PDA

View Full Version : need help catching up

Scythe2140
January 27th, 2008, 03:06
well, i decided to dust off the old psp, seeing as how these new games like patapon and god of war are coming out

well, my psp is currently at 3.03 oe-c, and i honestly have no clue about anything new that has came out since then, i still would like to upgrade to some custom firmware where i can still use homebrews and such, any guide to updating my psp would be great

just posting this incase i can't find out anything myself

thanks for any help in advance

edit: i have a fat, if that helps any

Eviltaco64
January 27th, 2008, 04:25
Update to 3.80 M33.
Get the newer release of SNES9x_TYL.
Get PicoDrive (Plays Sega Genesis games more accurately than DGen and has Sega CD/Mega CD support).
Get PSPTube (Youtube on PSP)
Fanjita's Furikup (Lets you use your PSP as a phone)
Daedalus R14 is also slated to come out within the next month or so as well.

Scythe2140
January 27th, 2008, 05:08
thanks

Eviltaco64
January 27th, 2008, 05:10
There's many more homebrew apps that I havent mentioned. Just goto DCEmu's PSP site. That's practically where I learned almost everything about PSP's homebrew.

Tweak420
January 29th, 2008, 04:12
It's been awhile for me too...I just updated to 3.80 m33-5 w/1.50k add-on from 1.5. I was wondering if someone could link to the newest or best snes emulator for my fat psp. There is so much more content on the site then the last time I was here and am having trouble finding things.

DarthPaul
January 29th, 2008, 05:07
The newest and best emulator is the one Eviltaco mentioned.

Some other good releases were Tyrian, and the latest iR Shell.

Tweak420
January 29th, 2008, 05:28
Well I seen that but I can't seem to find it under the snes emulators. All I see is: Ruka's Unofficial Snes9xTYL, SnesPSP_TYL, UoSnesPSP_TYL. Is it one of those, cause those look like the one's where people just modified the original source. Last ver. I remember seeing awhile back was snes9xTYL-0.42ME. A link or something would be really helpful.