PDA

View Full Version : Save HD-DVD petition

wraggster
January 24th, 2008, 19:28
please, sign this petition, and lets get as many votes as we can so we can hopefully change Warner's mind to return to being format neutral, or go HD-DVD exclusive. This would also show the remaining HD-DVD exclusive studios, Universal & Paramount, that HD-DVD still has supporters, thus they shouldn't switch to Blu-Ray. We have a chance to save a superior format from collapsing under the weight of the greedy Sony corporation and its inferior Blu-Ray format, let's do it!

http://www.petitiononline.com/SAVEHDD/petition.html

Elven6
January 24th, 2008, 19:58
Wow Wraggster, I didn't know you were also a HD DVD fan?

10shu
January 24th, 2008, 20:00
LOL!!! best thread ever :rofl:

Elven6
January 24th, 2008, 20:26
Whys that?

Balthasar00
January 24th, 2008, 20:36
Its quite a turn over. I'll grab this.

Elven6
January 24th, 2008, 20:45
Hahaha, I get it now! True it was worded a bit weird, but alot of people have signed it, and it has been gaining alot of internet media coverage.

sappo
January 25th, 2008, 02:31
YEAH! Screw that Blu-Ray thing, WE WANT TRUE HD now!

Give us back HD-DVD!

Shadowblind
January 25th, 2008, 02:56
Good freaking crikey, 26000 signatures O_O Well, i signed it. I may not have either format,buts a darn shame to make the people who do have it pay.

VampDude
January 25th, 2008, 02:58
lol, yet another petition! :rofl:

JKKDARK
January 25th, 2008, 03:19
This petition will work, I promise.

bah
January 25th, 2008, 04:01
I would have preferred HD-DVD to win personally, but signing a petition is pretty damn worthless (even for a online petition). It seems the studios have made their choice for the format with more DRM and more expensive blank media and I would say nothing bar a huge upsurge in HD-DVD sales and drop in Blu-Ray ones to make any difference.

10shu
January 25th, 2008, 05:38
...Petition never work when it s all about money... But the hd dvd isn t dead yet. Its probably going to remplace dvd has a storage media for the pc...I beleave a blank hd dvd is cheaper than a blank blueray disk...

Baboon
January 25th, 2008, 08:31
I coudln't care less what format wins as neither effects my gaming expereince, plus I already have a vast dvd collection that does a perfectly good job..

Online petitions never ever work... blu ray has already won the movie war... blah, blah, blah

wiggy fuzz
January 25th, 2008, 17:00
if it's like the vhs vs betamax war, what won it was the p0rn industry (honest!)

being honest, hd-dvd surpasses lots of stuff blu-ray does (firmware upgrade)

i liked hd-dvd, the name made sense and it had a lot of potential, but they delayed it, made the drives slow as hell and basically allowed blu-ray to run riot on the ps3

i'll sign, but it won't make much difference

Elven6
January 25th, 2008, 17:16
I really don't know how well this petition will work, but it has 2 things going for it:

1. Alot of people are signing it, if it reaches atleast 100 000 (The magic number for good sellers on next gen media), it might get some sort of response out of people.

2. It has mass media attention, if you go to google news and type in HD DVD, your bound to get reports about the petition, not just from small sites, but from sites like IGN, Gizmodo, Kotaku, Engadget. FWC, etc.

bizzar721
January 26th, 2008, 01:52
I think it was a smart move of sony putting blu-ray into ps3. When I first got my HDTV the only nex-gen sytem I owned was Xbox 360. The gaming was phenomenal! I was excited to pick up a HDdvd movie and check that out on my TV, then thats when I found out that 360 DOES play HDdvd, with the exception of having to buy a seperate drive!! So I just waited it out untill I got a PS3, and started using blu-ray. (and i got those 5 free Blu-ray disks) For me i went with blu-ray for the fact that it was easily available to me, never even got to compare the 2.
PS. Wraggster- you say warner should go back to being format neutral or go HD-DVD exclusive , then in the fist paragraph of the petition it says "but how about all the consumers that bought HD-DVD movies and hardware for the holidays, or all the loyal HD-DVD fans like myself that own Warner HD-DVDs? Warner just screwed them all."
So my guess is you don't care if people with blu-ray get screwed....just as long as it's not you?! I happen to like blu-ray, but I still would have signed the petition for warner being format neutral, but definatly not to be HD-DVD exclusive

Shadowblind
January 26th, 2008, 02:14
I think it was a smart move of sony putting blu-ray into ps3. When I first got my HDTV the only nex-gen sytem I owned was Xbox 360. The gaming was phenomenal! I was excited to pick up a HDdvd movie and check that out on my TV, then thats when I found out that 360 DOES play HDdvd, with the exception of having to buy a seperate drive!! So I just waited it out untill I got a PS3, and started using blu-ray. (and i got those 5 free Blu-ray disks) For me i went with blu-ray for the fact that it was easily available to me, never even got to compare the 2.
PS. Wraggster- you say warner should go back to being format neutral or go HD-DVD exclusive , then in the fist paragraph of the petition it says "but how about all the consumers that bought HD-DVD movies and hardware for the holidays, or all the loyal HD-DVD fans like myself that own Warner HD-DVDs? Warner just screwed them all."
So my guess is you don't care if people with blu-ray get screwed....just as long as it's not you?! I happen to like blu-ray, but I still would have signed the petition for warner being format neutral, but definatly not to be HD-DVD exclusive

Trust me--if Warner went back to both, Blu-Ray wouldn't die. Warner is by no means the only movie corp out there, mmbucko.

Elven6
January 26th, 2008, 20:06
Bizzar: Firstly, those without a PS3 Blu Ray player were screwed by the BDA in the first place. Since they are going to have to rebuy their players mabye 2 more times! And Blu Ray has more studio support then HD DVD, so Warner going to HD DVD won't hurt them any, it will just even the playing field.

ngin.small
January 26th, 2008, 21:16
As much as I think this is retarded and will never work. I still respect anyone who signs this :)