PDA

View Full Version : Do you need to upgrade. . . . .

YourStillWithMe
August 1st, 2005, 18:42
For those of you that had (have) 1.0's and have played Dead To Rights:Reckoning. . . .how exactly does the upgrade that comes with the game work? Do you NEED to upgrade to play the game? or can you avoid it? please post! I have heard that when you look at the game (with the UMD disc icon) an update option appears or something to that extent. . .is it avoidable people!? or is it just another way for Sony to advertise the update? and if you select it by accident you can get out of it right???

Zephyroth_drgs
August 1st, 2005, 19:45
i dont have it but as i know it auto upgrades n u need it to play it

J sims
August 1st, 2005, 19:53
The upgrade won't happen if you have less than 50% battery life and also to upgrade the psp has to be pluged into the charge.

So as long as you are not plugged into the charger you shouldn't have to worry about mistakingly upgrading.

J sims
August 1st, 2005, 19:53
The upgrade won't happen if you have less than 50% battery life and also to upgrade the psp has to be pluged into the charge.

So as long as you are not plugged into the charger you shouldn't have to worry about mistakingly upgrading.

JcBoyCool
August 1st, 2005, 21:34
There is 2 ways to avoid this.
1. Download a app that forces the umd to load on its own without updating (would post a link but idk if admin will get mad)
2. Use a DTR:R launcher. If you download the iso and put it on your memory stick you can remove the update folder. Then use the launcher to play the game.

BTW DTR:R is not a amazing game. I would give it a 6/10 But i have not played the whole thing yet.

Omoikane
August 1st, 2005, 21:48
thats what i was plannin on doin with gta when it came out. buy it rip it and play without the update. :D

aseddon130
August 4th, 2005, 02:07
even if it does upgrade you, it only upgrades to 1.5 ... which is better in my opinion !!!

like JcBoy says, the game isnt that good anyways, and that score is just right !!!

bill00000
August 6th, 2005, 03:09
I think GTA will be so popular that if it forces an upgrade, there will be a homebrew bypass for it within days of it's release. If there isn't, I'm gonna have to make some tough choices...