PDA

View Full Version : the playstation store

bertt245
January 27th, 2008, 23:04
can i still download and run games from?

if yes then how?

foolycooly
January 28th, 2008, 16:55
theres a water prooff psp!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWb143X854M&feature=related

Tesseract
January 29th, 2008, 03:16
Yeah, I bought Beats a month ago and downloaded the Ape Quest demo about a week ago.

I was initially a little worried that SONY might try to quietly brick my CFW'd PSP, but I figured that if that was happening, I'd have heard about it by then.

SoulReaver911
January 29th, 2008, 11:04
There's no need to be worried about Sony trying to brick your psp with PSX games. Games that you would use popstation to convert are played under the same emulator as the games you get from the store, and infact use the same kind of eboot file. That's what popstation was designed for, to make the emulator think the game was from the store.

However if Sony somehow finds a way, (which again we shouldn't be worried about) it will be a sad day.

Tesseract
January 29th, 2008, 20:13
Beats and Ape Quest ARE PSP games.

They get auto-downloaded to your PSP using a small application and the USB connection. I tried just plugging my MemStick into my PC's Card Reader, but that didn't work.

The only thing other than the PSP/GAME/(folder)/EBOOT.PBP and DOCUMENT.DAT that it added was a PSP/LICENSE folder. Likely used to make sure that the PSP that was registered to play that game is the one it's actually on at the time.

I guess I'm more worried about getting banned from PSN or something. I wanna get a PS3 someday, y'know....

SoulReaver911
January 29th, 2008, 21:55
huh, I thought those were psx games for some reason. My bad.

Well, with the license thing going on it's possible you'll run into a problem getting it on your psp...but I don't even think Sony would go so far as to ban you from downloading their quality titles (PSP and PSX) just because of that. That was a good idea to try the memory stick in the card reader, and to make a highly insane and somewhat justified suggestion...try using an emulator. Sorry for all the drama. You might be able to trick Ps store to recognize the psp and download the files you want and then copy them to your psp if you're worried about something going wrong.

I'm just throwing some ideas out there, so don't run me over with too much criticism. :p PSPE 0.9b might do the job.

Tesseract
January 30th, 2008, 23:03
I don't think that'd work. You have to 'register' your PSP with the PSN, and I'd assume that License includes info on which PSP is Licensed to use that download. If I'd download it to an Emulator, I'd not be able to transfer it to my ACTUAL PSP.