PDA

View Full Version : psp not reading umd

eazy-e
January 29th, 2008, 16:41
When UMD is inserted after PSP is powered up, the PSP stops responding to any action as long as UMD is inserted.
When UMD is inserted before PSP is turned on, than the message like 'Cannot read UMD' appears on screen, but PSP remains responsive to commands. the laser works fine i see a redlight but the psp cannot read umd can this be the idstorage being corrupt

Shrygue
January 29th, 2008, 16:48
If your UMD drive looks fine but it cannot load a disk and also if you cannot even try to run an official updater, then your PSP's idStorage is corrupted. I know this as I've had that happen to me before and there's no known way to repair it right now, unless you have a full copy of the NAND flash 0 memory for that particular PSP.

eazy-e
January 29th, 2008, 16:51
If your UMD drive looks fine but it cannot load a disk and also if you cannot even try to run an official updater, then your PSP's idStorage is corrupted. I know this as I've had that happen to me before and there's no known way to repair it right now.

yea it says the update is not applicable when trying to update with an officail sony updater any way thanks man