PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Begging to Start DC Emulation

Cenak
September 6th, 2004, 17:08
Ok So I Have Dowloaded ChankastAlpha025 and Daemon Tools.
When i Go to Start it up (Dosen't help i dont have any image files either) it says

'This Application has failed to start beacuse d3d9.dll was not found.'

Is there anyway i can get that file?

WHurricane16
September 6th, 2004, 17:43
Yes, download and install Direct X 9.0 ;)

Cenak
September 9th, 2004, 13:10
Yes but where do i get it and i have the latest ver. of direct X

wraggster
September 9th, 2004, 14:03
best to redownload from microsofts site

better still check out www.emutalk.net the official chankast forums

Cenak
September 9th, 2004, 14:06
What do u mean form microsofts site?

also redownloaded it dosent give me the file and i have restrictions on my internet acess

Eric
September 9th, 2004, 18:53
my computer sucks and cant get direct X9 and its last years model my problem is its a crappy A-sys card and dont know how many mags it is i would put that as a caution to anyone who has a crappy video card like mine

Cenak
September 10th, 2004, 14:41
That dosent help

Mental2k
September 10th, 2004, 15:58
Here you go. *And I hope those arent illegal image files to which you refer...
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3d9

Cenak
September 10th, 2004, 17:46
thank you i was lokig all over for it and no i have my own LEGAL image files to use

Cenak
September 10th, 2004, 17:59
Ok so i put the dll in the chankast folder right i go to start it up and.....

'The procedure entry point DdEntry10 could not be located in the dynamic link libary DDRAW.dll'

i am confuzzled again..

by the way i dont have the file DDRAW.dll
all the downloads never give me any files ???

MetaFox
September 10th, 2004, 19:16

'The procedure entry point DdEntry10 could not be located in the dynamic link libary DDRAW.dll'

i am confuzzled again..

all the downloads never give me any files ???Reinstall DirectX 9c. Something's screwed up in your DirectX installation.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

Cenak
September 10th, 2004, 19:39
all i can find is direct x 9b

Cenak
September 10th, 2004, 19:40
Wow, Im sry i misread and thought u said 9a but now i see its 9c

MetaFox
September 10th, 2004, 19:41
OMG Im sry i misread and thought u said 9a but now i see its 9cI did - heh - you didn't misread. I'm behind the times, and was thinking that 9a was the latest one until I went to the DirectX site. :P

Cenak
September 10th, 2004, 19:53

i am confuzzled again..

all the downloads never give me any files ???

Re installed DirectX too

Cenak
October 3rd, 2004, 09:22
Is ANYONE GOING TO ANSWER??

Eric
October 3rd, 2004, 10:52
best thing i can answer with and which i told you last month and you said was a pointless post is that it is not compatible with your video card

Thanks

Eric

Cenak
October 3rd, 2004, 14:13
Umm Yea.... I DONT HAVE A CRAPPY VIDEO CARD!

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 is what i have

quzar
October 3rd, 2004, 18:22
Umm Yea.... I DONT HAVE A CRAPPY VIDEO CARD!

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 is what i have

that statement is oxymoronic

and just plain moronic.

Eric
October 3rd, 2004, 18:38
i think this guy has got to calm down same with the rest of the people who put me down cause i am trying to help i dont know what the heck is up with that

Cenak
October 4th, 2004, 15:25
First of all Eric had said *WARING to people with a CRAPPY video card*
The Statement is not moronic I was giving my specs to show that it is not and to try to get some dam help

MetaFox
October 4th, 2004, 17:48
The Statement is not moronic I was giving my specs to show that it is not and to try to get some dam helpWell, it is "crappy" if you want to play Chankast. Your video card isn't supported.

Go out and buy a Radeon card. They're cheap, and effective. I have a Radeon 9600 that I bought for $79, and I couldn't be happier.

EDIT: There's supposedly an "nvidia fix" for Chankast, but I don't know anything about it since I don't have an nvidia video card.

Cenak
October 6th, 2004, 15:35
You know just beacuse the emulator dosent support a Nvidea card does not mean the card is crappy!

Cenak
October 20th, 2004, 14:57
Any help would be useful. This is a "HELP" forum and inside the forum is this help thread!

GPF
October 20th, 2004, 16:13
Have you tried updating your video drivers or rolling back your drivers to an older version? Do you have problems with other DirectX applications ?

I have a onboard intel 82845G video and it works fine on my machine at work,

Good Luck

Troy

kujo29
October 23rd, 2004, 06:44
d3d9.dll did i read right u put it in the chankast folder... anyways make a copy of it and stick it in c:\windows\system cos thats where it is on my comp and thats where ddraw.dll is located also.... find the ddraw.dll.... i recall having probs with a cheapo webcam had to find alot of dll's to get it to work...so all i did was find the files it said was missing d/l'd them i think i got them all from http://www.dll-files.com/ installed em into the relevent places and hey presto said cam worked.... so in theory the same should apply to you get whats missing put em in the right places and you should be good to go ;D

Eric
October 23rd, 2004, 07:43
The Statement is not moronic I was giving my specs to show that it is not and to try to get some dam help

Its crappy for the emulator if it doesnt work for it sorry to burst your bubble buddy but we have also tried helping you many of times. You keep getting pissed off you latched out at me i didnt latch out at you. I was lending out a helping hand. Now that Metafox talked about a nvidea fix plugin check that out if it doesnt work sorry your card wont work with it and its not that its a bad one its just no good with the emu.

Eric

Cap'n 1time
October 23rd, 2004, 11:05
I have watched this for a while.

You could get something that runs DC games at better quality you know... but im not going to tell you how, its a secret.
.................................................. ....................

BUY A DREAMCAST YOU FOOL!!!

Chankast has turned into the childish warezer's dream. I doubt you have any legal images and dont bother people with the bull crap about you having homebrews because 98% of them dont run on Chankast. damnit your computer wont run it. Can you just live with that?

Do you see the rest of the *REAL* DC community playing with chankast? NO! You know why?! Because a real DC dosnt have all the problems that a emulator made for warez kiddies who dont know anything, and have no respect for anyone has.

ps. your vidio card isnt that great.
:o

Some one should lock this topic before this kid starts a war.

Eric
October 23rd, 2004, 18:47
1timeuser no emulator is legal just think about cause if a NES emulator aloud you to pop in a good ol nintendo cartrage that would be legal but they are illegal rips in order to play. As for chankast same thing and every rom that you play on either of these its only legal if you have the game the only thing illegal about it is the bios i believe.

EDIT:Also the emulator is still up for download so if it was that illegal it would have been taken down by now

Eric

Cap'n 1time
October 23rd, 2004, 21:00
Damnit Eric, that whole reply just totally pissed me off. thanks alot...

I said that because HE IS FOR SURE USING ILLEGAL DISK IMAGES AS HE IS TOO STUPID TO SET UP THE ****ING EMULATOR SO WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE RIPPED HIS OWN DREAMCAST DISK AND MADE HIS OWN IMAGES?!?>! ITS OBVIOUSE THAT HE DOWNLOADED THEM OFF THE INTERNET JUST LIKE ALL THE STUPID KIDS OUT THERE THAT HAVE NO LIFE AND ENJOY WASTING BANDWITH. DID THANKS FOR REMIDNIND ME ABOUT THE BIOS BECAUSE THIS MORON WILL PROBABLY DOWNLOAD THAT TOO., GOD DAMNIT!

yah... edit my post.... im too tired. i got a warning i know... sorry.

Eric
October 23rd, 2004, 23:35
hey calm down there buddy what i have said is true and how do you know that he doesnt already have a dreamcast with these games if he has said it already then i guess your in the right but i wasnt out to piss you off geez what is this attack Eric day or somethin

Eric

kujo29
October 24th, 2004, 06:55
Whats the difference between 14yrs and 17yrs .... 3yrs and maybe a bigger shoe size ... lighten up ppl ;D

Cap'n 1time
October 24th, 2004, 07:37
RAWR! It was late, sorry eric, you know im your buddy :)

Eric
October 24th, 2004, 09:55
True we are only mad at one person just joking. You all kick cause your doing your work bring people things they want for the price of nothing

Eric

Cenak
October 30th, 2004, 16:43
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Listen Just Beacuse i am Fourtenn dosen't mean that i am a moronic n00b That registers into every forum he sees to start FU**ing WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE MY OWN DREAMCAST; Plenty of Games and Alochol 120% so YOU KNOW WHAT........
I Have plenty of emulators on my Computer and Why???......... * *BEACUSE I am NOT*****(NOT!!!!) an only child and would like to play dreamcast games when i want to.
Now i hope that you see i was never trying to start a war; Dis anybody; or put anyone down or be put down. I hope you see my point and sorry if i have offended anybody
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

The One and Only Cenak

Cenak
October 30th, 2004, 16:51
Hey this is the third very hot topic

lol i kno off subject

Cap'n 1time
October 30th, 2004, 17:39
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Listen Just Beacuse i am Fourtenn dosen't mean that i am a moronic n00b That registers into every forum he sees to start FU**ing WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE MY OWN DREAMCAST; Plenty of Games and Alochol 120% so YOU KNOW WHAT........
I Have plenty of emulators on my Computer and Why???......... BEACUSE I am NOT*****(NOT!!!!) an only child and would like to play dreamcast games when i want to.
Now i hope that you see i was never trying to start a war; Dis anybody; or put anyone down or be put down. I hope you see my point and sorry if i have offended anybody
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

The One and Only Cenak

just wanted to point out that your whole statment makes you sound like a child. just because you have alcohol 120% and a dreamcast dosnt mean you know how to rip dreamcast games (its not just ripping an iso like on psx) and that you need to take a huge chill pill. not everyone was meant to have chankast, and if you have your own dreamcast play that, as its much better quality than an emulator ever will be.

Eric
October 30th, 2004, 18:35
You need to have a serial cable and the rest i dont know and wouldnt tell cause its illegal. That or find sites it shouldnt be that hard cause its like finding NES roms. Samething you will hear everywhere although what your doing is illegal.

Cenak
October 31st, 2004, 18:10
Ok listen i started this topic off in a good way and you people make me look bad.
So i am goingto disregard some of this so i can get hlp.
PLUS, if you have an emulator you must have Dreamcast right...... i Mean to own it Legally u have to own the system and the games you are playing.
So what is YOUR Reason for Downloading an Emulator?????????? :-/

curt_grymala
November 1st, 2004, 10:59
Actually - you don't have to own the system, just the games, AFAIK. Actually, in a lot of cases, it's illegal to have commercial roms whether you own the game or not.

Anyway - with that set aside, I download emus mostly to play homebrew games. If you took the time to check out the various homebrew scenes, you would find that there are quite a few fantastic games out there. The GBA has some amazing homebrew. Obviously the DC has some great homebrew. And on and on.

Cap'n 1time
November 1st, 2004, 11:44
Actually - you don't have to own the system, just the games, AFAIK. Actually, in a lot of cases, it's illegal to have commercial roms whether you own the game or not.

Anyway - with that set aside, I download emus mostly to play homebrew games. If you took the time to check out the various homebrew scenes, you would find that there are quite a few fantastic games out there. The GBA has some amazing homebrew. Obviously the DC has some great homebrew. And on and on.

You kind of need a actuall DC to get the bios.

I think it was also decided its illegal to rip the games even if you own the actuall copy that was ripped. Dont take my word for it, but I've heard that somewhere (and i think thats kind of stupid if its true).

Just play your dreamcast. It's better.

quzar
November 1st, 2004, 12:32
I think it was also decided its illegal to rip the games even if you own the actuall copy that was ripped. Dont take my word for it, but I've heard that somewhere (and i think thats kind of stupid if its true).

In the USA it is legal. Under fair use you are allowed to have archival backups in whatever format you wish to back it up. The problem is that you cannot copy the files directly to a CD because most DC games are larger than the size of a CD. Warezed games usually rely on downsampled movies and sounds or have the sounds and movies completely ripped from them.

As far as I know chankast does not have the ability to play GDs as there is no way for a windows machine do to so at all. (maybe a virtual drive mounting tool that allowed for the mounting of GD-Rom Images would help[which btw does not exist]).

milfzor
November 1st, 2004, 15:58
couldnt ya just dump them however its done to a selfbooting cdi formatted image and mount it basically as an extra large cd? im not SURE that it would work that way, but thats about my best guess.....and i didn't heed the warning about the "crappy video card" i got a 64mb pci card, and i got it running on my system.....so...disreguard that warning completely

quzar
November 1st, 2004, 16:41
couldnt ya just dump them however its done to a selfbooting cdi formatted image and mount it basically as an extra large cd? im not SURE that it would work that way, but thats about my best guess.....and i didn't heed the warning about the "crappy video card" i got a 64mb pci card, and i got it running on my system.....so...disreguard that warning completely

The file system is different from CDFS so no virtual drive would be able to mount it.

Cenak
November 2nd, 2004, 22:22
Yea well so what can i play on the emulator???????