PDA

View Full Version : cant acess to recovery menu

pauloafe
January 29th, 2008, 01:28
big problems.
im trying to install a new theme, and for some reason i delete a vsh folder of flash0. before i delete i backup it.
after that i cant anymore restart my psp. and never see the recovery menu, using right but.
sorry about my poor english!
can anyone help me?~tks in advance

SoulReaver911
January 29th, 2008, 02:24
Sounds like you bricked your psp. All you need to do to install a new theme is to put the .ptf file in PSP/THEMES.

Of course if you used a particularly old theme that was made for firmware 1.50, there would be a good chance you would brick your psp.

So....why did you "delete a vsh folder of flash0" and how??? The only way you could delete anything from flash0 is on the psp itself any you can't back it up. At least as far as I know.

Perhaps you mean VSH.txt form the directory seplugins?

mike_jmg
January 29th, 2008, 20:07
ehm SoulReaver911

He's talking about custom themes, not ptf ones, for those you have to do a backup of your flash0, and then replace some of the files with customized ones, this was before sony copied that feature and released ptf themes.

There's been a feature that lets you access flash0 through an usb cable and your PC since 3.02-OE or before

And pauloafe, look for someone who can make you a pandora's battery, or if you're not lucky with that, buy one at ebay

SoulReaver911
January 29th, 2008, 22:33
ehm SoulReaver911

He's talking about custom themes, not ptf ones, for those you have to do a backup of your flash0, and then replace some of the files with customized ones, this was before sony copied that feature and released ptf themes.

There's been a feature that lets you access flash0 through an usb cable and your PC since 3.02-OE or before

My mistake. I'm surprised though, I've never knew I could access my flash0 through the pc and I've never seen a reason too. Meh.

However I don't understand the difference between "customized" and "ptf" themes. I know that one can make a custom theme and export it as a ptf with Sony's theme creator. So what did Sony do that made theme creating different and into what it is today?

Wally
January 30th, 2008, 22:56
oh dear...

Get a pandora battery and recover.

In the future my good friend, DO NOT MESS with flash on the PSP (with exception to SWF)

mike_jmg
January 31st, 2008, 01:01
My mistake. I'm surprised though, I've never knew I could access my flash0 through the pc and I've never seen a reason too. Meh.

However I don't understand the difference between "customized" and "ptf" themes. I know that one can make a custom theme and export it as a ptf with Sony's theme creator. So what did Sony do that made theme creating different and into what it is today?

the only diference is that you can have custom wave lines in front of the wallpaper, and it looks really sweet

But there is a way to skip messing up your flash0, using a plugin named cxmb, wich loads files from your memory stick instead of the ones in flash0, so you don't need to replace them or anything

SoulReaver911
January 31st, 2008, 03:10
That is awesome.

Thanks for the name, I'm going to have to try this out.

pauloafe
February 14th, 2008, 21:58
the only diference is that you can have custom wave lines in front of the wallpaper, and it looks really sweet

But there is a way to skip messing up your flash0, using a plugin named cxmb, wich loads files from your memory stick instead of the ones in flash0, so you don't need to replace them or anything

i have a pandora batery for the psp slim.
1st i try to make a magic strik with Easy_Pandora's_Battery", and nothing. cant acess to no other menu, just the gren light. dont know if this is a brick. remember that i cant a and nothing else
cant acess to recover menu ou other menu.

thanks in advance.

mike_jmg
February 15th, 2008, 03:53
maybe the easy installer you tried was for installing 1.50, that one doesn't work on the slim

look for one that says despertar v3 or v4 easy installer by Mr. Dune

and yes your psp is bricked, but pandora will bring it back

Wally
February 15th, 2008, 12:57
Why do people customise their skins manually anyway?

Sony have offered a new and easier way to customise your themes, get with it!