PDA

View Full Version : Honestly can't tell if this is fake or not (N64 emu video on PSP)

insane
August 1st, 2005, 23:08
Found it on the ED2K network (on Razorback, hash 1212607EDCF346007F9BF511CEF1042D3B7933). Though seeing how most of you probably don't use eMule/eDonkey, I upped it here:

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0XJ0V5TJ88H2J0G4I0V7JLL15H

spare link if above runs out: http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2LKFVLD96MUK80SGKIBEI1SAHZ

I'm usually good at spotting trickery, but aside from the blurryness of the video, I can't find anything.......

Cap'n 1time
August 1st, 2005, 23:09
anything released on edonkey is either warez or viral horse crap, i reccomend you delete that from your hardrive and you remove it from this thread.

insane
August 1st, 2005, 23:12
anything released on edonkey is either warez or viral horse crap, i reccomend you delete that from your hardrive and you remove it from this thread.

I'd agree if this were an archive or an application. This is just a .MOV video. McAfee didn't report anything when I played it.

D-Boy
August 1st, 2005, 23:45
Well it does look real to me but...there's always that doubt when it's a video like with the psx we will have to wait and see

xuphorz
August 2nd, 2005, 00:02
this is very fake.
how the hell does he go from the intro screen to the bowser fight in a split second???

Bloodsack
August 2nd, 2005, 00:03
Psone now this....I mean If all these emulators are working full speed. Why in the hell aren't they out? hmmmm?

It because their all FAKE!

insane
August 2nd, 2005, 00:11
this is very fake.
how the hell does he go from the intro screen to the bowser fight in a split second???

You've never played Mario64 before? If you don't hit any button after a while, it goes from the into to a demo. That's why "Press Start" is blinking in the lower-left. ;)

Psone now this....I mean If all these emulators are working full speed. Why in the hell aren't they out? hmmmm?
It because their all FAKE!

Yeah word. And if they're real but not finished the least they could do is release an eboot with a disclaimer reading "disclaimer: this emu is at an early stage and SUCKS" or something. Like PacManFan's PSX

parabolee
August 2nd, 2005, 00:20
Seriously when as a homebrew EMU or APP ever been released as a MOVIE before an alpha or a beta?

Never to my knowledge. As far as I can recall every single video footage of something running on PSP was released as possible news of something it has been flase.

GTA, WinPSP, N64, PSone, I even remember footage of a Nintendo emulator before they had managed to crack 1.00. I'll believe it when I see it posted as legit news and not a video.

xuphorz
August 2nd, 2005, 00:40
You've never played Mario64 before? If you don't hit any button after a while, it goes from the into to a demo. That's why "Press Start" is blinking in the lower-left. ;)

Yeah word. And if they're real but not finished the least they could do is release an eboot with a disclaimer reading "disclaimer: this emu is at an early stage and SUCKS" or something. Like PacManFan's PSX

oh, i've played it, but never watched the tv long enough to see the demo thingie

nexis2600
August 2nd, 2005, 00:40
Interesting. I wait to see if a release comes about to see if it's really real or not.

Interesting things that make me believe it's somewhat real.

1) Poor framerate
2) Many polygon errors in the bowser battle. Something they would have not gone though the trouble of screwing up if they just wanted to release a fake.

If anybody is currious. It's pretty accurate in terms of the if you let mario64 idle. It will eventualy show the first bowser battle (which is what it did).

insane
August 2nd, 2005, 01:04
Whoa! I didn't know yousendit capped downloads to 25. Edited original message with a spare.

quzar
August 2nd, 2005, 01:10
The polygon errors are probably caused by the fact that if it was recorded, it would be much easier to make a video from a PC emulator. All you would have to do is find an old/buggy video plugin to grab the video errors.

insane
August 2nd, 2005, 01:16
The polygon errors are probably caused by the fact that if it was recorded, it would be much easier to make a video from a PC emulator. All you would have to do is find an old/buggy video plugin to grab the video errors.

Yup. More often than not, on my old comp, I'd get these kinds of polygon glitches.

Still, how did they manage to boot a video from the memory stick area?

D-Boy
August 2nd, 2005, 01:24
Hmm true it could have been a homebrew that loads a vid as he wasn't pushing buttons and it was left on the start screen

xuphorz
August 2nd, 2005, 01:33
BINGO! i made a very badly playing video of mario 64
check out this video i made from my pc which can ordinarily emulate mario 64 perfectly
try it yourself!
here's how i set it (1964 0.9.9, default video and audio plugin): auto frame skip ON, Counter factor 8X4, Fame buffer emulation Complete, and use a crappy screen recorder. (i used ScreenGet)

nexis2600
August 2nd, 2005, 01:50
BINGO! i made a very badly playing video of mario 64
check out this video i made from my pc which can ordinarily emulate mario 64 perfectly
try it yourself!
here's how i set it (1964 0.9.9, default video and audio plugin): auto frame skip ON, Counter factor 8X4, Fame buffer emulation Complete, and use a crappy screen recorder. (i used ScreenGet)

Sorry to be an ass but woppie ****ing doo. That really does not do anything to prove anything. You did not mock up a video of the level shown so far. Yours runs with perfect emulation, not running on a psp, blah blah blah.

You guys can jump down all the time that something is fake with out actualy checking into it to see if there might be something real or off about it. Sure the PS1 emu is far to perfect to be real so i have huge douts regarding it.

This n64 emulator seems to have many issues that are kind of odd that normaly you would not see if someone was just trying to make a fake video. They would have gone with more perfect emulation footage like you did.

The video of the n64 emulator is obviously new as you can very well see SmashGP on his memory stick at the top.

I personaly am trying to talk to lac of nemu (someone i know personaly) who would better know if he has heard something or knows if it would be more fake or not.

When we first saw the pictures of Neo Geo Games running, everybody imediately (minus a small few) said they were fake and its not posible. A few went so far as to research the posibility and prove it is posible and ultimately we did get a Neo CD Emulator from the same guy who posted screen shots.

xuphorz
August 2nd, 2005, 01:54
as stewie from family guy said in a different way

it's not that i think it's fake, it's just that i don't think it's real

Cap'n 1time
August 2nd, 2005, 01:59
Sorry to be an ass but woppie ****ing doo. That really does not do anything to prove anything. You did not mock up a video of the level shown so far. Yours runs with perfect emulation, not running on a psp, blah blah blah.

You guys can jump down all the time that something is fake with out actualy checking into it to see if there might be something real or off about it. Sure the PS1 emu is far to perfect to be real so i have huge douts regarding it.

This n64 emulator seems to have many issues that are kind of odd that normaly you would not see if someone was just trying to make a fake video. They would have gone with more perfect emulation footage like you did.

The video of the n64 emulator is obviously new as you can very well see SmashGP on his memory stick at the top.

I personaly am trying to talk to lac of nemu (someone i know personaly) who would better know if he has heard something or knows if it would be more fake or not.

When we first saw the pictures of Neo Geo Games running, everybody imediately (minus a small few) said they were fake and its not posible. A few went so far as to research the posibility and prove it is posible and ultimately we did get a Neo CD Emulator from the same guy who posted screen shots.

for once, im going to have to completely disagree with you. What the last person did was recreate a fake, somthing that could easily have been encoded and put on the psp. I never believed the Neogeo CD emulator to be a fake because I had heard of the original author - whoever it was. This is just some guy putting up another fake video (somthing that has happened more than once) the moral of this story, if it aint released and no one has heard of it.. its probably a fake.

xuphorz
August 2nd, 2005, 02:05
for once, im going to have to completely disagree with you. What the last person did was recreate a fake, somthing that could easily have been encoded and put on the psp. I never believed the Neogeo CD emulator to be a fake because I had heard of the original author - whoever it was. This is just some guy putting up another fake video (somthing that has happened more than once) the moral of this story, if it aint released and no one has heard of it.. its probably a fake.

u two refering to my video?
if you are, that's not what it's for, it's for showing even a powerful pc can imitate a poor psp n64 perforence. you can even the 1964 sign on my video

quzar
August 2nd, 2005, 02:06
Problem is, no video nor screenshot is at all proof of existance. Just as someone who says it is fake can have whatever reasons they want, there as just as many reasons that it could be real, in the end it comes down simply to wether or not anything is released.

I'm going to lock this topic simply because there is no possible reasonable discussion that can take place about the subject until more information, or the program itself is either released or announced to be fake. If anyone who is a mod or admin takes offense to this or would rather it not be locked, do what you want.

nexis2600
August 2nd, 2005, 02:06
Interesting enough. I just showed to a coder friend who use to work on n64 emulators as well. He thinks it could posibly be real.

Again guys, Don't jump on the fake train yet untill you research into things.

quzar
August 2nd, 2005, 02:38
Of course it could be real, but there is no proof either way, which is my only point. I understand completely that it sucks that so many people jump on news like this, but with how horribly idiotic some people are in making fake news (which happens so often) there is real reason to be wary of such news.

It's not a matter of research at all. It IS possible, and has been discussed as such, but that has very little to do with wether or not this is real.