PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Aspect Ratio

SoulReaver911
January 28th, 2008, 18:50
In the playstation emulator there are some settings that let you customize the screen to be the original size, "normal" which is bigger but still in the original aspect ratio, zoom which fits the screen to 16:9 but cuts off portions of it, and widescreen which changes the ratio to fit the screen but keeps the whole image intact.

However what I really want is an option to set the ratio to 4:3 so it fits the screen with a little stretch but not too much.

Is there a plugin or mod that can do this under sony's psx emulator?

Thanks.

Tesseract
January 29th, 2008, 03:28
The 'Normal' aspect IS 4:3, it's just for some reason not stretched all the way top-to-bottom.

I might be missing the point, though. Can you give a better example of what you're looking for?

SoulReaver911
January 29th, 2008, 11:12
Ok, yeah here is the specific ratio that I'm looking for.

4:2.8333

It's exactly what you said, stretched to the top and bottom, like some emulators offer (NesterJ and SNESTYL have this option.)

I've come to like this ratio quite a bit because it "fits" the screen (which is what some of the emulators call it.) However it gives a little stretch because the ratio is slightly off, but still enjoyable.

Tesseract
January 29th, 2008, 20:15
Heh... I don't know if that's enough of a difference to enough people to warrant the trouble of making a customer POPS plugin...

I suppose it might be something that could be hacked into the existing POPS, but again... Likely more trouble than it's really worth.