PDA

View Full Version : Omg...1gb dead memory stick?

Tranman409
August 3rd, 2005, 07:35
Well my PSP and my MS has been workin perfectly ever since launched. I recharged it today and when I booted it up just a few minutes ago, the memory stick wont load up? Is there anythign that I can do? please someone help because this 1gb memory stick costed a crapload :/

RedKing14CA
August 3rd, 2005, 07:45
it has a 5 year warranty, how much was it?

PSP_Newbie
August 3rd, 2005, 08:12
just return it for a new one, they do that sometimes, especially if u put it into sleep mode while playing a homebrew

Tranman409
August 3rd, 2005, 08:31
Yea im never goin to put it on sleep mode again..luckily i just had to reformat it. Thanks for the help guys but it scared me since it costed me 140 bucks. Man I was half way through tales of phantasia too :/

PSP_Newbie
August 3rd, 2005, 08:44
did u just connect your psp or do u have a mem stick reader? anyways, glad that worked out. im paranoid about losing data, so i always have a backup of my memory stick on my computer^^

Bloodsack
August 3rd, 2005, 09:13
For some reason that seems to happen a lot to 1GB Memory Sticks? I would love to get one, but with that happening alot on those 1g sticks. I think I'll stick with my two 512 cards.

Neo cd on one stick and all the rest on the other;)

Random
August 3rd, 2005, 09:46
I lost a 512 randomly. I can't even format it. That was just a regular MS Pro tho...not Duo. I used it in my digital camera. I was upset but I had 2 more. Now if I can only use these with my PSP without that ugly random cellphone mod...

I currently have a 1GB. Convenient. I don't like to carry around more than one stick...same with UMDs. I just leave one in there and play homebrews or that game. LoL + I got my stick for 40 dollars so I'm pretty content.

Unless you're loading your PSP with a million roms...I don't see the need for a 2GB stick yet. (unless u're into lotsa MOVIES or ISOs)

Bloodsack
August 3rd, 2005, 10:20
I lost a 512 randomly. I can't even format it. That was just a regular MS Pro tho...not Duo. I used it in my digital camera. I was upset but I had 2 more. Now if I can only use these with my PSP without that ugly random cellphone mod...

I currently have a 1GB. Convenient. I don't like to carry around more than one stick...same with UMDs. I just leave one in there and play homebrews or that game. LoL + I got my stick for 40 dollars so I'm pretty content.

Unless you're loading your PSP with a million roms...I don't see the need for a 2GB stick yet. (unless u're into lotsa MOVIES or ISOs)

I have a Pro Duo. no problems here:)

Deathrow_Marv
August 3rd, 2005, 10:43
Is yours a sandisk or sony?
Sandisk's 1GB stick had created lots of MS problems just like yours.
But if you have the 5year warranty, i guess its ok.
There's a MS fix somewhere in the internet. You can probably try that. Not sure if it works though.

Bloodsack
August 3rd, 2005, 10:50
Is yours a sandisk or sony?
Sandisk's 1GB stick had created lots of MS problems just like yours.
But if you have the 5year warranty, i guess its ok.
There's a MS fix somewhere in the internet. You can probably try that. Not sure if it works though.

Sony and haven't had a problem yet.

Tranman409
August 3rd, 2005, 12:06
Yes it was a Sandisk brand. I wouldnt be able to turn it since I bought it online and threw away the package and stuff when I got it

parabolee
August 3rd, 2005, 15:16
I don't think you need the packaging since Sandisk offer a "LIFETIME GUARANTEE", or at least they did with both 1GB cards I have. As long as it's branded I think they will fix or rather replace it. Goto the website and contact them to find out.

Let us know what happens.

EDIT - I missed that you formatted it and fixed it already, cool. I think I wilkl back up my important save games every now and then to make sure this does not happen to me. Hate to loose my save on Zelda : Link to the past.

wraggster
August 3rd, 2005, 18:38
my card doesnt appear in the psp even though its there, how do you format it ?

parabolee
August 3rd, 2005, 18:43
I think you will need a PC CARD reader in order to format it if the PSP won't read it. But read around because I havn't had this prob with the magic duo, just MMC's.

But card readers are only abou $8 - $15, especially on eBay

wraggster
August 3rd, 2005, 18:55
yeah the ****in snes emu crashed so i had to rtake the battery out and now no card being recognised :(

do u know any decent card readers ?

xuphorz
August 3rd, 2005, 19:10
you don't need a card reader

insert the card into the psp, connetc it to your computer.
your computer will recogize a usb drive, format it using windows.
now the psp should read it

J sims
August 3rd, 2005, 19:53
Wraggster which SNES emu crashed on you?

wraggster
August 3rd, 2005, 20:40
the new one :(

Tranman409
August 3rd, 2005, 20:44
Sort of weird though considering I restarted the PSP several times and tried to save games but it didnt read the memory stick. Nothing read the memory stick so the last thing was I reformat it on the PSP and it worked with 980 mb back or soemthin close to that

xuphorz
August 3rd, 2005, 20:44
the new one :(
you can get a card reader for $30 at best buy

wraggster
August 3rd, 2005, 20:50
you don't need a card reader

insert the card into the psp, connetc it to your computer.
your computer will recogize a usb drive, format it using windows.
now the psp should read it

says theres no mem card detected :(

xuphorz
August 3rd, 2005, 20:54
ya, the psp will say that.
it happened to me before, but i plugged it into the psp, the psp into the pc, and the pc detected it.

if you can't even do that, then a card reader might not help either
but they're pretty cheap
$30 or about 21.4 pounds

parabolee
August 3rd, 2005, 21:36
Yeah I have seen them for 10 quid on Ebay

Bloodsack
August 3rd, 2005, 23:00
you can get a card reader for $30 at best buy

lol

There is no Best Buys in england. We do have Currys & Dixons & Comet though. I bought a 9 in 1 card reader at comet a few weeks ago.

I miss Best Buy:( from the burbs of Chicago....

I'm a american living in england

Random
August 4th, 2005, 02:49
Wraggster: There is a possibility ur stick is DONE.

My Sandisk 1GB MS Pro Duo is doing Fine in my PSP right now...but one of my SONY 512 MS Pro that I used for my camera just died out on me. I do use a card reader which I got for like 20 dollars (SONY as well). Putting in the faulty memory stick just nearly crashes my system...uses up all the system resources to get nothing detected. I tried it on another friends computer and it wouldn't detect either. I put it back in my digital camera and I got some weird error. I googled the error and found out theres nothing I can do about the stick. I could send it to Sony...but thats not really cost efficient. Lucky for me, I had another 512 lying around for my camera.

If you can't get a card reader to read the card, I'm sure that card is done.

aXeL
August 4th, 2005, 03:09
welll any recomndations i have an 128 and a 32 should i get 1gb or 512? i bought the 128 for 10 dollars dats why i got it

aXeL
August 4th, 2005, 03:10
welll any recomndations i have an 128 and a 32 should i get 1gb or 512? i bought the 128 for 10 dollars off of my friend dats why i got it

xuphorz
August 4th, 2005, 03:26
hello, AKB

PSP_Newbie
August 4th, 2005, 04:16
heya AKB, got unbanned? welcome back
anyways, u probably shouldn't get a bigger one unless u find yourself running out of space with what u need to do
and where'd you get a 128mb stick for 10 bucks? i want one, lol :D

xuphorz
August 4th, 2005, 05:02
heya AKB, got unbanned? welcome back
anyways, u probably shouldn't get a bigger one unless u find yourself running out of space with what u need to do
and where'd you get a 128mb stick for 10 bucks? i want one, lol :D
i'm not sure if it is AKB or not, but he act's and types like akb alot

PSP_Newbie
August 4th, 2005, 06:56
and he has the exact same avatar...

wraggster
August 4th, 2005, 16:50
ordered my card, should come in a week or so

xuphorz
August 4th, 2005, 16:51
sweet
seems like a long shipment time tho

Bloodsack
August 4th, 2005, 16:57

What size card are you getting wraggster? I want a 1gig card, but I wont pay the rip off prices here in england. when I go back home to chicago in november(visiting my family) I'm getting a 1 gig card.

exchange rate is great for bring over £ to $ :D

wraggster
August 4th, 2005, 17:19
bugger i meant i ordered a card reader from Hong Kong a 23 in 1 jobby

hope it fixes my card

im well peeved at the mo

Bloodsack
August 4th, 2005, 17:32
bugger i meant i ordered a card reader from Hong Kong a 23 in 1 jobby

hope it fixes my card

im well peeved at the mo

A 23 in 1....Holy Crap :eek: Thats like every card ever made. :cool:

xuphorz
August 4th, 2005, 17:41
A 23 in 1....Holy Crap :eek: Thats like every card ever made. :cool:

nah, i have a 30 in 1. some of the cards it can use are REALLY old tho, and it's quite complicated. (not just stick in card and look at screen)

B_man55
August 8th, 2005, 06:59
Sony is so damn cheap, everything I own of theirs is the shits.

ZhaR
April 25th, 2006, 19:53
I have a 2GB Sony Pro Duo High Speed stick, I just got it yesterday. Today, I pasted some game into the stick, and left it there while the USB was connected to the PSP with the card. The psp went to sleep mode. Anyways, around 1 hour later I take it off. I see my PSP light is blinking orange, and im like WTF IS GOING ON, and then I check and my card isnt working. Not detectable. OK, I tried formatting it with my PSP. Tried formatting with Windows, DOESNT WORK. I have not tried any Card Reader, but I really want my card working without a card reader. It cost me $100 to get my card JUST YESTERDAY!

grin.ch
April 25th, 2006, 20:28
I have a 2GB MS, SanDisk and it's great! I use it most of the time. I have never had a prob w/ it. Tho I do want a 4GB. That's mighty costly tho. 2GB are now going for like $120 USD!