PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Data (not the icons in xmb)

Cormin
January 20th, 2008, 08:41
Hey guys, I've been having a few problems when transfering data to my memory stick sometimes. It doesnt matter big or small it just does it randomly. I've been using a psp since fw2.50 I know most of the stuff about it

lets say i want to install an emulator on my psp, i extract it to my desktop, then move it over to my psp... i try to open it and i see a corrupt data icon... i think okay just a kernal problem no big deal... so i move it to game150 and its still corrupt... i look at my card thru the usb, theres no files inside of the folder also i cant delete the folder... i look at the folder in iRshell and inside are billions of filenames that are just squares

this has happend before, i just back up my data, reformat... then itll work later usualy, im sick of reformating

i use 3.80m33-4... this also happend on 3.72m33... i use vista with the official sony usb cable and an official sony 8gb memory card... ta-082

are there any programs (pc or psp) that i can delete these corrupt files?

bah
January 20th, 2008, 09:07
Check Disc (right click the drive in windows, properties, 'tools' tab, 'check now' button, tick both boxes and hit start) might do something.

It's strange that something is corrupting the data over and over, the using an 8gb memory stick and homebrew (that writes to the card) that uses the 1.5 kernel could quite likely be your problem.
Format it then try using only 3.xx firmware homebrew for a while and see if it still happens.

Cloudhunter
January 20th, 2008, 10:14
Hey guys, I've been having a few problems when transfering data to my memory stick sometimes. It doesnt matter big or small it just does it randomly. I've been using a psp since fw2.50 I know most of the stuff about it

lets say i want to install an emulator on my psp, i extract it to my desktop, then move it over to my psp... i try to open it and i see a corrupt data icon... i think okay just a kernal problem no big deal... so i move it to game150 and its still corrupt... i look at my card thru the usb, theres no files inside of the folder also i cant delete the folder... i look at the folder in iRshell and inside are billions of filenames that are just squares

this has happend before, i just back up my data, reformat... then itll work later usualy, im sick of reformating

i use 3.80m33-4... this also happend on 3.72m33... i use vista with the official sony usb cable and an official sony 8gb memory card... ta-082

are there any programs (pc or psp) that i can delete these corrupt files?

If it's 1.50 homebrew, there's a chance that if it's on the last 4GB of the memory stick then it probably won't work.

Either that, or it's a fake memory stick.

Cloudy

Cormin
January 20th, 2008, 20:38
I got the card from a vendor from hong kong... over ebay... for 80 bucks =P

it came in the original sony packaging and i compared it to my 2gb sony (bought at target) it looks like a pretty damn good copy even if it is fake... the write speed is pretty nice too, just like the 2gb card

its not only 1.5 stuff thats corrupting, i copied an iso that a friend and i were going to adhoc together with, but it decided to corrupt

"Bah" ill try your idea

Edit: Woot! it worked! very cool... thanks =D

bah
January 21st, 2008, 05:04
Glad to help. Which worked, check disk deleting the corrupt files or avoiding 1.5 apps gives no corruption?

If all the apps work on the 2gb card and there is never any corruption then it has to be the card (either its fake, or issues with the 8gb size and firmware 1.5).

Cormin
January 21st, 2008, 05:46
Glad to help. Which worked, check disk deleting the corrupt files or avoiding 1.5 apps gives no corruption?

If all the apps work on the 2gb card and there is never any corruption then it has to be the card (either its fake, or issues with the 8gb size and firmware 1.5).

i did check disk, it found something, then i was able to delete the files manually

i think its a fake card, but still somewhat good quality... its pretty much an exact copy of the sony one... i compared it to my 2gb card and looking at how the card folds into itself on the edges you can tell its not sony's cuz its a little thicker.. also sony's cards have a white line in ink on the bottom of the back, the one i have has a white line sticker in that spot.. i still love this card, its fast like the official cards and its huge... also cheap as hell.. now i know how to fix its only downfall without reformatting cuz sending 8gb of data back to it is not fun

bah
January 21st, 2008, 05:55
Check Disk might fix the problems of the undeletable files (file system errors), but the original files themselves could still be corrupt and cause things not to run.

I guess if it works well enough for you to be happy then all is well :)