PDA

View Full Version : Best Tetris on PSP

brianon
January 28th, 2008, 14:41
Hi Guys,

OK so I love tetris but there is no PSP Tetris :(

I have a DS and Tetris DS which is great.

With all the Emus out there and PSX support what is the best Tetirs I could play on my custom fw 3.80 PSP ?

Cheers,
Brian.

JKKDARK
January 28th, 2008, 15:15
Tetris (GB)

brianon
January 28th, 2008, 15:22
Call me shallow but I like some color :)

Any other choices ?

I like the old skool Tetris though ... just with more color.

bah
January 28th, 2008, 15:47
Tetris DX (Gameboy Color) is the best tetris there ever was, or ever will be dag nammit. :)

I had a gameboy color and spent so many hours playing that game back when it was new, it eventually got stolen. I played it recently on PSP under Rin the GB/CGB emulator and while its a great emu it didnt quite feel the same, so I got another CGB and tetris DX cart off ebay.
It's that good, or im just obsessive, probably both.

In short, get Rin and Tetris DX.

If you have a fat PSP then it will run fine with the 1.5 plugin, there must be a slim compatible version somewhere.

EDIT: The not feeling right is more the PSP's awful d-pad than anything emulation related.

brianon
January 28th, 2008, 15:52
Cheers.
Just got the MasterBoy emu s will give it a try on that tonight.

What about Magical tetris for PSX. Was that any good ?

bah
January 28th, 2008, 15:58
Ahh yeah, how could I forget Brunni's masterboy.

I have it, but for the great master system emulation (it's an updated MMSPlus plus gameboy emulation).

I've never played tetris on the PSX, sorry. I make the blanket statement that DX is the best based entirely on personal bias. :)

Play Mario 2 on gameboy if you haven't before, its amazing what they did with bugger all processing power and 4 shades of greyish-green.