PDA

View Full Version : SWOS for UAE PSP please help!!!

coconutdelight
August 2nd, 2005, 18:18
is it possible to get swos working well on the psp uae?
i can get it to load and play but its too jerky..
am i just being too ambitious?
i need to play this game!! :mad:

xuphorz
August 2nd, 2005, 18:24
is it possible to get swos working well on the psp uae?
i can get it to load and play but its too jerky..
am i just being too ambitious?
i need to play this game!! :mad:

what's swos? Sensible World of Soccer for Amiga?
and is uae = usa?

try messing with settings, like frame skip :)

coconutdelight
August 2nd, 2005, 18:46
what's swos? Sensible World of Soccer for Amiga?
and is uae = usa?

try messing with settings, like frame skip :)

yes sensible world of soccer
uae: amiga emulator
do you mean the frame skip in the settings menu?
i tried that, no help
does anyone have it running good???

shizzle
August 2nd, 2005, 19:06
shizzle question rating: 4/5, not asked before not enough info.
Fundemental tip1 point2.

xuphorz
August 2nd, 2005, 19:19
Fundemental tip1 point2.

err, right.
agree with first part, but was the second part made up?
also, coconut, try to mess with sound options too, that usually helps

coconutdelight
August 2nd, 2005, 20:46
Fundemental tip1 point2.

sorry im new what do you mean??
can anyone help???

shizzle
August 2nd, 2005, 20:50
i'm not helping. i'm commenting on the relevence of your question and no xuphorz. If you watch the video thats the tip and point number in it. http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

xuphorz
August 2nd, 2005, 20:55
i'm not helping. i'm commenting on the relevence of your question and no xuphorz. If you watch the video thats the tip and point number in it. http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
oh, didn't nkow you were refering to that

coconutdelight
August 2nd, 2005, 21:10

sorry shizzle like i said im new
its swos euro edition on the psp port of uae
please help me....

parabolee
August 2nd, 2005, 21:57
Unfortunatly SWOS is virtually unplayable on UAE (Amiga Emulator) right now, the author says to expect an update sometime after August 10th when he will improve the speed for the first time, he says he has a some good idea's on how to do this.

Currently I still play Sensible World of Soccer (best soccer game ever!) on the XBOX with WinUAEX V8 and it runs perfect. I still play it all the time after 10 years! Now THATS replay value!

I will be so happy when UAE runs at full speed with 3 frameskip or less. I would have paid $250 for a PSP to just run classic AMIGA games like SWOS and It Came From The Desert, two of my favorite games ever!

coconutdelight
August 2nd, 2005, 22:09
thanks parabolee
swos is the best.
do u know if the older ones run better
i.e just plain sensi (not sensi world)
btw i can get it to run ok with frameskip= 1 and no sound, but i think its made
my eyes go funny....
I am so desperate for portable SWOS....
what other games would you recommend? (ones that run well on psp)

woo
August 3rd, 2005, 01:02
This is also one of my most favourite games of all time. Hopefully the author, as stated will find ways of improving the speed. I hope in time, there will be others to help him undertake this task too....

In my opinion, Amiga is the best system that we could hope for PSP to emulate. There are just soooo many classics for it. I was hoping to play Civilization, till I realised I needed some keyboard input.

as far as SWOS goes. no sound, increase the frameskip to 1/2 and it's not bad, but you're right, there seems to be a lot of motion blurring. I thought it was just me and the new contact lenses at first! heh

The thing about UAE is there are often games out there that you need to tweak settings for, sometimes just to get them to run, sometimes to get running at full speed, at least on the XBOX version. Hopefully the PSP version will become more configurable overtime too. One good thing about the XBOX version is the ability to go online and download a profile for your specific game. It sure helped me when I wanted to get SWOS career mode working! :)

parabolee
August 3rd, 2005, 01:26
Yeah on WInUaeX you can download other peple settings from the internet in a few seconds, or upload your own, saves TONS of time!

Your best bet for Sensible Soccer is to play it on the Genesis or Snes emulators, I hate having three buttons to do what one should do but they are not bad versions of the game other than that. :)

coconutdelight
August 3rd, 2005, 04:00
im sorry but snes and megadrive Sensi suk big time.....
i'll just have to wait for uaepsp to get better, u said 10 august, thats my birthday so i hope its sorted for then, ill be well happy

parabolee
August 3rd, 2005, 04:24
Nah they are inferior to the Amiga versions but once you get the hang of using three buttons instead of one (really stupid) they are still fun and still sensi. I'd rather just play SWOS on my XBOX though.

Expect the update AFTER the 10th, thats when he get's back from his vacation in europe he says. So I am going to be keeping an ear to the ground (so to speak) around the 17th for an update. Like I say frameskip of 2 or 3 with full speed and I'll be having his baby's :) LOL