PDA

View Full Version : half life?

*o*
August 3rd, 2005, 22:42
i love half life!! any chance of a port onto psp?

BlackxKnight
August 3rd, 2005, 23:09
its not open source i believe so it would be illegal.

JcBoyCool
August 4th, 2005, 00:20
If so i dont it it will work. Even if it did it would run slow for a long time.

Cap'n 1time
August 4th, 2005, 00:48
i thought half life was opensource... uh.. must be thinking of somthing else i guess

BlackxKnight
August 4th, 2005, 04:20
well i remember half-life gold or somthing was never accually released on DC but it was still considered Warez and couldnt be discussed on dcemulation.com

AKB
August 4th, 2005, 07:26
i would love to play half-life on the psp as well as wold3d and my all time fav retro game for DOS tyrian 2000. if any of these 3 games come out i must know asap!

*o*
August 4th, 2005, 08:16
half life engine is open source

AKB
August 4th, 2005, 08:18
i think tryian2000 should be converted to a .wad file cause its dos like doom, just it will be a bit larger then normal like mybe 50 mb? ill play it anyday even if its 600mb :)

*o*
August 4th, 2005, 08:31
maybe someone could make a wad file of half life? it would be ALOT of work but very cool!

AKB
August 4th, 2005, 08:34
why cant there just be a easy to use dos to wad convertor :) some lonley coder should try to make such a very hard coded program to make lifes of thousads of people happy:) so he can get some happy for him self to be such a help to the socity:)

Cap'n 1time
August 4th, 2005, 12:43
why cant there just be a easy to use dos to wad convertor :) some lonley coder should try to make such a very hard coded program to make lifes of thousads of people happy:) so he can get some happy for him self to be such a help to the socity:)

you cant just convert a game to a wad file.. the doom engine is not nearly as advanced as the half life engine.

Darksaviour69
August 4th, 2005, 12:48
yeah, u might as well ask..." why can't someone make something that can turn lead into gold... it woulds make the lifes of thousads of people happy, so he can get some happy for him self to be such a help to the socity"
;)

*o*
August 4th, 2005, 12:49
hhhmm maybe i should patent my mavhine *pats lead to gold machine!*

worldspawn
August 4th, 2005, 18:26
Half-Life is NOT opensource. There is an SDK. But that has no engine code! So this cannot be done.. please, no more stupid threads like this.. kthxdie.

*o*
August 4th, 2005, 22:41
i thought it was.....oh well

Tomppa
August 24th, 2005, 06:47
I think I saw a Half-Life.wad, I'm not talking about a single time, well, that must be a fake then huh?

Cap'n 1time
August 24th, 2005, 18:44
could be. its just a file name. some times people use the same file type names, but often they are compiled into the file differantly.

Also this could just be a user created half-life mod for doom, who knows.

Hawq
August 24th, 2005, 19:21
Its a mod for Doom, I've used it myself with Xbox & PC Doom many times & its quite nice really

porjay
September 10th, 2005, 14:31
Half-Life was based on Quake engine but valve made enhancements to it.

Humbug
September 11th, 2005, 14:43
yea i was gonna say that it was baed on the quake engine

robotdevil
September 14th, 2005, 05:08
You could see a halflife.wad file, halflife uses wads for the spray logos (check it out on google) But the info contained is VERY different from the doom engine levels

BlackxKnight
September 14th, 2005, 15:29
its not just the spray logos the wad files are just tons of textures used in the level and i believe on models too.

Cap'n 1time
September 14th, 2005, 19:38
ahem

could be. its just a file name. some times people use the same file type names, but often they are compiled into the file differantly.

Also this could just be a user created half-life mod for doom, who knows.

i get no respect.

**1_Man_Matrix**
September 8th, 2006, 03:09
Is porting the Half-life: Uplink Demo to PSP illegal?

I know the Half-life engine is a heavily modified Quake engine, and we have Quake running full speed on PSP's. Not to mention Half-life is on PS2.
There's some positives for possibility :)

the_eternal_dark
September 8th, 2006, 04:18
id say make a quake mod since it would look 5x better than a doom.wad mod and have a close resemblance to what half-life should be. wad modding is getting old now, and most newer games are going to be hampered by its limitations.

ICE
October 5th, 2006, 04:57
no and even it you could it'd be like 2 fps.

coo
October 26th, 2006, 03:02
halls is right, there is no way hl would run at 333mh

Cap'n 1time
October 26th, 2006, 09:04
not only do either of the two posters above have any idea what you are talking about, but your reviving an old post that id rather forget. half life is garbage, GARBAGE I SAY!

coo
October 26th, 2006, 20:44
right Awsome, my bad, i'll research before posting

BTW: if you want to forget this post, why don't you lock it?

spacedwarv
October 31st, 2006, 04:35
if they could get it working on dreamcast im sure a psp one would eb possible they have similar specs anyways

the_eternal_dark
November 1st, 2006, 02:46
if they could get it working on dreamcast im sure a psp one would eb possible they have similar specs anyways

I was hoping that this thread would be closed by now....

Actually spacedwarv, there are major differences between the PSP and the DC. There are plenty of threads listing both of their specs in detail, as well as good compare/contrast topics of the 2. Best bet, look around, because you're just going to get flamed to hell if you don't do research.

*edit* BTW, could we have a sticky for the comparison (such as specs) and the reasons that anything on DC can't be ported to the PSP, in this forum atleast?

Darksaviour69
November 2nd, 2006, 22:16