PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading v1.0 to v1.5

geise69
August 2nd, 2005, 02:58
Hey guys my psp is a lovely v1.0 that I got around xmas. My question is for anyone that has upgraded from 1.0 to 1.5. Is it worth it!? There are a few games I want to play like Star Soldier and Sengoku Cannon. Later Ys Ark of Napishtim and Popolocris come out and I'm sure are going to require 1.5 upgrades. Do you think it's worth upgrading? How much of a hassle is the kxploit? It doesn't seem that bad. Please let me know how you feel about it. Thanks!

PSP_Newbie
August 2nd, 2005, 03:39
well, ive had a 1.5 psp for a while now(til it broke, now i doubt sony will repair/send me a new one with 1.5 :() but ive been playing homebrew on it for a while, and honestly i wouldnt see much of a difference. most of the homebrew apps i see released nowadays already have everything set to just drag and drop the folders on your 1.5 with no corrupt icons. for the few that dont, with sei psp tools its basically just selecting the file or folder and pressing convert, and they are sent to your psp. i havent really found much hassle with this. maybe it takes some extra 15 or so secs depending on how deep in your hard drive u buried it, but i usually dont think much of it. i would personally go ahead with 1.5 as there isnt really anything a 1.0 can do nowadays that a 1.5 cant, and u can play all the new games. however, if it wasnt for the new games that are playable(Star Soldier, Sengoku Cannon, etc), i would just stick with a 1.0
so its basically up to u, would u rather play the new games or avoid a small hassle(in my opinion)
(but wait for more replies before deciding, im not quite sure, what makes the 1.0 better other than convienience with homebrew?

nexis2600
August 2nd, 2005, 03:42
Please realise before you upgrade to 1.5

1.0 units are very rare and hard to find and still are worth more then a regular 1.5

Upgrading sure will let you play all out now but future games like Ys & Popolocris will require 1.5.2 or 2.0 firmware. Probably the last usa game to not require it is Death Jr. Pretty much any game that will show up after the 1st of september will require a firmware higher then 1.5.0.

1.5.1 and above are still not hacked.

geise69
August 2nd, 2005, 03:59
Yeah I know it's like a catch 22 for us. I'll never upgrade to 1.51-2.0 unless of course we find a way to run emulation/homebrew on it. I was just wanting to know what other 1.0 users thought about upgrading. Thanks for the replies, they are helpful.

ShinShoryu
August 2nd, 2005, 05:50
1.0 4 life

shizzle
August 2nd, 2005, 09:31
i thought about 1.5 for warez purposes but at the end of the day, yo u can't find the 1.5 update anyway lol.

PSP_Newbie
August 2nd, 2005, 09:51
a lot of sites im sure still host the 1.5 update file

*o*
August 2nd, 2005, 10:18
hhhmmm.....

shizzle
August 2nd, 2005, 10:26
i couldn't find it anywhere and i looked on all makor psp/psp warez/warez/ google sites.

Bloodsack
August 2nd, 2005, 10:39
;)

geise69
August 2nd, 2005, 11:08
NO Warez, read the rules, Last Warning!

shizzle
August 2nd, 2005, 11:59
thanks for the link, only a matter of time before they delete your post there, glad i got there in time.

shizzle
August 2nd, 2005, 12:38
I'm thinking of updating my 1.0 now, a certain "app" may push me. ANy thoughts.

Bloodsack
August 2nd, 2005, 12:43
I'm thinking of updating my 1.0 now, a certain "app" may push me. ANy thoughts.

Whats the app?

shizzle
August 2nd, 2005, 12:49
{NO talking about iso loaders, u know the rules, this is your final warning}

shizzle
August 2nd, 2005, 13:05
lol, there u go bloodsack. It doesn't matter anyway now because i updated to 1.50. I stand by it and am happy with my new app. it gives me something to do untill i buy the white psp to play all the 2.0 firmware games.

Btw i don't know why we can't TALK about the "loaders". i respect the rules and won't metion the name of one again but i mean you put the word iso loader in my post and that was all i did. I didn't post links or ask for help or even discuss it. i just said i had it. Even psp updates doesn't deny their existance.

Darksaviour69
August 2nd, 2005, 13:16
you were posting for advise about it, that count as talkin about it. we know they exist, but we don't talk about them here.

geise69
August 2nd, 2005, 13:16
Sh** sorry! I forgot about putting the name of the site was bad. I didn't think I directly linked, although the name was bad enough. Again I appologize. It's early in the morning and I wasn't thinking.

Darksaviour69
August 2nd, 2005, 13:20
its ok, just don't do it again ;)

consoul
August 2nd, 2005, 13:21
If you want to update to 1.5, and can't find a download, just use a game to do it for you, like Coded Arms for example.

geise69
August 2nd, 2005, 13:32
It's just this is a nice forum that doesn't have all the BS as other sites that do psp stuff. This place is clean and they want it to stay that way. I think that I'm going to upgrade to 1.5 cause I think I'm just avoiding the inevitable. I'll probably even have to upgrade to 2.0 if Ys requires it. I don't think I'll do that untill or if we find a way to get around to running homebrew on 2.0. I'm not holding my breath on that one though. Again thanks for the advice everyone.

shizzle
August 2nd, 2005, 14:36
coded arms is quallity, i've been playing it all morining since i upgraded :D.

Just another thing i can do with my homebrew psp. I'm not getting another untill the white one is out or some good games.

geise69
August 2nd, 2005, 16:40
Well I don't think I could buy a whole new psp for just running the new games on 2.0 firmware. There just aren't enough good games for me to warrant the purchase of a new psp. Also the white one is going to be a bit more expensive when it comes out and I don't see the white one coming state side for a long time. I just hope Ys will be 1.5 firmware, but since it won't be out till october I'm betting it will be 2.0. Ys was the main reason i bought a psp in the first place besides Ridge Racers, plus the thought of emulation.