PDA

View Full Version : Strife

Draw
August 4th, 2005, 13:58
Hi ppl! First of all i'd like to say im new at these forums, checked the rules nd stuff, I hope this post isn't in the wrong spot, wasn't sure if it had to be put with the DoomPSP 0.4 topic, anyway...

I'm a HUGE Strife-fan.. IMO it's one of the deepest/coolest FPS with a gr8 story along with the original Deus Ex.. It's abandonware & the game company that made it has been long gone... the game = an overlooked gem!

Just using the WAD-files of Strife with the Doom-port (and I know those dont run *yet*) wouldnt result in the exact game of Strife would it? Because Strife is another game? WAD-files are just the levels & weapons right? Or is ALL the info in the WAD's? I was wondering since Strife has a more advanced interface than Doom.. (with its inventory & story/questlog nd branching conversations with ppl etc)

Anyway my question in short is: Can Strife be ported to the PSP, and would anyone gifted with the computerskills to do it be interested in porting it???

Nic
August 4th, 2005, 16:52
Hmmmm....Never even heard of Strife. I'll check it out.

You're quite correct that the wads just contain the textures/maps/etc and not the actual game code. But the guys at zdoom have obviously managed to get strife working with their code. So if someone were to port zdoom over (the source code is available) then strife would be playable on PSP.

However, if someone will do it is another matter.

-Nic

parabolee
August 5th, 2005, 16:07
I would really like to play Strife, I missed out on that one.