PDA

View Full Version : Dir2Boot

Eric
September 30th, 2004, 07:51
I dont know what the hell is up with this program but i did hear it worked for Win XP. This is my problem everytime i open up the program to make a selfboot it does this select folder so i do i press okay and it closes on me every damn time. Its starting to piss me off as this is the only tool i may possibly be able to use to make DCastaway cause Selfboot cant get a rid of the bloody extensions for the games. Also i think it might be the IP.bin file and i dont know why cause its the one from NesterDC 7.1.

DCDayDreamer
September 30th, 2004, 11:34
I don't have XP but one thing to check is you've got all the files the prog needs in the right place, I've just checked on my HD:

Dir2boot (dir)
\Dir2dj.exe
\Dir2nero.exe
\Source(dir)\Dir2DJ.bas
\Source\dir2nero.bas
\Tools(dir)\bin2boot.exe
\Tools\cdi2nero.exe
\Tools\cygwin1.dll
\Tools\iplogo.mr
\Tools\mkisofs.exe

The image will be created within the 'Dir2boot' directory if all is ok.

The only errors I've ever had with Dir2boot is when the ip.bin is 'read only' - that's just a case of changing the properties of that file.

Hope that helps.

Ian_micheal
September 30th, 2004, 19:47
http://imrtechnology.ngemu.com/tutdir2boot.htm how to use it there subject is a arcade pak but it matters little it's the same way of use if i made a tut on each thing new how to use it then only thing changed would be a few words it's that easy.

BudFern
September 30th, 2004, 21:57
I've had no luck with dir2boot on my XP laptop, but it always worked great on my Win98 computer. I've been using sbi files now. Good luck :-/

Ian_micheal
October 1st, 2004, 23:33
Works fine on winxp never used it on 98..

Eric
October 1st, 2004, 23:48
Well i have WinXp and the thing keeps closing on me everytime i select a folder so i dont know whats up with that

Ian_micheal
October 2nd, 2004, 04:34
Were did you download it?

Eric
October 2nd, 2004, 05:18
i downloaded once from Console Vision and then i tried yours its quite funny cause Selfboot works fine but Dir2Boot doesnt and they basically work the same