PDA

View Full Version : halo 2 map pack question

xuphorz
August 1st, 2005, 16:34
if someone were to make exact replicas of the maps from map pack in 3DS, and then spread them accross the internet with minor changes (different weapon locations, for exaple), would that be considered illegal?

Onetonbullet
August 2nd, 2005, 02:06
www.halomods.com

People have been modding halo for years...

Mental2k
August 3rd, 2005, 00:16
Because that answered his question.

And yes it probably would be illegal, it'd be like re-writing a book that someone else wrote and just changing the names, JK ould not apporve of larry potter (the Barry Potter series is a parody and so cannot be considered plagerism, plus its not a complete rip off).

Stop being a warezy scobe and go out and buy the map pack.

xuphorz
August 3rd, 2005, 20:12
Because that answered his question.

And yes it probably would be illegal, it'd be like re-writing a book that someone else wrote and just changing the names, JK ould not apporve of larry potter (the Barry Potter series is a parody and so cannot be considered plagerism, plus its not a complete rip off).

Stop being a warezy scobe and go out and buy the map pack.

i have it.
i just want to make the maps in the map pack for halo pc also.

Cap'n 1time
August 3rd, 2005, 20:43
i have it.
i just want to make the maps in the map pack for halo pc also.

I did some conversion of Halo 2 stuff for Unreal Tournament 2k4 (I was told by O'conner in an email and tell me to quite :D )

The only way your gonna see halo 2 maps on Halo PC is if you create them from scratch.

Mental2k
August 3rd, 2005, 23:54
I apologise, my bad, hmm in that situation, probably still illegal, but at the same time justifiable. might get away with resonable use, however if bungee decide to do halo 2/map pack for pc then it would no longer fall under reasonable use, and if so your maps would be a bit illegal, and already distributed. its a tepid issue.

once again apologies.

Coley
August 7th, 2005, 12:14
Yes, its probli illegal if u can do it but what isnt illegal
when it comes computers