PDA

View Full Version : Help! Broken PSP

JMB
August 2nd, 2005, 17:47
I don't know if this is the result of someone dropping my PSP and not telling me but when I turn it on, the green light comes on and nothing else. there's no sound and the screen doesn't turn on at all. I'll be pissed if i have to send it back. It's a Jap v1.5 imported through Hong Kong. Has anyone had the same problem or know anywhere local (ie London, UK) who could do repairs?
Thanks

ghost2258
August 2nd, 2005, 19:22
try taking out the battery for a few min mine has done that before too

PSP_Newbie
August 2nd, 2005, 22:23
maybe the backlight isnt work? but that wouldnt explain the sound...

parabolee
August 2nd, 2005, 22:51
Yeah try taking the battery out for 15 mins and then do a 2 hour charge. If that doesn't work, bummer.

JMB
August 4th, 2005, 15:15
No luck! ive tried everything suggested. Would anyone like to buy a broken PSP for mod/spare part purposes? Meanwhile i think im going to save up for the UK release in sept. What a bummer indeed!!

JcBoyCool
August 4th, 2005, 21:03
If I was you I would keep playing with it because people told me about this problem before and then they turned it on one day and it was working. Anyways how much would you sell it for? plus what comes with it?

JMB
August 11th, 2005, 17:09
Well its still not working. I would prob sell it for about £100 if anyone can find use for the parts. It was a standard pack so not much else comes with it. just the charger and a UK plug adaptor. any interest?

Im still looking out for any places that would repair, if I cant find anything i think i'lll just wait till the UK launch and see about repairs from someone in the country.

Megaflare
August 11th, 2005, 19:55
Hey maybe all the pixles are dead on his PSP?

WhiteKnight
August 12th, 2005, 21:32
Al offer you £50 cash
;)

sunnyssrcp
July 21st, 2006, 23:00
first of all i bought my psp then i had dead pixel so i replaced the screen and it work days later the back light went out and i replaced the backlight and it still didnt work
the backlight was still out:confused: :confused: :confused: