PDA

View Full Version : I have a japanese PSP..

Nickk
January 17th, 2008, 19:45
I have a Japanese PSP, so the X and O buttons are round the wrong way.

X is cancel and O is confirm. Is there any way to change this back?

I have a fat PSP with 2.80 firmware.

JKKDARK
January 17th, 2008, 19:50
mm no.

The only way to change it back is selling your japanese PSP and get an american or european PSP.

Axelius
January 17th, 2008, 20:29
JKKDARK is just being an idiot, of course there is a way to fix this:

First of all you have to downgrade your PSP as Sony prevents us from using our non-licensed programs on the PSP in higher firmwares. Luckily the downgrader for 2.80 is rather easy to use. (Just google for 2.80 Easy downgrader)
This tool downgrades your PSP to 1.50. This old firmware is, however, pretty limited. But you are able to use non-Sony programs now (called homebrew).

To be able to use all the features of Sony's newer firmwares without losing the homebrew support you have to upgrade to a custom firmware. (There are many recent threads on the frontpage about Dark_alex'es newest firmware 3.80-M33-4)

So get the files needed to upgrade to this custom firmware and follow the instructions. After some minutes you should be on the newest custom firmware.

To come back to your first problem. This firmware has something called Recovery menu. You can access it by pressing R on startup. In this menu you can change various options, mostly only interesting for advanced users. But there is also an option to swap the O and X buttons.

All this may sound confusing, but it's the best thing to do. Really.

By the way: This is my 400th post. At last! And I'm even doing something good by telling this new user something really useful :) (and by saying that JKKDARK is an idiot...)