PDA

View Full Version : Nesterdc

nothingman
August 1st, 2005, 18:58
Hi again, i have a few questions regarding this emulator.
Since im still very much a novice, i dont how to burn roms and the emulator on the same disk using nero.
The system i currently use for dreamsnes is to load the emulator up and then replace the disk with a disk full of snes roms and load them up from that and this works fine, but i was unable to do the same with nester(v3.0), the emulator loaded and then i replaced the disk with the rom disk but this message came up
There are no games in the /games dir
enter a cd with games in the /games dir and press the start button

So should i create a folder called /games and then put the roms into the folder and burn this on to the disk ?

Any advice would be great, also, if your wondering i want to use nero as i havent got to grips with the other software yet
Cheers
Darren

Eric
August 1st, 2005, 19:07
yes you should created a folder called games on the root of the cd and then include the roms in that very directory and it should work well for you

nothingman
August 2nd, 2005, 10:07
Thanks Eric it worked a treat, but some of the games i tried to load came up with a unknown mapper error.Is nester v3 out of date and could it be a dodgy rom?
Cheers
Darren

quzar
August 2nd, 2005, 10:19
NesterDC 7.1+ is the newest availible.

nothingman
August 2nd, 2005, 13:26
hi do u know where i can download the newest version as a nero image
cheers

nothingman
August 2nd, 2005, 15:20
I have thhe program bootdreams on my computer now so i should be able to create my own nero image of nesterdc 7.1 but i cant find a user guide for bootdreams.I searched the forums and found this but it didnt mean a whole lot to me
1. creat a new folder
2. copy your binary file (and any other files roms etc.) into it
3. copy a IP.BIN into it
4. run bootdreams and point in to your new folder & click create image
Any advice?

Eric
August 3rd, 2005, 18:10
Okay what you do is burn the bootdreams image to a blank cd-r. Then with your NesterDC and rom you put them on another CD but dont forget to include that games folder and put the roms in there. Thats basically what a multisession disk is. Place your bootdreams disk in the dreamcast.

Then when it loads up to a screen that kind of looks like DOS place your NesterDC disk in and i believe you have to reload the disk. Once done the 1ST_READ.bin and all other files should be on the screen. What you want to do is open the 1ST_READ.bin and the emu will boot and from there you will know what to do.

Eric