PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Ps2 Emulation

andrea86
August 3rd, 2005, 19:38
i have an hdd installed on my ps2,and no modchip, and i have installed snes station, but i cant find a way to load the roms.... the ps2 doesn't read cd-r.... someone can help me? thanks a lot

Emulation_Chief
August 3rd, 2005, 20:28
Hello:

Exist a product named HD Advanced. It is a set of 2 disc that helps you manage your hdd in your ps2. You have to buy those in order to use it. It allows you to run your homebrew on inside the hdd as long as you have those discs. I don't have the product. I can't say much more about its characteristics and functionality.

andrea86
August 3rd, 2005, 20:54
the emulator can read cd,(the cd i use to start hd is a ps1 game,and that can be readed), is there any way to burn a cd in a way that ps2 recognize as a normal cd?

Emulation_Chief
August 7th, 2005, 08:12
Hello:

Not much you can do to make the PS2 read CD-Rs unless you have a bootdisc or Modchip. System security on the console is very tight for those purposes.

I have a question for you. Do you installed a one of those Flip-top cases or you are using a Slide Card for running that backup?

RedKing14CA
August 7th, 2005, 08:49
i'd suggest buying a dvd rom burner, expensive, but the only way....

andrea86
August 10th, 2005, 11:28
i use a ps1 game to start the hd loader along the memory card.... i'd like to play snes on my ps2 but if i have to install a modchip or swap disc.... i prefer play them on pc..

Emulation_Chief
August 14th, 2005, 16:54
Hello:

Some emulators for PS2 are designed to run on CD-Rs. Even if you can make a DVD backup of this disc, it is probably that it won't work. If you know someone that let you borrow some time and a DVD burner to make the test, try it and see what happens.