote from undecided and expectant to leaning farther towards fake^^

Omoikane
August 1st, 2005, 07:17
well if you just watch how his fingers move in conjunction with the game actions, they arent always in sync. like when he picks up the item right before the boss fight, he doesnt even move his finger to hit the action button (maybe i ts just me but i dont see his fingers move until after he picks it up). maybe im just trying too hard to find some fault with it since even the snes isnt up the speed. but i seriously doubt its real. i hope someone will continue to post information on this, id like to know if its real or not.

RedKing14CA
August 1st, 2005, 07:24
this one is fake, but a real one is in the works... trust me, this one is fake...

edit- yes it would stellorola.... yes it would....

stellarola
August 1st, 2005, 07:43
Bleem/cast coders...how I miss their talent so. They should do a psx emu for the psp, that would rock :D .

o2byzst
August 1st, 2005, 08:14
Kaiser, I got the point and yours as well. The reason I said what I said was to hopefully make him realize that what we saw wasn't "Fully Optimized". Saying something like that could very well be taken wrong. Just say it works or it's running. Either way, when I hear "Fully Optimized", I think of an emu or system that is utilizing everything it has to offer...which something in beta form can't. So next time, just say it's working...that's all.

(s)ANIT
August 1st, 2005, 08:19
I think its real, why would they fake things like that, for just attention, he will be more noticed when he realeses it then when he talks about it, cause why could it not be true? lol i really dont know iam juts trying to be pro for him

Sauron96
August 1st, 2005, 08:21
Like my dream last night with 2 women at once...

I wanted it to be real....

....but deep down I knew it wasn't.........

(s)ANIT
August 1st, 2005, 08:23
how funny? what are u saying? it could be real?

Bloodsack
August 1st, 2005, 08:44
I don't know what to think???

It does look fake...

Someone said in a earier post (that If it's running, then why isn't out?)

I agree with that.

Fluff
August 1st, 2005, 08:52
It's fake, heres the reasons.
1) At the start of the video he purposely holds the psp lower then what's viewable, so you cant see the Play icon from starting up the movie file.
2) Not only are the button pressed badly timed (Some are too early, some are too late, that doesnt speak 'processing lag' to me.
3) Why does he even bother pressing buttons until the "Sony computer entertainment europe" logo appears?
4) on the 'menu' at the beginning, (assuming its homebrew a simple menu wont have lag now would it? :/), he rotates the analog stick and for the first two at least its on time, then the third one is highlighted before his finger even reaches the left.. and once his fingers at the top, theres a small pause before the menu jumps to the top again., like i said, button lag is one thing, buttons moving before youve even touched the controls = fake.

And i ask you this, if you coded a psp emulator, you'd know the controls right?, so why would he keep his finger on the stick way into the video if he knew the gameplay was dpad? >_>,..
could do much better than that, hell even fake the whole launching of homebrew using some skill and flash with a swf>avi converter

there IS a real psx emu being worked on by pacmanfan i just hope this ff7 bull doesnt have noobs claiming pacmanfan's work is fake mistaking it for this lame thing

Pedro
August 1st, 2005, 13:05
you know.. they could have just ripped a gameplay movie and encoded it and played it on psp... not a big deal.
Exactly my thoughts, to me it looks like a video being played on the PSP. Look very closely at when he presses a button to close dialog boxes in the game, he's done a good job at the timing, but they're not perfect.

Greensky
August 1st, 2005, 13:39
If he did encode a video, he really got his button presses in fairly good timing. Why would someone take time out of their lives to fool their own fellow gaming community? What do these kinds of people get out of it?

Xarius
August 1st, 2005, 15:02
hmm, i never see the hold button on in the video i just realised, it COULD be REAL

Yeah. You never see the hold button because he doesn't want you to see that it's active.

If he did encode a video, he really got his button presses in fairly good timing. Why would someone take time out of their lives to fool their own fellow gaming community? What do these kinds of people get out of it?

Because the world is full of A-holes, cheaters, and idiots. You haven't figured that out yet? Mainly, someone would do this so he could come on forums such as this and read the 7 page thread about people arguing it's validity. It amuses them.

Shapyi
August 1st, 2005, 15:59

Let's not just 'assume' and make crazy statements like "Fully Optimized" till either we have a working copy to see ourselves OR we get more footage or beta confirmation that this is real. It could still very well be a hoax...

Look at the emus for SNES and Genesis, they are constantly being updated so that they will one day be able to play EVERY title in their libraries without frameskipping and overclocking. They aren't even "fully optimized" yet. Let's just wait...hold out before we just call the guys a liar...like Kxploit and mem swaps...it COULD BE real.

It was just a general statement, no need to jump all over me. I don't think he has an emulator... so its probably capable of nothing.

I agree with everything you posted accept I seriously doubt that a psp with 32MBs of ram can run a emulator and a 500MB+ ps1 game from ram alone with out accessing the iso of the memory stick

I'm not saying it would. Well an emulator would just load what files it needs into memory... not the whole ISO... an ISO isn't a ROM after all.

BlackxKnight
August 1st, 2005, 16:28
ill keep my hopes up and say its legit.....but i usually say the glass is half full. i think it would have to read from the memory stick wouldnt it....theres no way that it could dump the whole cd's data into the memory of the psp.

if this does come out and works nice i hope sombody come up with a program to transfer accual disks to the PSP like you put the cd in your computer and it transfers the iso or whatever it rips from the cd and slaps it on your psp's memory stick then deletes the rip from your computer so it couldnt be distributed....idk to keep it legal. so we can discus it on here :P

duckman06
August 1st, 2005, 17:51
whats the developers name?? and where is he from? also.. how do you know who the dev is, i dont see why you didnt post who he was in the beggining :confused:

no disrespect... just curious is all :confused:

Francis Bueveau or something and Steve Campbell. It said who was developing it in the intro flash movie thing on their website. I don't know where their from... I didn't post it because I just didn't think of it really, I wasn't sure if anyone else knew about it. But yeah all the info I found on their website which was updated today by the way.

duckman06
August 1st, 2005, 18:13
Hmmm I dont know why they even put their site up on geocities. Its down I think for the month because of exceeded bandwidth. Well they posted a mirror site when it was up http://playspsteve.tripod.com thats the one that was updated today, sorry forgot to mention that.

Sauron96
August 1st, 2005, 18:17
"beta copies available"

..........that would settle the fake/not fake argument............

J@F
August 1st, 2005, 18:20
I wouldn't give them any address you don't want to get spammed though.

Omoikane
August 1st, 2005, 18:26
has anyone downloaded it and scanned for viruses or the like? i really wanna try this out but i dont want to have to reformat because of some a-holes trojan.

Kaiser
August 1st, 2005, 18:33
September 1st is the so called release date.
The webpage is actually well done considering its on tripod.

the email used for contact is [email protected]

This is the FAQ and I quote...

QUESTION:If your emulator is running so good why don't you just release it?
ANSWER:Because we have a feeling we may be shut down by Sony as soon as we release our emulator. we want to work out as many bugs as we can before releasing the emulator. It's ready when It's ready.

QUESTION:Your video looks fake, key presses are off. blah blah...
ANSWER: There are many bugs still in our emulator. It's not perfect. We have the video up so people know what to expect when we release it. If you think its fake then stop wasting your time and get on with life. Wait for the release. Nuff said

QUESTION:So, who are the developers?
ANSWER: Steve Campbell and Francis Buevea. Wev'e(sic) been working on the emu for some time and haven't felt a need to pubically announce it when we didn't plan on releasing it yet. The emulator runs fairly smooth now and so we expect it to be ready for publice release on September 1st.

QUESTION:Ok then, if you won't release your emulator yet how bout posting more videos and/or screens?
ANSWER: There should be more vids and screens later this week.

QUESTION:Why Show FFVII
ANSWER: Simply put, FFVII is the greates RPG of all time. In our opinion of course. And its one of the games that runs good on the emulator.

By the way there official website is here (http://playspsteve.tripod.com/)

chronoswing
August 1st, 2005, 19:06
Hmmm, I don't know, I suppose someone could go through all that trouble to fake us, but then again... it could just as much be real. Guess we'll find out in a month...

Omoikane
August 1st, 2005, 19:09
well they are obviously proficient enough with flash to make that menu... just like the one in the intro to the movie. i still think its a fake, something like that requires maybe one day. perhaps its real id really like that. fake or not im interested though

xuphorz
August 1st, 2005, 19:17
my vote fake

here's my reason why, he is playing FF7 perfectly.
HOW? the snes emulator isn't perfect yet, and it's probly been in development longer that this.

BarfHappy
August 1st, 2005, 19:40
I think it is fake. I used to have a cover-less PSX and i remember that when on such screen, the disk was not accessed (no shiiiiik shiiiiik) since everything including music (midi style) was in RAM. Here you can see the MS led working, meaning there would be a loading on CD while in fact in the game there was none.

D-Boy
August 1st, 2005, 20:24
Well I have emailed about the beta copies so we shall see what the reply is

J@F
August 1st, 2005, 20:37
QUESTION:If your emulator is running so good why don't you just release it?
ANSWER:Because we have a feeling we may be shut down by Sony as soon as we release our emulator. we want to work out as many bugs as we can before releasing the emulator.
that's a good point, sony would probably try to shut them down.

not saying it isnt fake, but dont say its fake before you dont know, most ppl said just that when kxploit was announced......

That's a little apples to oranges.

true alot of people thought it was fake; but there really wasn't any use debating it's authenticity (and there were many reasons why It could be real, annoucement by same people as swaploit, a video that showed everything in action, though some parts of the psp weren't shown, only reason people doubted, is because of pessimism, people didn't think they could have there cake (1.5 firmware) and eat it too (homebrew that practically worked as easily as 1.0 firmware)) because it claimed, and was , to be released the next day.

Cap'n 1time
August 1st, 2005, 20:58
here is the complete faq. I made a screen capture (cause the site is done in flash) of it.

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8712/psplayfaq9wr.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BlackxKnight
August 1st, 2005, 21:11
if this comes out and kicks butt i will cry if what happend to bleem happends to them. im glad they are keeping it under wraps until its ready.

PSP_Newbie
August 1st, 2005, 21:19
well, this sounds like a good ol' fashioned wait and see what happens, as not much more can be gain with further discussion. we'll see what happens if they release a beta or some more pics/videos

jOeBrO
August 1st, 2005, 22:50
i just tried emailing them and postmaster replied saying it failed... anyone actually got to them

Cap'n 1time
August 1st, 2005, 22:52
i just tried emailing them and postmaster replied saying it failed... anyone actually got to them

me too.. somebody might have spammed his inbox.

nexis2600
August 1st, 2005, 22:57
Hey guys, Don't forget.

Pretty much everybody though the Neo CD emulator was fake when pictures were first posted (long before the release finaly happen). Then one day "wala" a build showed up working (a bit slow tho). Now we have a pretty solid Neo CD port that runs at almost full speeds on most games. Not to mention the Neo CD is a pretty powerful 2d system.

quzar
August 1st, 2005, 23:02
Like has been said by many before in this topic: We will wait and see. All this has been so far is a back and forth argument over a few scraps of info, which while having merit, are all possible to fake.

Until something is actually released, topic locked.

p.s.- I've noticed that in the past some people have not really understood the concept of a locked topic and simply continue the discussion in another thread, consider yourself warned not to do this.