PDA

View Full Version : PSP Dosbox config advice?

Braidlessbaka
January 26th, 2008, 21:40
So, I downloaded PSP Dosbox 0.71, and it's running. I'm trying to play a very specific game, "Ripper" by Take2 (http://www.justadventure.com/thejave/html/Games/GamesR/Ripper/JAVE_Ripper.shtml). It's a 'interactive movie", in that I think most of the gameplay is made up of movie sequences.

I have the game running, the problem is it's pretty jerky. The sound, on the other hand, seems to run pretty well in scenes that the images aren't moving much (less graphical demand?). As a side note, telling the game I have no sound card (and thus there being no sound) makes no difference to the video stuttering. I don't know if it's pumping sound out regardless, though. I know that the PSP won't emulate as well as a PC, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice in regards to improving speed in general, or video-playback specific advice that might help out?

I've been trying advice in regards to Dosbox in general, but I don't really know what values are typical to the PSP.

Any help is appreciated =)

EDIT: Just realised, some details might be useful ^^

~ FW: 3.80 M33-5 (I've heard there's read speed issues?)
~ PSP: Phat =)
~ Game: Ripper v1.05 (applied patches 1.03 and 1.05 - .iso)
~ Stick: 1GB memory stick that came with the 1GB bundle
~ I can provide the Dosbox.config file if it'll help

Wally
January 28th, 2008, 06:25
Post a message in the dosbox thread on ps2dev forums, crazyc will explain whats going on.