PDA

View Full Version : My mem stick is broken!!

orion233
August 3rd, 2005, 20:06
Can somebody tell me how to fix my memory stick. One day I inserted my memory stick wich is a 232 mb memory stick and My psp couldnt read it It said there is no memory stick inserted So I tried to reformat it but it says there is no memory stick inserted to format can somebody help me fix it because I dont have warrenty on it and I bought it along time ago, and I realy need to play my roms again. And there is more stuff that I'd rather buy with 55 bucks so someone please help.

J sims
August 3rd, 2005, 20:16
Try connecting it to your computer in usb mode and formating it using windows to a fat or fat32(better) filesystem.

orion233
August 3rd, 2005, 21:37
how do i do that

PSP_Newbie
August 3rd, 2005, 22:14
make sure u arent exploring the memory stick, just in my computer, right click then press format, select fat or fat32(fat 32 runs a bit faster) and press format and it might fix it.
WARNING: this will delete all data on the memory stick and it cannot be recovered after you do this(tho im not sure its recoverable before either, tho i have heard of a corrupt mem stick recovery program, not quite sure tho)

orion233
August 4th, 2005, 23:39
i go to my computer then right click drive E (psp) and then format? I didnt see anything about fat32 so i dont think i did it right but i did do it the way I explained and it didnt work.