PDA

View Full Version : can you play pc games on your psp?

Omoikane
August 3rd, 2005, 13:47
my friend was gonna buy Mafia for PC and was wondering if it would play on the psp. i told him i have no idea how you could do that as it requires installation and not just plug and play. although i think it would be alot of fun if you could :thinks of playing fallout on psp: :)

Darksaviour69
August 3rd, 2005, 14:03
short answer: no

*o*
August 3rd, 2005, 14:05
isnt there some kind of pc emu?

Cap'n 1time
August 3rd, 2005, 14:08
there is alot to a PC emu. currently no x86 emulator exists for the psp (but you most likely will see somthing in the future). Even if there was an x86 emulator IT would deffinatly not run things like Mafia as it requires alot more than a PC base.

Omoikane
August 3rd, 2005, 14:43
thanks for the help guys, i thought the answer was no but i had to be sure. that sucks though i was hopin to play some fallout. savin the post-apocolyptic world on the go. :)

Darksaviour69
August 3rd, 2005, 14:54
your best hope for such pc games to paly on your psp, is if someone ports it over, but u need the source code for that.

raiser72
August 3rd, 2005, 18:29
Well last I checked:
Quake 2 (ported)
Doom 2 (ported)
Heretic (ported)
Hexen (ported)

AND

Pretty much every LucasArts adventure game ever via SCUMMVM:
Day of the Tentacle
Full Throttle
Monkey Island 1, 2
etc. etc.

I would say there are some pretty good PC games currently playable on the PSP

*o*
August 3rd, 2005, 23:35
yya monkey island!

aseddon130
August 4th, 2005, 02:25
lol .. if only PC games worked on the PSP ... GTA San Andreas would be straight on :D

bill00000
August 6th, 2005, 08:02
lol .. if only PC games worked on the PSP ... GTA San Andreas would be straight on :D

Think about GTA san andreas on a 333mhz pc. Now think of it running at running at a 480x272 resolution. This is beside the fact that the PSP is not a PC.

As per old PC games though, I'm hoping someone is able to port DOSbox to the PSP after a keybord comes out for it.

Or an AGI interpreter. Kings Quest, Space quest, Police quest, Hooray!

shizzle
August 6th, 2005, 10:04
come on halflife 2.

Rotfl.

PSP_Newbie
August 6th, 2005, 12:39
woot, half-life 2, lets try to get doom3 and farcry on there while we're at it, piece of cake :rolleyes:

Terial
August 7th, 2005, 08:04
If FFVII was ported, and maybe Riven, I'd be perfectly happy, lol

drcolossus87
August 7th, 2005, 11:11
evertime i see that terial it makes me vomit, change it ffs :mad:

NeoXCS
August 8th, 2005, 23:57
On a serious note, I hope someone could get something like Warcraft 2, Command & Conquer : Red Alert, and Diablo running. That would be so awesome to play those on the go. :D And thier PC specs required to run aren't unbelivable or anything so it could be possible someday.

Cap'n 1time
August 9th, 2005, 00:13
On a serious note, I hope someone could get something like Warcraft 2, Command & Conquer : Red Alert, and Diablo running. That would be so awesome to play those on the go. :D And thier PC specs required to run aren't unbelivable or anything so it could be possible someday.

perhapes their required pc specs are not that special... but concider all the recources that need to be emulated to run them... IF by the time that was done... not much resources of the psps hardware would be left to run this now would it?